My green 620

Icehouse

2eDeYe;131843']Looks really good.

Keep in mind that rear mount is gonna see a lot of torsion. May want to keep an eye on it for wear. Other than that' date=' get that body on there :D[/quote']

Yeah that's what I was thinking, that's why I filled them with Poly :D Just comparing it to how it was originally mounted its insanely tighter :D I'm definitely going to check up on it, I could always build another one on the other side if it seems like it needs it. The only thing I worry about is that the transfer case is stouter than the engine now :eek: haha Hopefully it turns out alright.

I love inventions. Looks good from what I see. :D

I always enjoy seeing someone take a situation where all you have is raw parts and an idea....then build it as you go to make it what you want. It is called inventional wisdom rather than conventional wisdom. :cool:

Congrats on the frame, I can't wait to see the next step. ;)

Yeah we were walking around my work at like 12pm trying to find some way to make mounts :D After finding those rubber bushings it all came together. Creativity with metal is tricky sometimes, if only I was Fisch :D

Very nice!

I know I had hoped to go yardin' with you on the 21st but looks like I'll have a busy weekend. Keep on welding.

Yeah I've been way to busy! Damn Datto's :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopped by Franks yesterday after work instead of hitting the PAP...

Jeff, the steering link on there is an abortion...shoulda been the first thing in the garbage :D

DSCN0007.jpg

KA Looked good though, cept someone stole your alt pulley :lol:

DSCN0008.jpg

I told Frank how to make sure your read driveshaft won't bottom out. Your new steering link (drag link) should work perfect with the new tie rod ends and you should throw the steering shock thingy (band-aid) in the garbage.

...and I may have Frank talked into goin wheelin :D

Got some hours in on the green truck, I would first like to thank Squirl, Frank, Dave and his buddy Nathen, It made the swap much easier. I'll let the pictures do the talking :D

truck%20crane%20017.JPG

truck%20crane%20019.JPG

truck%20crane%20020.JPG

truck%20crane%20022.JPG

truck%20crane%20024.JPG

truck%20crane%20025.JPG

truck%20crane%20026.JPG

truck%20crane%20031.JPG

truck%20crane%20029.JPG

truck%20crane%20030.JPG

I like it to :D I just can't believe how much of a monster it is :eek: I can't wait to drive it... Soon though I hope, Now there aren't to many things I want to do. I need to install the new steering link and rehook up ever thing that had to be unhooked. I don't think I'm going to cut the whole in the floor any time soon for the shifter. I want to redesign it so the pivot point is closer to floor so the whole won't be so big. Since I don't have a front drive line I'm not to worried about it.

So Steve you're saying that the steering shock isn't needed? Dave said it made it drive way better, but the steering link had massive flex due to the PO's mods :D

Jeff when you said you were gunna do this I was a little upset after seeing your KC at blue lakes I wanted it and I even sent you a text offering to buy it before you went through with the body swap...but now that I see it im glad you did it, that monster looks SWEET great work

Clayton

i believe this truck was as close to a dealer option 4x4 the 620 came to. it had a tag on the door basically stating that it was sent to a shop in 78 and converted

Good thing we kept the badge to prove it :D

Jeff when you said you were gunna do this I was a little upset after seeing your KC at blue lakes I wanted it and I even sent you a text offering to buy it before you went through with the body swap...but now that I see it im glad you did it, that monster looks SWEET great work

Clayton

Thanks :D I got rid of my texting so I didn't even get that message!! I'm trying to get back at the phone company :D

Dude I really like it to!! I can't wait to drive it around the block :D

Holy hell Ice what a good look that is. From lowrider to a 4x4 in a few weeks :D What are the plans with the old frame?

Steve wanted the frame, if not it's going into the work recycle bin :D Well I would try and give it away but you know how that can go some times... It would be cool to keep it for a bag project someday but I don't have the space... Unless I bring it to my moms place... HHHMM :D

All I have to say is after doing all that I never want to pull a truck cab off again :D It's a damn lot of work.... Trying to remember where all those stupid rubber pieces go is a bitch to.

Since I don't have a front drive line I'm not to worried about it.

So Steve you're saying that the steering shock isn't needed?

Better get that driveline ordered :P

Yep, that's what I'm saying.

Those things are nothing but a band-aid...they can mask tie-rod end and ball joint wear and loose wheel bearings.

Proper steering link geometry is what you need...and when you get tired of turning those meats power steering will be what you want. ;)

...and I can pick up that frame today, unless you want to keep it now :lol:

dude that looks sick icehouce but why doesnt the bed line up? were mounts messed with to put the flatbed on it? are you gonna make spacers to make it all look flush?

At that point the body and the bed were just sitting on the frame and spacers, It wasn't bolted together until about 1am. I will get some pics of it bolted on this week some time. It ended up lining up alright, it's hard to tell if its better or worse than it was before, it does however look way better than in those pics :D They were just to give you an idea of how its going to look :D

My camera sux for night shots...

Thanks for all the stuff :D

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0127.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

On your steering, I think you should look into a Chevy Astro van steering box. It's a Saginaw reverse rotation box. If you want to keep it Nissan maybe they have a van with one. I know the Astro ones are easy to get though, should be able to get a Nissan pump to push it without to much trouble.

Pic in this link

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6021864&postcount=9

This way you won't have to hack up your pan :)

No problem Steve :D Did you get a chance to go through and find any non 620 parts in the box? haha I'm so unorganized :D

I'm still up in the air on what to do, the tie rod ends for the Jeep don't seem to fit to well in the Nissan steering box arm :( I'm thinking about drilling it out and running a heim joint of the bottom of the arm. After getting the box mounting (big ass pain with the body lift) and holding up the steering link if I run it on the bottom of the arm the downward angle won't be to bad at all.... What a Pain in the ass!! Then later I can worry about PS, right now there is just to many little projects to worry about, like getting it out of Franks driveway :D

I would like to get it to the exhaust shop this weekend so that will be out of the way.

That reminds me, dude the brakes wouldn't bleed out worth a SHIT last night, is there a trick to it? I bled out the stupid load thing under the cab but the pedal is still mushy :( I'm thinking about installing my new factory 280zx master. The brakes in the green truck were kinda sucky but I still don't think it's the master, maybe just more air in the lines.

I should be able to dig into those boxes tonight.

Maybe reinforce that drag link that's on the truck for now. You could run some angle around the front edge to stiffen it up. o>

That would get you around for a little while I would think. At least til you could get some time to fix it right (power box :P)