What have you done to your 1200 lately

OpelWagenGT

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like your right hand drive, australia? did you get extra parts? how the dash look? so many questions

Several sources actually. :rofl:

In exchange for some 2dr 510 parts, a friend from South Africa sent me a cut firewall (from the struts to the steering wheel) from a wrecked '89 1200 ute that donated it's dash, pedal box, pedals, and wiper bits (which I may not use). Then a buddy in the service in Okinawa got me a steering column, gearbox, center link, and idler arm from a '91 1200 ute in a junkyard there.

And no, no extra bits I'm afraid. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me or ask them in my build thread.   :thumbup:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/3594-got-some-work-done-on-the-1200-today/page-20

• 2 weeks later...

couple pages back I stated that I had put the 12' mags that I got from Morrisun and someone requested pics....well here's one for ya

1365953866159_zps8f23a049.jpg

Thoroughly wore out a set of 225/45-13 Toyo R888's.

Happened at the NWAA autocross May 18-19 weekend at Astoria airport. We put ~60 runs on the car before having to stop from lack of tire...

2013-05-23055856_s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced 14X6, 185/60-14 Watanabe's with BR (Black Racing from Japan)15X6.5's, 195/45-15. 1" shorter and tread is .5" wider. And yes I had the Black sandblasted off, it was a MESS!

P6020450.jpg

Have a chance to run Smurf at Oregon Raceway Park on the 21st, four hour track day!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Replaced my battery. It has been fading away these last few months.  It finally would not turn over today.

I just realized that the old battery has been in this car since I put it together 11-1/2 yrs ago.

I've never had a battery last that long.

Don't have it installed yet, but here's my completely refurbished rear axle for my Sunny.  NOS ring and pinion, bearings, axle bearings, seals, wheel cylinders, brakes, brake drums, parking brake cables, brake lines, and we even rebuilt the brake adjusters..

Looking forward to having it in and being quiet..

sundiff.JPG

Thanks.  The brake adjusters were completely frozen/corroded and non-working.  I had them in the hot tank for about 6 hours before they would bust loose.  I dis-assembled and sandblasted them and they were fully greased when put back together.  They are working great now.

Here's a photo of them disassembled prior to blasting..

bradj.JPG

I feel your pain :)

The Sunny has a 1200 pickup rear axle in it that was basically shot when I got it.  I have been driving it around cringing as it clunks and whines down the road.  I'm sending the carbs to Ztherapy for a rebuild, and swapping the axle out at the same time.

Funny, I just went through the exact same thing...   :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...