my 620

BEEBANI

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well got a pretty sweet deal on some rims; traded a guy straight across for my pathys. They're 16" with 225/50-16's on them.

MVC-001F-1.jpg

MVC-002F-1.jpg

MVC-009F-1.jpg

Had to cut out the fender wells in the rear for clearance. Gonna put some trailer fenders in.

MVC-011F.jpg

MVC-004F-1.jpg

MVC-005F-2.jpg

Be very careful when removing these, unlike me!

MVC-003F-2.jpg

Mark--I removed the gas filler and door since I moved the fuel tank to the rear I won't be needing it. I planned on filling that in, so I'm not too worried about the damage I caused with the plasma. I'm gonna talk with my tire guy tomorrow about different tires because now my bags bottom out before the frame hits the ground.

Tnip--I plan on trimming some length off of the trailer fenders so they fit tight against the bed walls. Then I'm going to create panels that stretch from one fender to the other, covering up the big hole in my bed floor.

YEAH!!! It cool to see something different, break the mold :D Its crazy how 1" can make such a difference. I really like the look of trailer fenders to :D These wheels show off your breaks better to.

yea i got my 16's also.. and i also need to get a smaller tire size to lower it back down... wish i had bought the correct size the first time.. but i was worried about the speedo bein inaccurate.. well it doesnt even work an im not going to bother hooking it up since i use my RPMS anyways.. im sure that may change a little bit tho.. but i'll adapt.. i need the center caps for my z71 wheels.. :( those are tight bee :fu:

Jason did you have to "flare" the bedsides out to get the rim to tuck? And what is that unpainted piece of metal right under the 620 crossmmeber?

I will have to massage the bedsides a little, mostly just have to roll the lip on the inside.

The piece under the crossmember is actually aluminum, it holds my rear valves.

Found out last night that I now bottom out on the bags and the frame doesn't sit on the ground with these tires.:mad:

ok so like.. im a noob.. what is the smallest most low profile tire i can stick on my z71 wheels? they're 16's

first you have to figure out the naorrowest tire that will cover the width. If they're 16x7 then probably 195 is the narrowest.

195/30/16 is the smallest sidewall made but thats even if that size of tire is made at all. Probably not. 25 sidewalls I have never really seen.

205/30/16 ? 16 inch is actually a very uncommon size wheel and you don't have a lot of tire choices.

205/40/16 is the smallest I found listed on Dicount Tire's website.

• 3 weeks later...

Been tinkering on er for a couple of weeks, I've got one side of the bed kinda layed out. You get the idea of what I'm going for. I'm going to skin the framework around the bottle once I figure out how I want to mount it.

MVC-002F-2.jpg

MVC-003F-3.jpg

MVC-004F-2.jpg

Tuck that shit!

MVC-005F-3.jpg

MVC-006F-2.jpg

MVC-007F-2.jpg

MVC-008F-3.jpg

MVC-009F-2.jpg

MVC-010F-1.jpg

The front tires are hitting the fenderwells, so the front doesn't touch the ground anymore.:( I think if I run 40's or 45's it will help with that and with the rubbing in the rear.

ci... cu in? so 1.7 cu ft then? Is that the bottle pressure or the regulated pressure? If the regulated pressure, what's the max pressure of the bottle? Are there larger bottles?

(sorry for the Qs... I have an interesting idea that I kick around at work. Answers might make it go away, or make it worse, but have to try something. Thanks Beebani.)

Looking awesome Jason!! Shit the way your finishing the bed you would think its going to be a shop truck :D I like the bigger rims, it makes it hella tucked! It's hard to look at your truck, it makes me want to bag mine SO BAD! The truck just keeps looking classier and classier :D