my 620

BEEBANI

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What size tires did you end up running on those 16's bee. Did you put your 225/50/16's on there? I like to see that that tire size will tuck that far. Wonder if it will do the same on the later 78/79 rear axle that is 2.25" wider.

Jason

Yeah J, I kept my 225/50-16's on there. Fit's like a champ!

• 3 weeks later...
when are you going to weld all the bed seams up? they look like they need attention now that the gate is weled shut.

maybe even weld the tailight housings to the bed also.

SMOOOOOOTH!!!!!!!!!!

jason

Be patient man, I'll get there. I probably will weld the tailight housings up also.

Wow . . . I've just spent a good chunk of time reading up on your truck and let me just say you and your Datsun are extremely inspiring. I'll be picking up a 620 as soon as my B210 sells and just from reading this thread i already have a growing list of projects in mind. Its nice to see projects with a motivated and, in your case, highly skilled pair of hands behind them start to materialize. Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the bad ass work.

Guest DatsuNoob

I like it! I got a few nice dimples and dings in my corners too, I'm not looking forward to. I have a friend with one of those spot welder dent pullers, I think I'm gonna give that a try 'cause I know I'd have more hole than yours trying to do it any other way. Only thing I've wondered about is, is there a way to hide or remove the 2 small raised spots for the handles? IMO it looks so much better without 'em. Not saying yours doesnt look good, you've done a good job on everything, was just curious if those two handle tabs can be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't beat a stud gun. I really need to pick one up. Decent prices at harbor freight. What I like most about them is the fact that they make shrinking easy. But back on topic, I just read through the whole thread, and your truck looks awesome!

Got the inside of the bed seam sealed and painted, used a self-priming modified urethane that we paint equipment with. It's not pretty, but I plan on putting aluminum deck plate over most of the bed later.

MVC-001F-6.jpg

MVC-002F-6.jpg

MVC-003F-7.jpg

MVC-007F-5.jpg

Fancy locking gas cap I got from Thailand:

MVC-004F-6.jpg

Started welding the tail light housings on:

MVC-005F-6.jpg

MVC-006F-6.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just scanned through most of the build pics to get ideas on my new rear suspension im building. TY for taking all the pics you did Jason..they help alot. Dont worry i wont copy you but i do like the bar welded to the axle that the upper bars attach to :D