What does your better half think?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What does your better half think?

• She is more into them than I am!
    • She supports me every step of the way
    • She Doesn't care one way or another
    • She hates them
    • I hear "it's me or the Datsuns" every other day

I have seen that a lot of you guys have more than one Datsun and a lot are married or in a relationship. It made me kinda wonder what the wife/girlfriend thinks of your Datsun obsessions, so I present to you a poll. Also, I have met one Datsun wife and the support she gives her man and what she allows him to do with his vehicles is AWESOME, oh yeah, she also had a truck of her own:P

PS: My girlfriend is the reason I am pushing so hard to get my truck up and running. She told me to because she said "it would make you (me) happy":eek: Best... Girl... EVER!!! Oh yeah, she wants a Datsun Roadster.;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is a slightly sexist poll, but there aren't many women on here that I know of. If you want to, just replace the she with he and call it good:P Oh yeah, I made it so people can see who gets the love and who doesnt. Your name will be next to the one that you selected. I also forgot to put in one for the single folks out there. Oh well...

To quote the late (not dead, just MIA) great Ike Turner:

"Sorry?...yeah you the sorriest muthafucka I ever laid eyes on!"

"What's love got to do with it"--one of the great movies!

Truthfully though, my wife wears the pants. Not because I let her, but because she could probably kick my ass! he he

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!what she thinks.

:D EXACTLY!!!!!!!

where is the WFC choice?

when i was married, she liked it, drove it, didnt mind me working on it (except the spending $$ part)

shes gone! but left quite a few clear 'marks' on the wagon knowing that it would hurt. shes gonna pay $$$$$$ for it too.

well lets just say my first wife didn't understand me and my ways.....were divorced now, my wife(10 yrs.) now understands me and my ways completely. but seriously if anyones other half would get upset over a car or truck collection maybe that relationship has more underlying problems "JUST MY OWN OPINION" guys and i strongly beleive " if your happy- shes happy!".

Been married for 43 fantastic years...Enuff said!!!...........but I will add, in the early years it was 56 chevys...too many to count, and I can tell my wife has pushed her share of chevy iron trying to get that sucker to fire...fast forward to 76.."buy that yellow Datsun pickup..it looks cool!", fast forward to the early nineties..."you are racing motocross dummy, you knew you would be getting busted up....relax, it will heal!"...fast forward to 2003..."why not restore that old Datsun truck in Ray's (My Son) backyard..looks like a good project for ya...and we can paint it Yellow like the '76"...now that I have a '72 that I am working on (with her help), the story is...how long before you have "My Truck" finished?...so yeah, she is a real Gem....

Guest DatsuNoob

Mine's a helluva gal, she likes to ride with me in the truck and says it's alot of fun. She's a Nissan girl (06 Sentra and a previous 05 Altima) who's dream is to own a 510. Me too actually. She doesn't mind what I do with my truck or what amount of time I spend with it because she says there are worse things I could be out doing(like fatty e-brakes in the Safeway parking lot with her Sentra... dont tell:D)

Mrs. datzen bought me my 31's, two at X-mass and two for my B-day. She prefers to ride in large heavy Detroit cars but admits to liking the view when riding in my truck with her buns four feet off the pavement. Hates my parts (make that 'apart') truck in the driveway. It's gone now, she's happier.. funny how that works. Seemed genuinely thrilled when I announced that I might like to buy a 210. Freaked when I nailed a beam to the side of the house for a chain hoist and was happy when I moved it to the plum tree in the back yard. I learned this trick from her... When she needs $50 for shopping she asks for $100, I complain and give her $75 and she takes it with a smile. Well this is how I got my engine hoist in the back yard.

All in all, very supportive of my Datsun problem as long as I keep the grass cut and parts out of sight. (some times I find my parts when I cut the lawn) Knows that if I'm not in sight I'm at the 'yard'. She figures that it's cheaper than therapy and gambling and healthier than drinking and chasing ho's. Here's to her! I'm too old to break in another one.

I'm too old to break in another one.

HILLARIOUS.

mark me down under the "single" category. hopefullly i will find one oneday that is as supportive and loving as the ones you guys have. just knowing that there are women out there that don't respond like so many of the women in life up till now ("if it's about a car i don't want to hear it") gives me so much hope for my future :D

Been married for 43 fantastic years...how long before you have "My Truck" finished?...so yeah, she is a real Gem....

I can only hope to have a relationship that is like that. Congratulations on your success. Your story made me smile.

To everyone else, I love the stories. Keep them coming! This may be a Ratsun forum but half of our vehicles might not be where they are now without someone standing behind you. There are a couple regulars on here I am kinda waiting to hear from (/me points) but very impressed by the responses. SO COOL!:cool:

She says "the 510 is cooler than the 620" The 620 is stock though :D I think she likes the 510 because it gets thumbs, up about ever 5 minutes :D She likes all of my datto's, she wants me to get the 59 going bad! I even let her drive them sometimes. She asks me how I never get sick of working on them, or how I can work on them all day then read about them at night haha I told her I don't know.... I really don't, moving parts are cool I guess :D

im getting married to my girl brianne in jan. she has been with me 4.5 years, and loves all of my datsuns. she even helped strip the paint off the silver one (79 280zx). she sat with me everyday for 14 months at the shop while i restored it. she loves the little truck (75 620), and thinks the racecar is a neat idea (82 280zx). now as for the 48 ford truck and the 48 mercury sedan, she doesnt like those as much. i can spend some money here and there on them, but if i do brake jobs after work in my shop, i can use that coin to buy extra goodies. she just bought a 2000 xterra 2 weeks ago, so now we are an all nissan/datsun family!!!

My wife is supportive of my "hobby" as long as the breakdowns dont happen every week..LoL. And as long as i dont spend too much time in the yard & not with her & the kids everything stays kool. Last year she drove with me in the 620 to reso 07 which is a 4 hour drive & she loved it!

Talk about bein in trouble!!!!!!.......I completley forgot the 1972 DATSUN 510 WAGON that was her very first own car...Taught her to drive in that car!...she saw my post and said, Ronald!(oops I know that voice) you forgot "Dattie"......................OK, I admit it our first Datsun was a 510 wagon...she really wants another one "after you fin ish my truck that is..." LOL...see guys, a good woman is hard to find and when you find one hold on for all you can....makes every day sooo much fun...

my ex didnt really care.. she knows i loved em had no problem with that, even went to canby with me an shit.. the chick(s) im seeing now like datsuns, i was told by one of them that she likes my truck better then anthonys (bleachs old) 280zx... ofcourse i laughed an called her crazy, but thats her opinion and i think thats cool.. she wanted to drive my truck, once again i laughed.. thats not going to happen.. i've let 3 people drive my truck.. my best friend anthony.. whos been drivin me around for years.. also my friend alan who's been drivin me around for years and had a truck identical to mine, part of the reason i have mine infact.. other then that no one drives me datto.... i spose i'd let some datto guys.. but no one whos not a datto fan at heart gets to drive HER!! its the RULE!

She says "the 510 is cooler than the 620" The 620 is stock though :D I think she likes the 510 because it gets thumbs, up about ever 5 minutes :D She likes all of my datto's, she wants me to get the 59 going bad! I even let her drive them sometimes. She asks me how I never get sick of working on them, or how I can work on them all day then read about them at night haha I told her I don't know.... I really don't, moving parts are cool I guess :D

Because you've always been fascinated by how things work, customization, and going fast. You would make a good engineer. :)