SR520 Total'd Dam ******! PIC'S!

Hey yes it was the cleanest 520 on the west side looking sexy with the d-windows man. Just got off the phone with another buddy after talking to Slixon and I might have another 520 truck soon. Probly gonna go check it out.

better go!

nothing can kill a loved Datto. ask Bonvo :cool:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One pic shows were my head hit the center dash by the heater controls. The one of my head theres afew stitches,my neck is wrapped up,which i wont post is were the puncture is and my knees are bandaged up

Never again first thing I do when I get another truck is belts. Good thing I was not flying down the street like an idiot.

Today I worked on the 510 checking all the belts and seeing what I can use from the 520,and I pulled all the gauges but the busted speedo, my knee broke that.

It's nice to see everyone is concerned about your truck which is replaceable, you on the other hand, are not. Eventually this will all work out and we move on to another truck. There is even a good chance that insurance will take care of most of this.

As for personal injury I have my doubts. Seek a lawyer's advice on this. I don't know the California laws about whether all vehicles must have seat belts or even if older vehicles must be retro fitted with them. There's a good chance that not having a belt or wearing it is illegal. Can you sue another driver for injuries sustained because you didn't have a lap and shoulder belt in your vehicle? Would his lawyer have a good argument against it?

... not ... wearing it is illegal.

Can you sue another driver for injuries sustained because you didn't have a lap and shoulder belt in your vehicle? Would his lawyer have a good argument against it?

correct.

he could be cited for not wearing it :unsure: seen it happen.

teh guy is laying in the hosiptal bed, cop interviews, leave a citation next to the get well cards/flowers <_<

AFAIK the injuries sustained are irrelevant to whether he was following the law by wearing the seat belts.

it is not a cause of the accident, just a result.

he may be limited on the $$, ie. not 100% covered.

correct.

he could be cited for not wearing it :unsure: seen it happen.

teh guy is laying in the hosiptal bed, cop interviews, leave a citation next to the get well cards/flowers <_<

AFAIK the injuries sustained are irrelevant to whether he was following the law by wearing the seat belts.

he may be limited on the $$, ie. not 100% covered.

there is a loop hole here is the vehicle did not come with seatbelts they are not required therefor a cop cant give you a ticket for not having them my 56 chevy is like that bench seat no seatbelts and glass that breaks into giant shards :o the safty standarsd of the 50s :eyeroll:

he may be limited on the $, ie. not 100% covered.

If you were 'at fault' and the other driver knowingly drove without brakes, lost control and hit a tree and was thrown into the windshield and hurt, would that be all your fault? I'm saying that some responsibility must lie with everyone to limit personal injury by using any and all safety devices required by law.

Not passing judgment here. Just kicking the can around. People can drive without seatbelts if they want, I think it's simply a poor choice and most states do too. It costs more in the long run in health care, lost work and lives not to. I don't see why everyone else must subsidize poor choices through higher insurance rates.

wear your damn seat belt FFS.. an if ya dont have one put one in.. its not about looking cool or not getting tickets... seat belts were made for a reason, an if you dont like the old style you can always retrofit some from a newer car to fit.. :P

Can't argue with this.

Just got the police report the witness saw the whole thing said I was coming down 14th ave and the guy blew the stop sign at 20mph and brodsided me. It was that fuckers fault. The report said nothing about wearing seatbelts so I'm not saying shit about it,that illegal border brother hit me.

Seatbelt or no seatbelt you still gonna get fucked, you hitting the wheel, whiplash,ect. I'm bionic and know how to surive,not saying it right but if I want to drive around with no seatbelt that's my business don't worry about what the fuck I do, I'll watch Days of our lives if I care!

So if I hit someone kill them and there not wearing a seatbelt that's fine!

well that's the thing...whoever brought suing and seatbelt laws into this is taking it out of prospective! Bottom line is dude blew the stop sign and smashed Sycloned fucking rig! But i guess that's ratsun now right..just constant bitching tying to one up the last guy?! this shit is a fucking tragedy. i personally didn't wear seatbelts myself until fucking CHP hit me twice in 2 days for it! We drive Datsuns for gods sake, obviously we're not too concerned about our safety! Az has the law that pre 73 cars don't require the driver to wear seatbelts and alot of states are similar! Just stick to the point don't bitch about seatbelts, the other guy, lawsuits and other shit...sycloned just lost his baby! Hey Syclone, how much time, blood and work did you put into that 520?

well that's the thing...whoever brought suing and seatbelt laws into this is taking it out of prospective! Bottom line is dude blew the stop sign and smashed Sycloned fucking rig! But i guess that's ratsun now right..just constant bitching tying to one up the last guy?! this shit is a fucking tragedy. i personally didn't wear seatbelts myself until fucking CHP hit me twice in 2 days for it! We drive Datsuns for gods sake, obviously we're not too concerned about our safety! Az has the law that pre 73 cars don't require the driver to wear seatbelts and alot of states are similar! Just stick to the point don't bitch about seatbelts, the other guy, lawsuits and other shit...sycloned just lost his baby! Hey Syclone, how much time, blood and work did you put into that 520?

Yup, this is ratsun. You can be a retard and do retarded stuff to your ride, and that's your prerogative. You can also drive around with a bear trap straddling your nut sack and a rabid ferret in your passenger seat, but we're probably gonna call you out on account of you being a retard for doing so.

I just think that it's the choice of the driver/owner of the vehicle if they want to wear a seatbelt. I do drive with a seatbelt now but that's to avoid tickets and bullshit. My datsun is so slow right now that a wreck in that truck might cause stitches at best anyway. But I get into enough fights on facebook so i'm gonna avoid this..

I just think that it's the choice of the driver/owner of the vehicle if they want to wear a seatbelt. I do drive with a seatbelt now but that's to avoid tickets and bullshit. My datsun is so slow right now that a wreck in that truck might cause stitches at best anyway. But I get into enough fights on facebook so i'm gonna avoid this..

You know I have tons of man hours haha in my truck. It like telling all these peps to ditch there carbs and go EFI it the best thing you can do and commen sense! But that's me. O well they'll never learn.haha

But ya Slixon tons of hours and maybe you'll help me on my next 520 will be soo much better when I get it this weekend.

Just remember EFI will get you home! Carbs and L motors will leave you stuck on the side of the road!

I'm down to help, shit i got mad ninja skills that will come in handy. You gonna try to 4-link this one? Fuck, you didn't even get to run it at the track. You're gonna have to hurry summers here!

I'm down to help, shit i got mad ninja skills that will come in handy. You gonna try to 4-link this one? Fuck, you didn't even get to run it at the track. You're gonna have to hurry summers here!

If I do get this 520 on Saturday I'm gonna keep it till my 510 is done and then do a frame off resto mod build. Not that I have a media blasting shop take it there and spray the frame,cab and bed. And then put it back together. Barcadi gave me an idea with the tranny and it will get done now. And for sure a 4-link and disc brakes and last Seatbelts! Haha

So will see on Saturday as long as there's no hole in the body,but my buddy said its cleaner than mine and has no motor but I got one.

If you were 'at fault' and ...

I'm saying that some responsibility must

:lol: :lol: :rofl:

why take responsibility when someone, who was in the right, can be sued! (you already know that lawyers run the country :angry:

how do thiefs who fall through the roof of the place theyre robbing get injured, and in the process sue the building owner... and win???

ill be happy to empty the first clip!

You can also drive around with a bear trap straddling your nut sack and a rabid ferret in your passenger seat, but we're probably gonna call you out on account of you being a retard for doing so.

i prefer a cougar ;)