"The Opposition" Goon Build

Bob3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago, maybe even before some around here where even born, I was a household mover and I was doing a job out in the east county of San Diego, these folks had all kinds of stuff laying around and behind one of their quonset huts sat a baby blue 68 wagon just like this one, but, totally straight and complete! My heart started racing and I started counting what little money I could muster up to make an offer! I quickly found the shipper, aka, the person I was relocating, and asked him if he would sell it to me. He then proceeded to break my heart, he had GIVEN IT AWAY the day before!!!!

I tried and tried to talk him to selling it to me but to no avail. As we got ready to leave the guy that got it came to pick it up and he would not even entertain the idea of selling it. I still get sad when I think about, then I drink and feel better!

Great project, can't wait to see what else you do with it!

NICE!

Did you buy this from a guy out in Maricopa? If so, you got it before me! I was going to buy this from the guy, but he said there was someone from CO coming to get it, would call me if it didn't work out.

This is the one from Maricopa. I was planning to pick it up sooner but the crazy weather down there slowed my efforts. I'm very happy that I went through with the trip and got it. It's going to be fun!

They will not match for now. I've been getting pressure to leave the MX520 alone. People tell me it's perfect the way it is. I have a paint scheme in mind. I'll most likely paint The Opposition in the scheme and then decide on the MX520. :cool: