Dewalt 3400 Psi Pressure washer.Honda GX-200 Engine

I've had my Pressure washer for about 5 years.It was about 2 years old and still in the box when I finally started using it.We'll I used it 3 times.Worked good.I left gas in the tank and the carb is bad.So I found a OEM honda carburetor on Amazon for 85.15.Guess what the metal elbow that you connect the rubber gas line is turned the wrong way. They are all like that except the after market one's.I can't get a hose on it cause it is about 22 mm from the engine.I just sentit back,they are charging me .3.69 for shipping.So OEM parts are not always better better.I had to replace my honda mower's carb. too.I will never buy a Honda engine no more.The way the carb is shown is the way it sits,Check out the difference in the OEM and after market elbow,it should point up.

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I've had my Pressure washer for about 5 years.It was about 2 years old and still in the box when I finally started using it.We'll I used it 3 times.Worked good.I left gas in the tank and the carb is bad.So I found a OEM honda carburetor on Amazon for 85.15.Guess what the metal elbow that you connect the rubber gas line is turned the wrong way. They are all like that except the after market one's.I can't get a hose on it cause it is about 22 mm from the engine.I just sentit back,they are charging me .3.69 for shipping.So OEM parts are not always better better.I had to replace my honda mower's carb. too.I will never buy a Honda engine no more.The way the carb is shown is the way it sits,Check out the difference in the OEM and after market elbow,it should point up.

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

12 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Those little hondas have a habit of gumming up. I usually just pull the drain and let some seafoam run through them. Pull and clean the bowl while you are at it.

That carburetor could have been cleaned easily.A friend gave me a Honda pressure washer that barely ran.The problem was a clogged jet from shitty gasoline.Thirty minutes of effort and it runs fine.It's not the Honda that's the problem,it's the gasoline.Put high octane racing fuel in it instead of pump gas and you won't have issues after it sits for a long time.

Edited by john510
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, john510 said:

.It's not the Honda that's the problem,it's the gasoline.Put high octane racing fuel in it instead of pump gas

If you have a General Aviation airport nearby, they should have 100LL (low Lead) fuel and it has a longer shelf life than pump gas. the only caution is if you have a catalytic converter on anything you plan to use this in, don't because it will melt the cat as it burns at a higher temperature..or so I've been told.

• Like 2

That ethanol pump gas is the issue, it spoils in 3 months or less if your tank has a vented cap, buy non-ethanol fuel, that stuff will last a couple years in a sealed gas can.

I personally will not own a Honda engine again, I used to pressure wash 5 days a week for a living, the mufflers would not stay on the 13hp engines, first they would put coils in the aluminum heads but they stripped out also, then they would say it needed a new head, the problem was that Honda did not have a warranty on the exhaust, so you have to pay for everything, after the 3rd engine that I turned the RPMs up a couple hundred to smooth it out to keep the exhaust from falling off in the middle of the night it sucked a valve(6 month old engine), no warranty because of over revving, I replaced the crap Honda engines with the Vangaurd 16hp V twin, never had an issue with them except vapor locking that was fixed with a fuel pump, the repair shops love them Honda engines, one time they suggested I go back to the Honda, after the look I gave them they never suggested that again.

• Like 3

It is the carb,if you go online,you will see that a boat load of these carbs have been sold.it is a 6.5 engine.My after market one came in today,made in Japan,you cant buy a oem one, they won't fit cause the metal gas line elbow is turned toward the engine and I can't get the rubber hose on it.I am glad of this.I leave gas in my Stihl's and my Huskies and they start right up.Honda's carbs are junk.Don't ever ever buy a Honda mower,they are junk all over.I tried pulling it out on my old one and couldn't,I didn't want to try the new one and mess it up.I have done sent it back.My new one is 13.99.The oem is 94.00.When I get it running,I will run all the gas out of the carb. after every time I use it.Here is a video of someone putting a after market one on.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
On 2/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, KELMO said:

If you have a General Aviation airport nearby, they should have 100LL (low Lead) fuel and it has a longer shelf life than pump gas. the only caution is if you have a catalytic converter on anything you plan to use this in, don't because it will melt the cat as it burns at a higher temperature..or so I've been told.

Doesn't burn hotter, but contains lead.  That is the no-no for catalysts, since the lead affects the precious metals and affects the reaction.

Buy yourself a cheap heated ultrasonic cleaner and never have to buy new carbs again. Half an hour in the cleaner and they are as good as new.

Small engines have tiny carbs and inside those carbs, tiny orifices, which get clogged easier than car or truck carbs.

• Like 3

I have a Honda generator, and the one I have has a fuel cutoff.  The procedure is to use the fuel cutoff and let it run out of fuel, them turn it off.

What sucks about that is, I now have to pull it about 8-10 times to get fuel back up to the carb.  It runs and works good, but the carb/gas thing is really annoying..

• Like 4
On 2/27/2023 at 1:36 PM, wayno said:

That ethanol pump gas is the issue, it spoils in 3 months or less if your tank has a vented cap, buy non-ethanol fuel, that stuff will last a couple years in a sealed gas can.

