my 620

BEEBANI

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that sheetmetal is lookin good man. when you say shop truck do you mean a truck used to perform shop duties, like running parts and stuff? have you thought about moving the gas tank? the way you've got it all setup if you boxed in the tank like you have it, it looks like there'd be enough room to use a spun alum round tank, the obligatory hot rod gas tank, with about the same dimensions as the nitro tank. then you could replace the floor in the back half of the bed and you'd have a pretty big cargo area. you get what i'm sayin? just throwin ideas out there.

already lookin good, gonna be lookin great.

I never said this was a shop truck, I don't know who said that; but it wasn't me. This thing is becoming a trailer queen!

I'm gonna box the tank in where it sits, that's why the tub stops where it does. The tank only sits about 2" above the floor of the bed now.

• 3 weeks later...

Did a little more work with the bed today, just about have everything tacked up. Tell me what ya think!?

MVC-001F-4.jpg

MVC-002F-4.jpg

MVC-003F-5.jpg

MVC-004F-4.jpg

I think I finally got my engine issues figured out also. Put a fuel press. reg. in today (thanks tiltnose510!) and drove it around a little. I don't think it's completely fixed yet, but seems better.

very smooth work dood! any plans for the area behind the cab?

Well, considering I just came up with this idea today on the fly, I haven't considered it much. But I know it will need to flow better than my original plan of a square box around the tank. I'll come up with something.

I was originally going to come down square around the back of the frame and then a square box covering the fuel tank, but my dad looked at it and said it didn't flow and looked like an afterthought....so this is what I did instead.

These were a bunch of already formed panels that someone at work screwed up a few years ago and were just laying there. ...score!

I like the progress on the ride, your are doing a great job. I just want to say if at all possible make it a driver and keep it off the trailer you will have so much more fun. I enjoy driving my Blue Datsun so much more than trailing it everywhere. The response that people give you as your cruising it and the looks makes you feel good. And hell you have done so much work on it you should want to drive it everywhere you can. But do what you want and build away you got a good thing going and we all cant wait to se it on the road cruising, draggin ass and throwin sparks.

So you want to try to go with me to the JCCS show in Irvine in October. I want to try to get some NW rides down there and if not just people to ride down and share drivng. Will it be ready by then????

Oh no worries, it will be a driver! I need to figure out how to get the loss title going and get it registered. It sucks though, I have no way of getting a hold of the previous owner. I plan to drive it to Canby this year!

I'm skeptical about driving it to cali though, I guess I'll have to see how she does through the summer. I would like to take it to some shows though.

Yes, I do plan on skinning the tailgate, and I haven't decided if I'm keeping the hooks or not. Probably will though.

Got most of the bed finished up yesterday, just have a little bit left to do in the rear.

MVC-006F-4.jpg

MVC-007F-3.jpg

The hook is temporary, I need to trim the cover a little so it comes on and off easier (way too tight).

MVC-004F-5.jpg

MVC-005F-5.jpg

Check out the new wheels! 16" xterras, had to ditch the other ones, they wouldn't let me drive with the rear layed out. These ones are perfect!

MVC-003F-6.jpg

MVC-002F-5.jpg

MVC-001F-5.jpg

MVC-008F-4.jpg