"The Opposition" Goon Build

Bob3

Well I finally got a GOON! It's a 1968 510 Wagon from Arizona. It is (from what I've seen so far) totally rust free!!!

I drove 1852 miles and spent $650 to go get a $400 car!

Here are some pics . . .

MX5201-23-10016.jpg

MX5201-23-10018.jpg

MX5201-23-10020.jpg

MX5201-23-10022.jpg

MX5201-23-10026-1.jpg

MX5201-23-10030-1.jpg

MX5201-23-10036-1.jpg

MX5201-23-10046.jpg

MX5201-23-10031-1.jpg

More to come!

Bob :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! As clean as you said it is. I really dont see you keeping those rear leaf springs though :rofl:

Not to ruin your thread or anything but what the hell is sitting behind the goon? :blink:

acura nsx

only a datsun guy would spend more in gas to get the car than he paid for the car itself LOl nice goon, so whats that white car on the lift in the pic

Tell me about it!!! I had the '59 shipped from NM to MA!

Bob, I am psyched for you man!! Can't wait to see what's to come!

Not to ruin your thread or anything but what the hell is sitting behind the goon? :blink:

Bonvo called it! That is the Acura NSX that my buddy Jeff & I race.

1968GOON023.jpg

1968GOON020.jpg

A pic of a pic of me racing the car a few years ago.

1968GOON018.jpg

Yeah Bob! Great find! That looks exactly like the one I know of in Nebraska...only without the front damage and with a little rust...it's also 400 bucks and is a 1968. Seems like thats a great car for the money man! I like the idea of having no rust to deal with, and since it has been in that JY for a while...I am guessing that you won't find any either!

Rust sucks!

Nice starting point for sure! Looking forward to seeing more! :cool:

Last night I put The Opposition on the scales. It has No battery & No seats, everything else is there.

L/F 515 R/F 480

L/R 435 R/R 463

1893 lbs total!

It's 105 lbs lighter than the MX520 ! ! !

I call the 1968 Goon "The Opposition" . . . explanation below . . .

MX5201-23-10046.jpg

Here's the story. I drive to Phoenix to get the wagon. I get it all loaded up and I'm excited. I drive 926 miles home and I don't get one single thumbs up! :thumbup: NOT ONE! :blink: I think the thousands of people we passed along the way were opposed to extending their opposable thumb appendages. So . . . it came to me, this thing is The Opposition.

I thought you should know what I've named this bad boy!

Great name Bob! Down here in the the south, i get lots of thumbs up for my b210, but my 620 is a different story. It seems to ignite rage in all the Ford truck owners around town. They seem to think they are the only ones who can drive an old pickup. I swear just drive down my street and before you know it primered ford f100's start peeling out and showing how tough they are! So i feel like "the opposition" in my truck! i cant wait to see what you do with the wagon, i also have always wanted one.

People are usually (expletive)lame and as a general rule have no idea what something really "cool" looks like <_< . I effing LOVE this thing man! I would like to see their faces when you blow by them when its all done. Hahaha! Looking forward to see it grow and dominate...just like The Opposition should right? I love the name too. I wish I could think of something that cool for my truck. :blink:

name='Bob3' date='31 January 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1264988323' post='261226']

MX5201-23-10030-1.jpg

MX5201-23-10036-1.jpg

You might need some seat covers and a fresh bottle of Armor All there Bob.

Nice looking start your your next beauty. Like everyone else.....can't wait.