What does your better half think?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What does your better half think?

• She is more into them than I am!
    • She supports me every step of the way
    • She Doesn't care one way or another
    • She hates them
    • I hear "it's me or the Datsuns" every other day

Because you've always been fascinated by how things work, customization, and going fast. You would make a good engineer. :)

When I entered high school the first two years was a little of every shop, the last couple of years you had to specialize in the one you picked out of them. I did not like drafting but got 10 out of 10 the first year and no less than 9s the second for my plans and drawings, and averaged 86 in the exams. This was without study because I thought it was lame. Instead I wanted to major in electronics which was a challenge and I graduated without distinction in it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes it's not what we necessarily want, that we will be good at. I love taking stuff apart, fixing cars, I never go to a garage. Yet I hated auto shop. I wanted to work on a 426 Hemi not make gaskets out of paper towels. How different things might have been if I had majored in drafting and auto shop.

I have my Datsun and my tools and get my daily 'fix' that way.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because she hasn't seen that car with the 18's! :cool:

thats what i said, i told her with wheels and tires it looks a hell of alot better, we got some Datsun 200sx hubcaps on it thanks to LeDevil they fit those steel rims perfect except the huge lug nuts need to be changed to smaller ones.. anyways looks better then it did.. found that little bottle of touch up paint he's thinkin about havin it duplicated so he can repaint it the same color, that or midnight blue or gun metal grey/black all future plans ofcourse

Yet I hated auto shop. I wanted to work on a 426 Hemi not make gaskets out of paper towels. How different things might have been if I had majored in drafting and auto shop .

LOL :D

good thing you werent in wood shop or you 'wood' have made pistons and wheels outta of an oak tree :P

auto shop is what got me into this mess :cool: that and my parents would not help in the repair department, since i bought my first car, 67 mustang, already needing help.

Lucky me!!! I've got a wife just like Javin described!! :) Not only does she put up with the datsun stuff, she puts up with the tool acquisitions too!!! When I got off the overtime list, she took money out of the budget and put it in my datsun account so that I'd have money for them!!

So...ask me where we're going for our 25th anniversary next year.....................ANYWHERE SHE WANTS!!! :)

Because you've always been fascinated by how things work, customization, and going fast. You would make a good engineer. :)

That's what I did...sorta. I'm a designer not an engineer, but I hang with engineers all day :cool:

2eDeYe;15587'']That's what I did...sorta. I'm a designer not an engineer, but I hang with engineers all day :cool:

"red"....do they let you blow the whistle? LOL

( I am sorry 'bout that)...back many years ago (close to 47) When I told my mother that I was majoring in Engineering..(said I wanted to be an "Engineer) she said to me..."well Ron, maybe they will let you blow the whistle!...again sorry, just an inside joke to myself.....

......the anni is 6/18....but we will be at Canby which is the 14th and 15th next year!! :)[/quote

Mike...MY Anniversary is June also.. 6/13.....(but a few more years than your 25)...but congrats, that many years takes real commitment...

Mike...MY Anniversary is June also.. 6/13.....(but a few more years than your 25)...but congrats, that many years takes real commitment...

It's a whole lot easier to work through things than to start over. We married when we were 19....before we were set in our own ways....so we grew up together :)

I just got a transfer to the same facility as Paula....then 2 weeks later got a day shift job with the same hours as hers....now she just got a job with mon/tue off.....which works nicely with my tue/wed off. Despite seeing her as much as I do...I still look forward to spending time with her....like this weekend we just spent in Spokane :)

Paula reading over your shoulder again Mike? Don't think I'll let you kiss me after you kiss ass like that :D

I actually kinda wonder how many of the girls have seen this thread. I showed mine it and showed off Ol Yeller's achievement and will show her Mikes. I figure that Datsuns must have a part in keeping people together:D

Mike I often work in the forest near me and have noticed many times how two, sometimes different trees, that grow close together can actually thrive. At maturity they have grown almost together and inseparable with intertwining branches. From a distance they can be mistaken for one.

Happy anniversary, late or early. Mine's on the 16.

found that little bottle of touch up paint he's thinkin about havin it duplicated so he can repaint it the same color,

did you like my instructions on the touch up paint? "Do Not Eat" :D

The little spray can of dark purple (if I put that in there) is simular but not exact. I bought that for a 280ZX model I built years ago.

overheard at the DMV yesterday trying to get my 2dr legal...

daughter (maybe 17): mom look at this cute little car, i want one just like this.

mom: dont tell your dad that. he used to have one and i never saw him.

Were they talking about your 2 door? If so, we can always use some eye candy in the ratsun world. :)