my 620

BEEBANI

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beebani, can you tell me more about those electric air valves? Is that what they are? How much pressure can you run through them? How big is the valve that opens and closes..1/4", 1/2"? How much are they? Are there bigger ones? Sorry if that's a lot of Qs but seeing them just gave me an idea. Any help or direction to info would be appreciated muchly.

Looking good dude! I like the fuel pump bracket, the one I bought came with a beer cosy and a hose clamp :(

Yeah, well this one came with shitty clamps and "self-tapping" screws, what a fucking joke! I used Behringer hyd. hose clamps, much better!;)

Beebani, can you tell me more about those electric air valves? Is that what they are? How much pressure can you run through them? How big is the valve that opens and closes..1/4", 1/2"? How much are they? Are there bigger ones? Sorry if that's a lot of Qs but seeing them just gave me an idea. Any help or direction to info would be appreciated muchly.

They are 1/2" port valves, they are capable of 500 psi, and very fast. I got all 8 on ebay for about $250.

Mark, I've got to put the right throttle body on there (thanks Slodat!) and finish up the wiring...........hopefully by the end of this week. Radiator is going out today to Mac's radiator to have the lower outlet moved to where it belongs.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe if I make it to the shop today. Figured out which wire I need from the key so I have power while cranking. Couldn't leave last night til I figured that out. Still haven't figured out what's up with the alt. wiring though, tried both wires on the battery and the light never came on. Have to find my diagram for wiring up an internally reg. alt. to a 620. I think maybe that's why it kept dying last night; I'm running off of batt. power.

I drove it out of the shop last night. Still haven't figured out my electrical problems. I've narrowed it down to being on the truck side, I think my ignition switch is shot. I have no power anywhere while cranking, checked all wires coming from key switch. Going to pull the switch out and check it today. I also have a vacuum leak somewhere on the motor, takes forever to get it started. I'll try to get some pics today.

The ignition was my guess. I would just add a momentary switch to the starter. That way all you have to do is turn the ignition to the "on" posision, then hit the hidden button.

Also did you hook up the orange wire? Its the cold start wire and it does really help.

I seem to recall the same thing whem trying to start my truck for the first time only to realize I had a bad ground on the 240 harness. I kept thinking it was my switch also. When I go home to night I will look to see which wire i tied into for the alt. light and see if that wont help you. peace.