whats up with the site.... Oh, just chillin'.

WOW! 15 pages. Sweeet.

Ya know, when the site went down yesterday I was wondering-- how does Icehouse keep the lights on? THen I read this thread and saw a brief bit of momentum for some donations.

Here's an idea: anyone that chips in $5/yr gets a sticker (Slam Dat Sun: I said "sitckers") AND the ability to skin the forum. Or something like that. I'd pay $5/yr to keep the lights on and get cool swag. Thoughts?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was testing this NEW Ratsun site and notice that when I subscribe to a tread that it no longer shows that I'm subscribed to it, just wanted to make a note of that problem so that someone could or can fix that prob. GL

Edited by 420n620
WOW! 15 pages. Sweeet.

Ya know, when the site went down yesterday I was wondering-- how does Icehouse keep the lights on? THen I read this thread and saw a brief bit of momentum for some donations.

Here's an idea: anyone that chips in $5/yr gets a sticker (Slam Dat Sun: I said "sitckers") AND the ability to skin the forum. Or something like that. I'd pay $5/yr to keep the lights on and get cool swag. Thoughts?

I agree, I'd hate to think that any one or two people have to sholder the full amount, however much that might be. And then there's Thomas behind the sceens looking after the tech support. Perhaps $10 or $15 and a special window sticker identifying you as a Ratsun

member.

Why does each post not show the time it was posted??????????????????

Edited by datzenmike
pogs.jpg

What the hell! I can't just post a fucking picture?

You shouldn't be allowed to just post a picture. Think about all the bandwidth you dudes eat up going lolwut here's a boob. I bet if all the nonsense and lolery went away they could lighten the hosting plan and make it a near invisible bill

WOW! 15 pages. Sweeet.

Part of the proceeds from my stickers go to Jeff. I also give him stacks of stickers to give out/sell. :)

You could always paypal him a couple $ if you wanted to. He just wanted somewhere us datto heads could hang out and bullshit about datsuns and whatevah... :D

Edit: Geez the new emoticons are blah..

I left at page 4 for a few HOURS and come this morning to page 16! Holy crap. At least the Rat'n wrench's are back.

I didn't take the time to read the 12 pages in between my posts. So I'll just throw out a couple more notes for Thomas; The old system had a feature that allowed us to go directly to the last post in a thread. That is no longer there. Can you fix that?

Are you able to make the advanced reply the default?

The old system had a feature that allowed us to go directly to the last post in a thread. That is no longer there. Can you fix that?

Are you able to make the advanced reply the default?

it seems to start on page 3 regardless of the number of pages... still cant click the last page either...

You shouldn't be allowed to just post a picture. Think about all the bandwidth you dudes eat up going lolwut here's a boob. I bet if all the nonsense and lolery went away they could lighten the hosting plan and make it a near invisible bill

Ichorid, the badnwidth doesn't come from ratsun but ONLY for the forums. When you post an external link it eats up that sites bandwidth. If the site hosting ratsun had to carry the load from all this bandwidth the site would be a bit slower and the admin would have to pay a bigger monthly/yearly fee.

well, I'll take a sticker then! I'll click the link in your sig here in a sec.

what's Jeff's PayPal?

the emoticons do suck, I have to agree.

but, (once again: using Opera,) I have almost none of the other issues you cats are experiencing.

Time/date stamps for each post work fine

the "last page" feature seems spotty though, I have to agree.

those guys that stay up late and post are goofy, coincedence? I think NOT

from 'new posts' it doesnt.

if you go direclty to the thread, then yes.

also dont see the date/times for individual posts anymore.

I click "new post" and it show's new posts. I click on the "last page/post" button and it takes me there and shows the date/time of the last post also. Clean cookie time?

Hmm... I am editing the post now, seems to work fine for me :cool::).

Edited by Jason
Trial.
Last post button works for me.

from 'new posts' it doesnt.

if you go direclty to the thread, then yes.

also dont see the date/times for individual posts anymore.

When I go into say the "General" section and am looking at all the threads, if I scan down to this thread and select the last post button, it will not take me to the LAST post on the LAST page. It takes me to the first post on page one.

well, I'll take a sticker then! I'll click the link in your sig here in a sec.

what's Jeff's PayPal?

those guys that stay up late and post are goofy, coincedence? I think NOT

Cool, I'm about to do another run :)

Not sure offhand, he does have it listed in the Benefit Rock Show thread

Yes, I agree...they make me lol... :D

Since I bitched yesterday...... The rat and wrenches are back, the search works, thread page count goes passed 3 and last page works. GJ guys

I hope one fix to come is the color/font scheme, it really does hurt your eyes. Can't hang around and shoot the shit anymore :-(.

OK, it won't let me edit my own post. It tries to load but won't. Anyway.....from the GENERAL page(the one with the list of sections ie; Genera Discussion, Projects, etc. etc, it WILL take you to the last post, BUT, when you actually go into the "General Discussion" (or any other) page and want to look at the last post for a given thread in "that" section, then it takes you to the first post, first page.

Sorry if this seams like I'm wining, just trying to help smooth out the bumps. It appears as though this is what we are going to have to get use to, so, might as well help to get the problem figured out so we can all get back to our disfunctional selves.