I personally will not own a Honda engine again, I used to pressure wash 5 days a week for a living, the mufflers would not stay on the 13hp engines, first they would put coils in the aluminum heads but they stripped out also, then they would say it needed a new head, the problem was that Honda did not have a warranty on the exhaust, so you have to pay for everything, after the 3rd engine that I turned the RPMs up a couple hundred to smooth it out to keep the exhaust from falling off in the middle of the night it sucked a valve(6 month old engine), no warranty because of over revving, I replaced the crap Honda engines with the Vangaurd 16hp V twin, never had an issue with them except vapor locking that was fixed with a fuel pump, the repair shops love them Honda engines, one time they suggested I go back to the Honda, after the look I gave them they never suggested that again.

You're the first person I've ever heard bash a Honda engine.Two motorcycles,four different ATV's,car,lawnmower and pressure washer and not one failure of any kind.

• Like 3

Fuggin honda wanted me to take my brand new self-propelled mower to a service center after the first time I used it oil leaked all over my garage floor (o-ring on the dipstick tube was pinched). No, can't send you a replacement o-ring to fix it in 3 minutes, you gotta load it up and take it to an authorized service center, drop it off, wait weeks, then go pick it up again.

I ordered a new o-ring, but in the meantime reseated the original and it hasn't leaked since. I just couldn't believe that was the response they gave me. Maybe I should have taken it back and had them send me another one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, The Taterhead said:

I have a honda powered mower and pressure washer, husqvarna trimmer and a briggs and stratton powered mower. I only use non-ethanol gas and  never drain anything in the off season. Only 2-5 pulls and they all start. Who knows…

I got 2 Honda engine's ,One lawn mower and one pressure washer and both carbs are junked out,only use pressure washer 3 times,you can go on line an see these carbs for sell and a million people are buying them.What does that tell you.Never had a carb problem from a briggs.Check this seller out over 1500 sold,that is just one seller.In other words,Honda motors are junk.Can't even buy a new oem carb for it.junk,junk or and junk.https://www.ebay.com/itm/303109212644?hash=item4692b789e4:g:1UoAAOSwBL9fqj0v&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA0GeJcivQH8k%2B0cI%2BMXYU0%2FdrwCDymQVHRRakSnjNP8EC1OR1uBiYYnWj6bGLzCqkhssfAlXKKdKZB9cg4YYNIcF3DStm5PqRXW6T%2BE%2BioDy7GJg7CgcegWpYHMAa0Ddvh0JGKnpOvhbXoj1tQQQR76yd3NYnSLPBkJuh7XDwelvqSXKVJ9oKt6xSrTUgtCgvNWew72hZSVwClaF84crwlXaZn8sgtJ0yFSXrjxrXibaqP194WkC0%2F1Z7uZVInmWZkLbheBffHRb%2Fe5p2TplsuY0%3D|tkp%3ABlBMUJrR8vvTYQ here is another seller over 500 sold,duh.Just like A Nissan 720 carb,junk...https://www.ebay.com/itm/272843998548?hash=item3f86c50554:g:gHQAAOSwn45ZvOUt&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8OFbs76mytdRp3I5oSn6BdjnPrMPyZB4frdYZioxB8Z%2BWdiC6kdrxnO5GFYCDGMEDwzdGK%2FXzcZtvZUrAUMbSS9qKNAlOu9MUx3h%2F7MvcjpnABuT%2FIdProyWOceKxlKvjwk%2F3DQHwI%2BPEuxY6xsa21SNt0o%2BIf87CHCcVKFFodVWHcIW%2BuQ86S%2Fc8WHqWU4GF7lhLJPJYd7SF9PzFCzTtTIvtG7w3o9lwE1an%2FC7BztHHLEy4ai%2BFV%2FtsKrEHVlyPMfa%2B5e3rmugYDM8xLlMuREsdV3lleutml1ZP9B6dH6A1XABGubk0hmAQmzoQ%2FUq%2FA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5rR8vvTYQ

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

Sort of off topic, but not really - I hate how most of these new small engines come with aluminum plugs pounded in place over the mixture screws. They set them lean for emissions standards, but then they run like crap and you can't adjust them without some real work.

• Like 4

Just ran across that cleaning my snowblower carb in Novemburrrr, but it was a hard rubber plug, so a little easier to remove.  I use an ultrasonic cleaner, but sometimes need a bit of probing with small wires to clean out everything satisfactorily.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Honda is junk because you can't clean a carburetor ? You probably bought a Chinese made knock off that will do the same thing.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Sort of off topic, but not really - I hate how most of these new small engines come with aluminum plugs pounded in place over the mixture screws. They set them lean for emissions standards, but then they run like crap and you can't adjust them without some real work.

I had a weed wacker that wouldn't run unless the choke was on.I found a Youtube video where they showed you how to remove that plug and set the mixture screw out another 1/2 turn.The thing runs great now.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I just put my 13.99 carburetor on and one pull and it started up.But don't know how long it will last.I did run it till all the gas was out of the carburetor.Now it's time to clean my privacy fence.Oh shit,it might not last long,it was shipped from California.

s-l1600 (18).jpg

Those fucking Californians...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

I just put my 13.99 carburetor on and one pull and it started up.But don't know how long it will last.I did run it till all the gas was out of the carburetor.Now it's time to clean my privacy fence.Oh shit,it might not last long,it was shipped from California.

s-l1600 (18).jpg

It'll last, but it might transition into efi and require top & bottom surgery 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1