Old man winter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you noticed, the 510 is in MT, but the owner is there in Portland. Call him up, buy him some beers, and trade him your Bug for the 510. And since the Dime is in MT, you won't even have to spend a bunch of time working on it (until next Spring when you can go get it).

Len

I'm not waiting till spring. lol even though it would be nice to have since its a sss. That trip would to dear lodge is far from here.

Everytime I hear Colorado....I think of redrum......The Shining:eek:

Don't forget, Stanley Kubric filmed the outside of the Overlook hotel at Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood, Oregon! :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Overlook_timberline.jpg

Overlook_timberline.jpg

It's getting down to 20 degrees F with 28 MPH gusts in PDX(-7*C / 45 KPH) today brrr....

^^ I could be confused too, but this is what I understand

1) Overlook hotel is the name of the fictional hotel in the movie

2) Interior shots were filmed at the Stanley hotel in Colorado (just coincidence that Stanley is the film-makers first name)

3) The exterior of the Outlook hotel (mostly the blizzard scenes) were filmed at the Timberline lodge in Oregon

I was a snowboarding instructor at Timberline one season, and got to know that hotel / resort inside and out! :rolleyes: