my 620

BEEBANI

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jeff!

It will be a shop truck if I can't find the damn title pretty soon so I can put it on the road!

How bad ass would that be, picking up a load of parts in a bagged datto! haha I can see the look on the there faces :D

• 1 month later...

lot of welding, and if you take the time to do it right to keep from warping...A LOT OF TIME! i agree with the stitch and seam seal, that is how i would do it. When i shaved my tail gate on my s-10, it took me 2 days to weld in the filler plate. tack...cool...tack...cool...but it wasn't warped when i got done with it!

at the time we were SFBD'ing my buddies dakota, so it was chop, cut, weld on that frame then "oh yeah, lets tack again" depending on the speed of your drinking, there should be 1-2 beers between each tack. LOL...we should write a manual on "a MINITRUCKERS guide to fixing anything" the first tool on the list of must have's would have to be "sawzall"

don't forget the grinder, blue tip wrench, big fkn hammer, prybar, 2 buddys (to sit and drink the beer and occasionally chime in there 2 cents), and the most important tool in the arsenal ZIP TIES:D;)

lol, don't forget the one bastard on the forum(s) later to criticize the work you've done once you show it off.:lol:

well have not experienced that yet but i have the others hell i am even guilty of being the beer swilling spectator at times... i guess i will get to enjoy the critizism once i start on my actual project instead of everyone elses and my side ones. she is just patiently waiting in the garage..

Jason, thats the reason i was reluctant to post anything on my datsun. On the s-10 forum guys get ripped new ones all the time when they are just trying to do something their own way. I have NEVER posted pics on that sight unless i was done with the project and it was in paint. Everybody is an expert and they don't realize that they werent there when you were doing your body work and you found another dent you needed to fix or something like that. Here though, everybody seems really cool, they give pointers, but don't tear people down