Powerland Datsun 5! (July 2024)

jbirds510

15 minutes ago, the510keeper said:

Powerland Preparty Datsunville 2.0 Myrtle Creek Or. 

Thursday July, 11 2024

In Myrtle Creek this year eh?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, the510keeper said:

Powerland Preparty Datsunville 2.0 Myrtle Creek Or. 

Thursday July, 11 2024

So you actually got the place

• 2 weeks later...

9 weeks Jay - wow I've got a lot of work to do: finish rear differential brace, install front and rear futofab sway bars, install shift light (for track days), install new window squeegees and felt window seals, and finally get to finish the trans tunnel and shift cover.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 68wagen said:

Is it ok to camp out on thursday ?

The venue really appreciates our continued support. Im fairly sure camping is offered to folks all summer but I can't speak on their behalf as I only reserved the venue for Friday thru Sunday. Please call 503-393-2424 Tuesday-Sunday 9am to 4pm, tell them you are with us and im confident they will say no problem. Wonderful people there!

• Like 2

I've placed an ad for the show on portland craigslist, would be helpful for southern oregon, n. Washington folks to do the same. Looking forward to this year, I heard klassic fab was setting up a booth! Get the word out! 

• Like 6

Just throwing this out there... I'm in search of an early 68 Datsun 510 alternator with the pigtail 4 pin connector. Like the one pictured. Thanks.

Screenshot_20240613_121349_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MYDAILYROUTINE

The '69 510 also used this. If we only knew what the other two wires were for we could probably fit a later 50 amp unit in.

One is possibly ground (Black) and the other the output (White/Red)? That would be easy enough.

Colors are for 1200 see pic below for 510 color. Early 510 and 1200 use the same 35a alt though see match to wire colors. Jump a couple of wires to use a bigger IR one (which can be found cheaper than the externally reg usually). On newer alts F/N will be the T shaped connector. The pins on the connectors fit standard crimp on blade connectors so you can just run two wires for F/N with blade connectors to the 4pin from the harness.

Or schematically:

_======_  Field
|  F  E  | Earth 
|  A  N  | Alternator
---------- Neutral
harness colors
W - Alternator
Y - Field
WB - Neutral
B - Earth (ground)

_======_
| WB  B  | Harness Wire Colors 
|  W  Y  | (not necessarily alternator colors)
----------
W - A on alternator to A on regulator
WB - F on alternator to F on regulator
Y - N on alternator to N on regulator
B - E on alternator to E on regulator

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=LT125

6alternator_ir.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 4

Really want to go have not been to another big datsun get together since 2013... I am bribing people for coverage at work currently. Everyone wants that weekend off of work for some reason, so I am at the bottom of the barrel for people to ask to cover me...  paid time off is great up until they make you find coverage to use it... I have so far got one of the days covered... will be towing the datsun if I get to go. Praying to the datsun gods that I get to go..  

• Like 6
21 hours ago, sick620 said:

Really want to go have not been to another big datsun get together since 2013... I am bribing people for coverage at work currently. Everyone wants that weekend off of work for some reason, so I am at the bottom of the barrel for people to ask to cover me...  paid time off is great up until they make you find coverage to use it... I have so far got one of the days covered... will be towing the datsun if I get to go. Praying to the datsun gods that I get to go..  

Do what you can. If you can make it, it'll be a great time!

• Like 1
On 6/24/2024 at 6:57 PM, mrbigtanker said:

Im trying to get some California queers to come up but they don't seem to want too.

they need a ride 

do you have room in that tow vehicle LOL

are you coming to powerland this year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ranman72 said:

they need a ride 

do you have room in that tow vehicle LOL

are you coming to powerland this year?

The tow vehicle again !!!  I might just come to check it out and deliver a seat for Mark. It is along drive up there, its just shy of 1000 miles form house. 

3 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

The tow vehicle again !!!  I might just come to check it out and deliver a seat for Mark. It is along drive up there, its just shy of 1000 miles form house. 

my round trip is about 1200 

the seat will fit in the wagoon 🤣

• Haha 1