SR520 Total'd Dam ******! PIC'S!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, this sucks soo much!

There should be a sticky thread on what to do when this happens.

Prepare to:

A. Get screwed by the other guys insurance adjuster.

B. Get screwed by your insurance company.

C. To get nothing for your truck.

D. To start auditioning lawyers and sign one up before you talk to anybody. Do not talk to anybody, that's why you have a lawyer.

E. Make and go to as many doctors appointments as you can. You want to make sure you are OK and recover 100%.

F. Get a good chiropractor and go to as many visits as you can for as long as you can.

G. Get your doctor to refer you to a Clinical Psycologist/Neuropsychologist, General Medicine Psychiatrist. Make and go to as many appointment as you can to treat your severe post traumatic stress, for as long as it takes to feel right again!

H. Do not sign off on this until you lawyer says there is no more money to get and that your injuries and stress disorder have been corrected to where bringing suit would be at the point of diminishing returns. Or swallow hard in a couple years and roll the dice to sue. Don't hold you breath.

I can't tell you how many people that I know who have still have physical and or emotional problems from accidents years after they thought they might be OK and signed off.

Good luck on this.

I would rather be lucky that good,

lucky that smart,

lucky than right,

lucky than rich,

lucky than anything...

• Like 1

F. Get a good chiropractor and go to as many visits as you can for as long as you can.

i have to disagree with F.

unless you enjoy going to them Forever. :angry:

physical therapy heals you, a chiro just "adjusts" for a healthy fee.

You missed the point. One needs to rack up as much medical billing as they can. Unless things changed since I lived in California, you get one third of the claim, the lawyer gets one third of the claim and the claim is based on the total of the medical bills. No lawyer? HA, HA, HA... good luck chump!! Might as well bend over now and get it over with.

Unless you got a real high paying job and you can't afford to miss work for appointments... getting a nice adjustment two or three times a week is going to be worth doing in the long run.

If you are self employed and you don't have a CPA doing your books and a clear record of your income and tax information, you are going to get reamed on any loss of income from missed work. Need to start keeping logs and a diary to take to court. Make sure you doctor records in writing how and why you can't work or what limitations you have.

There is nothing good about any of this and "fair"? I'd rather be lucky.

You missed the point. One needs to rack up as much medical billing as they can. Unless things changed since I lived in California, you get one third of the claim, the lawyer gets one third of the claim and the claim is based on the total of the medical bills. No lawyer? HA, HA, HA... good luck chump!! Might as well bend over now and get it over with.

I'd rather be lucky.

lucky strikes again.

the 1/3 rule IS based on the bills, i fucking hate fucking lawyers!

some want 50% in these 'amberlamps' chaser cases :angry:

its become more scrutinized, but hasnt varied too far. INS is a scam!

could be more... 10X or as little as actual $$.

the point is if you start at a chiro, once the bill racking stops so will the covered treatment and youll be going back.

get better PT treatment (rack away!) and be better & done once the case is settled. :)

I too would like to see the truck resurrected, in some form. It was one of the most badass Datsun pickups I had ever seen, and I've owned 4 520/521's. The 521 would be nice because you get another 3 inches of engine bay room to work with, making the turbo plumbing easier.

A caution. 50 years ago [most of you were not born yet] I broke my knee cap in an accident. Except for the inconvenience of a cast for 3 months every thing felt OK. When the weather turns ugly I can still tell you which knee cap was broken even though the X-rays say it's OK. "Pain and Suffering" is no joke.

America is the most litigious country in the world because it's easier to sue than accept responsibility for their actions. This is aggravated by self serving lawyers, (more suits=more work) a cultural belief in entitlement (not me I'm in the right) and a widening gap between the rich and the poor. (fuck 'em, he can afford it)

Judges should throw 99% of cases out and throw the whiners in jail. But of course, judges are likely lawyers first.

Shoot the lawyers!

Naw, the politicians would never allow it.

Shoot them first!

The law says we must pay for insurance.

It should take care of you when you need it.

All of these systems, legal, insurance, government and law enforcement suck.

If you don't take care of yourself nobody else will.

If you don't play the game the game will play you.

Haven't some guys just gone through this whole trip??

Bonvo! Didn't you have a little fender bender recently? School us bro, let's hear the voice of experience!!

I have to call the police tomorrow and get the other idiots info so my insurance can get the move and i can get the run around by the other insurance. But hell ya I'm going to get my back check'd this weekend its been felling tight media blasting here.

As for my 520 it will be up for PARTS anything and everything will probly be up here soon for my next truck!

dude those pics piss me off...i wish you would have beat the fuck out of him....fucking peice of shit.....im so sorry to hear and see this...glad your ok but fuck ....the insurance better take care of you...rip520.....fuck this sucks

My buddy stopped by to pick me up and we walked back so he could see my truck and there was nothing he could say just Dam Your one lucky mofo! the pics dont show it as well. yesterday i went it to my garage to work abit on my 510 and No 520 now that sucks!

I wanted to drop the POS after it fell to the ground he walk over by me and a told hit "get the fuck away before I try to get up and lay your ass down too" he walked away pretty fast.

Bonvo! Didn't you have a little fender bender recently? School us bro, let's hear the voice of experience!!

dont even get me started they covered my medical end of things well paid it all and dropped 5k in my bank acount for pain and suffering but i got screwed on the car end of it and my buddy is STILL fighing with them to get them to pay all the bills part of this is because hes lazy but the other par is there trying to jack him around

Man, that sucks. A waste of a beautiful truck. From the condition of the truck, it's amazing that you walked away from it in as good a shape as you did. You can always build a new truck...

And by the looks of it, you will :)

MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!! I rode in that truck less then a fucking week ago! I don't check ratsun alot and just got the voicemail from Ricardo..I spit PBR up and almost cried when i saw the pics. Fucking truck was the cleanest swap ever...it was like a friends child! I remember it when he had the old J-block in it and when i came back to sac i saw the SR-20 swap and was blown away! Last week someone stole my temporary gas tank and Ricardo picked me up in that beast to fix my old tank... Fuck man just fuck!

Hey yes it was the cleanest 520 on the west side looking sexy with the d-windows man. Just got off the phone with another buddy after talking to Slixon and I might have another 520 truck soon. Probly gonna go check it out.