OpelWagenGT

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13419_53280e8997c5c.jpg13419_53280f69a10ea.jpg

Custom 1200 Ute side vents I have been making :)

Nice I like the spacing on the rays. I've been working on something similar for the front air vents... not done yet though, guy at work is going to lasercut them for me (screen would mount under to prevent leaves from entering).

test-vent-3d-render_zpsee351389.jpg

• Like 3

Dis-assembled the spare front struts that I acquired about 15 years ago. Going to soda blast and re paint them. I also did an operational check. Hardly any resistance on compression but a lot more on rebound. Datsunfreak says the strut fluid has lost it's viscosity. Time for new fluid and o-rings.

IMAG0500_zpsf0dac245.jpg

Just thinking ahead for when I start working on my 1200 again.  If I got all new hoses for the heater, new heater valve, radiator, etc... and bought a new radiator....How do I ensure that my A14 is clean when I run it the first time.  I am worried about filthy bits clogging up my new hoses and radiator (when I eventually get them)

Jeff use the device in the last post

Remove thermostat housing and thermostat

Bolt housing back on without thermostat

Remove the bung/plug from the engine block on the manifold side of the block near the engine mount (use 14mm 6-point hex socket only)

Flush engine using pictured device jammed into thermostat housing outlet until water comes out clean from the bottom radiator hose pipe and the bunghole in the block near the engine mount

The kit appeared to have fittings to make a seal where you poke the hose in so you can get some pressure in there and really blow the shit out of it. I suppose you could use a rag but I'm sure that tool would come in handy for other things. I wish I had bothered to flush out the current engine I'm running so it didn't just block the tubes in the recently recored radiator I had.

The kit appeared to have fittings to make a seal where you poke the hose in so you can get some pressure in there and really blow the shit out of it. I suppose you could use a rag but I'm sure that tool would come in handy for other things. I wish I had bothered to flush out the current engine I'm running so it didn't just block the tubes in the recently recored radiator I had.

Your clogged tubes is why i asked the question, forgot it was you who had the misfortune. Trying to avoid the same fate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last month I picked up a set of Solex 40PHH carbs off an 18RG Toyota. Hoping to rebuild them to suit an A10 engine I picked up in December and have it in and tuned/running to drive down to the next All Japanese Day car show that is on again in just under 3 weeks. The one in Feb was the 'Classic' (cars older than 30 years(?) only), this one is the 'Premier' (all jap cars regardless of age). Going to panel-swap it, put all my worst panels on it, with not one panel the same colour as another haha.

• Like 1