My green 620

Icehouse

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, Steve--I am wondering about the Astro gearbox. I you mount it in about the same spot as stock, then dont you want a standard rotation box? Thats how my landcruiser is setup. And if you run the GM/saginaw box then you could get a jeep pitman arm that fit your tie rods perfectly.

For now I'm just going to run a hiem joint on the bottom side of the arm. That way the geometry will be as close as I can get it without ton's of mods. That way I will have time to decide what route I want to go, I hate being rushed into things. A buddy of mine is putting a power assist column in his 510, it has an electric motor that helps with turning. They come factory in lots of Japanese cars. His wife's car came factory with it, he said with the key on it will turn the wheels with one finger without rolling :D I'm just not a fan of power steering fluid and all that icky :D

Stock location on his truck puts the pitman right into the pan. Even with a front sump it would hit. You should see that drag link in person :lol:

Reverse rotation would put it almost in line, but that requires quite a bit of fab work.

Electric assist would be pretty cool. How hard is that to get ahold of?

I'm not sure how hard the column is to get, my buddy saved me a power rack out of a toyota so I'm sure there has to be some sort of power column in US cars. Wiring it and make it work is a different story... HHHMMM Maybe I should check ebay :D

2eDeYe;135007']Stock location on his truck puts the pitman right into the pan. Even with a front sump it would hit. You should see that drag link in person :lol:

Reverse rotation would put it almost in line' date=' but that requires quite a bit of fab work.

Electric assist would be pretty cool. How hard is that to get ahold of?[/quote']

Got it steve, so move the gearbox back a little and wit hthe astro box the pitman points forward which should clear the pan. Good thinking.

And those electric columns, I have only seen a couple of them and they were both in Saturns, i think it was the ION? They are also available from the aftermarket, like flaming river maybe.

Dood you are so happy! You know I was a little bummed about you killin your low 620 to do this, but Jeff my man, this is really bad ass. Geeze, a KA 4x4 620, RAD! And you look like a kid who just got his first bicycle! Congrats!

Congrats on all the hard work and congrats on having the buddies to help you get it going. I see that street lined with dimes and the camaraderie you all share, and I want to move out there. Alas, I'd never get any art work done!!!

At first I was dissapointed in your decision to raid the low rider:eek: But now I see the LIGHT!:cool: That looks fucking Cool! Now all you need is a bad-ass brush guard and a lite bar!:D

HAHA NAH I want to remove the rear bumper later on and reinstall my split bumpers. Someday repaint it and get the "little hustler" stickers. I want it to appear stockish.

Well the exhaust is done, next will be the brakes and steering link. Then she will be ready for daily driving haha maybe not that much driving :D I gotta talk Steve into coming over and showing me how to pull the spindles. I need to take them to the 4x4 shop, they may have a disk conversion kit that will fit from what they say.

HAHA NAH I want to remove the rear bumper later on and reinstall my split bumpers. Someday repaint it and get the "little hustler" stickers. I want it to appear stockish.

Well the exhaust is done, next will be the brakes and steering link. Then she will be ready for daily driving haha maybe not that much driving :D I gotta talk Steve into coming over and showing me how to pull the spindles. I need to take them to the 4x4 shop, they may have a disk conversion kit that will fit from what they say.

it needs eather 6 luh front hubs or 5 lug rear axle so you can have a match set of rims