Old man winter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

winter here is rough too............

San Diego Weather and Climate

What's the San Diego Weather Going to be Like? What Should You Pack?

Today's San Diego Weather

San_Diego.gif

San Diego Climate

sorry i had to.....:D

I hate you :D

Been getting colder at night here too. Almost every day/night its raining sideways. Skib got lucky when he picked up his good, it was actually nice. Weather has been getting worse. Been seeing snow almost every year at 2 ft above sea level.

Can't wait to get my 4x4 going. Hate to get stuck in this shit another year if it snows again.

Been getting colder at night here too. Almost every day/night its raining sideways. Skib got lucky when he picked up his good, it was actually nice. Weather has been getting worse. Been seeing snow almost every year at 2 ft above sea level.

Can't wait to get my 4x4 going. Hate to get stuck in this shit another year if it snows again.

What's wrong with your 4x4?

I wouldn't be able to get out of my driveway w/o a 4x4

Sad thing is....20 years ago....you could be stranded...overnite.....couple of feet of snow with 10 ft drifts.

Not now...only a foot:)

my 85 4x4 is more of a wheeling machine, until i get the motor a complete over haul and take it into my buddies shop and have him do a check list on it. I wouldn't take it really on road trips.

As for the 80, its engineless :lol: Thats going to be fixed soon

IDK how you Canadians do it. New England winters are nothing to shrug off but jesus you guys blow that right out of the box.

I think the farther you live from open water.....the better....obviously...lol

Would imagine you have more relative humidity than I...?

Moisture in the air....not good.

I use to live near Vancouver...many years ago......brrrr.

Not nearly as cold there.....but it just seemed to get into your bones.

Edited by Sealik
my 85 4x4 is more of a wheeling machine, until i get the motor a complete over haul and take it into my buddies shop and have him do a check list on it. I wouldn't take it really on road trips.

As for the 80, its engineless :lol: Thats going to be fixed soon

lmao you call it a shop i call it the den of doom or where that wrench go hall

cant wait to get that beast on the trail

and yea wtf with the weather i talked with my mom in Montana and she said they had 3" of snow already brrrrrrr

get your winter coats ready its going to get cold this year

Inland weather can be brutal! My last winter in Montana it had already snowed by Labor Day. It kept snowing until March 17th [thank you St. Patrick]. In February the weather took a real cold snap. For 6 weeks the daytime "high" was minus 38F and the overnight low was minus 40F. All with a steady 15 to 20 MPH wind. Can you imagine the wind chill factor? The wind kicked up a ground blizzard effect so within 8 feet of ground level it was a whiteout. Finally at noon one day the weather broke. No wind, the sun came out! It felt so warm I took off my parka and was walking around in my shirtsleeves until I lookeded at the thermometer. It had indeed warmed up, to minus 20F! I moved to San Bernardino CA in June!

Finally at noon one day the weather broke. No wind, the sun came out! It felt so warm I took off my parka and was walking around in my shirtsleeves until I lookeded at the thermometer. It had indeed warmed up, to minus 20F! I moved to San Bernardino CA in June!

:lol::lol::lol:

aaaahhh yes the typical Montana winter :D

lol it takes a real man to live a winter in Montana

my family gets a good laugh from all the people who come to Montana in the summer fall in love with it buy a real expensive home , then winter comes and they cant get out fast enough I know of 4- million dollar + homes sitting empty on the lake,Because the people couldn't take the winter :lol:

we have 5 acres on the lake and man it gets cold their.BUt the fishing is good

Lived most of my life on the north shore of lake Ontario. Saw -29 F once but on the whole, winters are just below freezing and above zero for part of Dec through Feb. Survived 7 winters while driving my 521 not because of the cigarette pack sized heater core but in spite of it. The only vehicle that was worse for heat and defrost is the VW bug!!!!!!! Crossed Canada in mid Feb. once, and slept in my car in Brandon Mann. fuck me it was cold!!!!!! Coming down the Frazer River into the delta the grass was green and being cut. I thought I was in Eden. Screw the really cold winters, bring on the gray skies, sideways rain and Seasonal Affective Disorder. :D

Doug I hope the harvest is in and the wood cut.

my family just harvested. Man, its like a skunk farm when you walk in. Some dank chron. I don't smoke anymore tho so its just a good familiar smell to me.

Oh, and they have about 7 chords of wood to last them thru the winter too :D

We don't need another 3.5ft of snow this year

I need more firewood too!, hear it's gonna be a cold one

Lived most of my life on the north shore of lake Ontario. Saw -29 F once but on the whole, winters are just below freezing and above zero for part of Dec through Feb. Survived 7 winters while driving my 521 not because of the cigarette pack sized heater core but in spite of it. The only vehicle that was worse for heat and defrost is the VW bug!!!!!!! Crossed Canada in mid Feb. once, and slept in my car in Brandon Mann. fuck me it was cold!!!!!! Coming down the Frazer River into the delta the grass was green and being cut. I thought I was in Eden. Screw the really cold winters, bring on the gray skies, sideways rain and Seasonal Affective Disorder. :D

Doug I hope the harvest is in and the wood cut.

Your funny Mike...:lol:..harvest....?

Yes....the crop has been canned, stored and or salted:lol:

The old Nissan pulled about 6+ fir logs out of the bush.....have about 6 cords.

Was rather impressed with the old girl...thought I ripped the backend off a few times, trying to get momentum and all. I think she came to the conclusion that she might be replaced......soon:eek: