my 620

BEEBANI

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So did you wind up having to grind all of the foam and vinyl off the cracked dash or just glass over it? How did the resin react with the underlayment, if the latter. Came out looking great, and you won't have to worry about sun cracking any more.

I glassed over it, worked great.

looks good. I'm planning on doing the same with my 510 dash cap. Why did you choose to eliminate the vents? How heavy is it?

I found that trying to glass and bondo around the openings was going to be very challenging to make it look good. Plus after seeing how they work, I decided they would just blow leaves and such into the cab anyway and didn't see a great need for them. I'm glad I made the choice, I think it makes it flow a lot better with the overall look of the dash.

It's not too bad weight wise, I'd say about 20 lbs with everything mounted to it.

either way that shifter is much too long! come on BEE, that's some of the easiest fab work! it'll take you an hour at most :D

I know I know, priorities priorities.....after slamming gears in it the other day I really realized how much I dislike that long bastard!

I'm currently working on the console that I got from Ted, glassin' that also to house my 3 extra gauges. Now that I'm down to some of the smaller projects that are left to do on my truck, it's harder to find motivation to do them....doesn't make sense I know.:o

I'm currently working on the console that I got from Ted, glassin' that also to house my 3 extra gauges. Now that I'm down to some of the smaller projects that are left to do on my truck, it's harder to find motivation to do them....doesn't make sense I know.:o

it's cause your fat and lazy! PROBLEM SOLVED.