"The Opposition" Goon Build

Bob3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

heheheh...yup...I didnt drive as far as you did to pick up my wagon...went from northern oregon to southern california. the gas money was a good chunk of the investment. I would call it the opposition because on the way back up we had tons of people giving us the thumbs up and compliments on the way back up...and mine was a rat hotel, yours is much cleaner than mine was.

looks like a good starting point...how much you think the swap will change the weight? I haven't looked into miata's drivetrain weight.

so, is this wagon getting the same loving the pickup did? IRS? or are you keeping the solid axle?

looks like a good starting point...how much you think the swap will change the weight? I haven't looked into miata's drivetrain weight.

so, is this wagon getting the same loving the pickup did? IRS? or are you keeping the solid axle?

It gets the same suspension love (IRS front & rear) but drive train will not be 115hp Miata it will be 240hp S2000. Weight is interesting, the 1966 L520 stock weight is 2116lbs the MX520 weighs 2000lbs. I have done a S2000 swap into a Miata with a friend and his car lost 50lbs. I think The Opposition will weigh in around 2050lbs when it's complete.

It should ROCK, 2050lbs, 50/50 weight, IRS front & rear, 4 wheel disc & 240hp! :P

It gets the same suspension love (IRS front & rear) but drive train will not be 115hp Miata it will be 240hp S2000. Weight is interesting, the 1966 L520 stock weight is 2116lbs the MX520 weighs 2000lbs. I have done a S2000 swap into a Miata with a friend and his car lost 50lbs. I think The Opposition will weigh in around 2050lbs when it's complete.

It should ROCK, 2050lbs, 50/50 weight, IRS front & rear, 4 wheel disc & 240hp! :P

sounds good, cant wait to see the build...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yea.. we're patiently waiting... :lol:

OK - OK - OK . . .

I picked up another donor car today. It's a '72 4 door. I need the core support and a few other misc items of this car. It is pretty rusty, I don't know where it originated, but it will give what I need. It has GREAT glass. What parts from this will transfer to my goon? :confused:

510partscar005.jpg

510partscar004.jpg

510partscar002.jpg

510partscar003.jpg

510partscar001.jpg

510partscar012.jpg

510partscar009.jpg

510partscar008.jpg

510partscar006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question, but what would be wrong with using the IRS from the 510 parts car? They were unreal back in the day, I've seen film of one giving a Z28 Transam car a very hard time, especialy in the corners! With modern upgrades, and a Subie LSD I would think the wagon would be able to kick ass. :cool:

This may be a dumb question, but what would be wrong with using the IRS from the 510 parts car? They were unreal back in the day, I've seen film of one giving a Z28 Transam car a very hard time, especialy in the corners! With modern upgrades, and a Subie LSD I would think the wagon would be able to kick ass. :cool:

Nothing would be wrong with that, search the site for wagoon of doom... :D

• 2 months later...

UPDATE . . .

The race season is over and it's time to start on a project!

Theopposition10-18-10010.jpg

Theopposition10-18-10004.jpg

Can you say Independent Rear Suspension . . .

Theopposition10-18-10001.jpg

Theopposition10-18-10003.jpg

:P :D ;)