My green 620

Icehouse

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, what jesusno2 said...You can just get jeep wagoneer knuckles and brakes (dana 44) to get disc's from pull a part. You just need everything from the balljoints out and the outer axle shafts. It's six lug, swaps directly onto the axle you have now, cheap and super available. You might have to pick some locking hubs though depending on what you find at the yard. Stock autolock and vacuum locks suck...

Do you know what axle is in the front of your truck? Dana 44 knuckles will bolt up to the dana 30, the "C"s on the axle housings are the same.

Does the waggy dana 44 have a flat top on the passenger side for a steering arm mount or is it already set up for x-over?

Ive got a spare, complete minus hubs, 74 chev 44 with flattys, big brakes and 6 lug but its in spokane. It would probably be cheaper for you to find the same on your side of the state though.

If you go this route youll have to have the passenger side knuckle machined and drilled and find a steering arm. Make sure you use good studs to mount it. (ARP or similar quality)

2eDeYe;139117'']Jeff, what jesusno2 said...You can just get jeep wagoneer knuckles and brakes (dana 44) to get disc's from pull a part. You just need everything from the balljoints out and the outer axle shafts. It's six lug, swaps directly onto the axle you have now, cheap and super available. You might have to pick some locking hubs though depending on what you find at the yard. Stock autolock and vacuum locks suck...

Do you know what axle is in the front of your truck? Dana 44 knuckles will bolt up to the dana 30, the "C"s on the axle housings are the same.

Does the waggy dana 44 have a flat top on the passenger side for a steering arm mount or is it already set up for x-over?

Ive got a spare, complete minus hubs, 74 chev 44 with flattys, big brakes and 6 lug but its in spokane. It would probably be cheaper for you to find the same on your side of the state though.

If you go this route youll have to have the passenger side knuckle machined and drilled and find a steering arm. Make sure you use good studs to mount it. (ARP or similar quality)

Yeah but even if I find one it's going to need new calipers and rotors anyways, why not just get the adapters? That way I will still have my top steer knuckles. Plus I don't want to learn about 4x4 stuff :D I just want to drive it :D Even when the dude at Olympic 4x4 looked at it you could tell there is like a million routes I could go, I just want the simplest one, if there is such a thing. :D

Ice, the truck looks great, but it is going the wrong way! As in UP!

Haha, I've got a soft spot for offroad trucks. I was really into the whole "prerunner" thing when I was younger. Plus, some of the best fabrication that goes on in racing these days is in offroad trucks. Some of the stuff that those guys do is crazy.

Are you going to be bringing this to Canby?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Few pics of my 620 out in the snow. Me and my siblings have been into go to old abandoned mines and mining towns. We read about this mine and decided to go check it out. Of coarse the first weekend me and my bro headed up there but we didn't go prepared for the cold and the hick. So the next weekend we decided to bring my truck (his is 2wd) so we could drive more and hike less :) and a bunch of snacks haha The mine goes a 1/4 mile in! It was really really fun to walk all the way to the end! According the some web sights it's a bit over 100 years old. We've went to a few other towns as well lately, got a GoPro so maybe I'll make some videos. Anyways, Redeye wanted to see the pics, I'm talking him into helping me beef it up so it can go through more snow :)

IMG_20110403_140219.jpg

IMG_20110403_140127.jpg

IMG_20110403_164555.jpg

Yeah mine does pretty good. I want Steve to help me make it a better driver. yeah it can half stuff and go in the snow... When it comes to a nice ride and not scary on the freeway it's a different story :)

• Like 1

Few pics of my 620 out in the snow. Me and my siblings have been into go to old abandoned mines and mining towns. We read about this mine and decided to go check it out. Of coarse the first weekend me and my bro headed up there but we didn't go prepared for the cold and the hick. So the next weekend we decided to bring my truck (his is 2wd) so we could drive more and hike less :) and a bunch of snacks haha The mine goes a 1/4 mile in! It was really really fun to walk all the way to the end! According the some web sights it's a bit over 100 years old. We've went to a few other towns as well lately, got a GoPro so maybe I'll make some videos. Anyways, Redeye wanted to see the pics, I'm talking him into helping me beef it up so it can go through more snow :)

IMG_20110403_140219.jpg

IMG_20110403_140127.jpg

IMG_20110403_164555.jpg

I like it's.