my 620

BEEBANI

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well, I've been soo busy with this thing I haven't had much time to take pics. Here's a couple:

Motor mounted, fabbing header

MVC-005S-2.jpg

Had to repair/replace battery box

MVC-016S-1.jpg

Crossover rod for steering to clear front sump pan

MVC-021S-1.jpg

16" (1600 cfm) pusher fan mounted to '85 720 radiator with my custom shroud

MVC-022S-1.jpg

all bullshit pulled off motor

MVC-025S-1.jpg

Prepped, primered, and painted engine bay

MVC-026S.jpg

MVC-027S.jpg

MVC-028S-1.jpg

MVC-029S-1.jpg

MVC-030S.jpg

MVC-031S.jpg

MVC-032S.jpg

MVC-033S.jpg

Phew!:)

Thats looking so good!! The batter box is rad! What did you use to paint the engine bay? a gun or cans? I love the header to, I can't wait to race :D

I was also wondering about your steering link. So your truck was originally a drum break truck. Have you compared the frame/crossmember to a disk break truck? Just wondering if the crossmember location is the same.

Isn't the shroud on the radiator going to limit flow? or is it hollow to guide the air in from the fan?

Have to agree. As a pusher fan, the shroud has no effect on it, but would stop any natural air flow caused by vehicle speed. My old Omni had a fan and the rad was un-shrouded. The only time the fan came on was in stop and go traffic, or idling. Anything over jogging speed, enough air is pushed through that it stays off. With the shroud on, the only part of the rad that is actually cooling is the circular section behind the fan. Give it some thought.

• 2 weeks later...

The single cam motors are all OBD-I motors and they are easier to wire, and it's easier to remove smog crap withouth throwing the ecu off too much.

Get a car motor shaggs, the front sump works just fine. Very minimal mods.

No Paul, the motor should be in today. Probably wont be running until saturday afternoon. Jeff and I will be slingin some wire at the show!

yeah you cant convert a dual cam to rear sump with out modifying the pickup tube. I only know one guy who has done it but never raced his car to see if it sucked oil properly in hard cornering. Frontiers are realloy a single cam block modified with dual cam features, I wish seth would let me pull his oil pan on the fronty engine so I could show people the oil squiters. peace.