Messi720D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, NC85ST said:

Why not have yours re-cored by a radiator shop?

It seems that our younger generation is not aware that parts retail stores or repair services for the various components of older cars and trucks even exist. How many times have we told people to "try the Nissan dealer" when looking for parts? Every major (and most minor) city has a radiator shop. The problem with re-coring a radiator may be the cost, and there also may be some core availability issues right now, but even so, I have never paid more than $400 for a re-core job at a radiator shop.

In Phoenix, AZ

image.thumb.png.194858c239eb52139807eea6bd256355.png

45 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

It seems that our younger generation is not aware that parts retail stores or repair services for the various components of older cars and trucks even exist. How many times have we told people to "try the Nissan dealer" when looking for parts? Every major (and most minor) city has a radiator shop. The problem with re-coring a radiator may be the cost, and there also may be some core availability issues right now, but even so, I have never paid more than $400 for a re-core job at a radiator shop.

In Phoenix, AZ

My buddy paid like 500$ to have his Z radiator totally rebuilt - new core and all. I thought it crazy since many aftermarket options for Z’s

• Like 1

Well after running around town with various radiator shops looksike. Ruibuild is only option at $420 bucks their suppliers also said discontinued or back order no eta still new would run about $600 I had mine cleaned but it leaks and don't hold pressure oh well still on hunt 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

In Phoenix, AZ

Lol younger generation I hope your in your 50s lol

• Like 1
On 6/5/2022 at 8:51 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I was making an assumption. Guess I was wrong.

So the shop could or could not fix it?

Yeah they are able to do a re-core for about $400. but i also been looking at options of fitting one from like a 90's 240sx seems a slight bigger but inlet and outlets on same side.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Radiators are generally selected for their application by horsepower rating. The 240sx had about 140-150hp, which is about 30 more than the Z24. You're headed in the right direction.

I bet you could buy an inexpensive 240sx radiator for around $200.

yeah i gave seen full aluminum for $190 on amazon no brand name  but i believe its better than a leaking one, will see i will post progress on this...

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Something has to be different,  seems to be more specific to the newer models... 

In the comments it said wont fit 85, then someone asked about a 82 and they said no....

Maybe the 720 datsun gods have better knowledge of what's different...

Edited by Crashtd420

gpd314c_1

This looks like an aluminum core with plastic top and bottom tanks. I've seen this on the later (almost for sure '83s and up) 720s.

I have an '82? and it looks like a traditional copper/brass radiator.

RzFMbax.jpg

The later one is thin but covers a much larger area than the early one. The early one I have is 2 core but I think a 3 core could be fitted.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

gpd314c_1

This looks like an aluminum core with plastic top and bottom tanks. I've seen this on the later (almost for sure '83s and up) 720s.

I have an '82? and it looks like a traditional copper/brass radiator.

RzFMbax.jpg

The later one is thin but covers a much larger area than the early one. The early one I have is 2 core but I think a 3 core could be fitted.

Mike,the over flow outlet is going in wrong direction⁷

A prime example of going to Autozone and getting a lifetime  warranty Radiator,when I got mine it was just over a 100 bucks,the last one lasted 11 years.Also now they are high dollar.I put one in my wife's car a few years ago.Got it from Autozone too.If you buy a non Autozone one,make sure the overflow outlet is facing the over flow container.Another part I will never have to buy.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

Maybe, OReilly's  Several people from FaceBook ordered them and were said to have received them.  At one point, they ran out of stock, but appears on the website, can be ordered, pick up in store, 24-48 hours or ship to my home by Monday

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/engine-cooling/radiator/radiator/02ac48565f9e/v/a/8241/automotive-truck-1985-nissan-720-pickup?q=radiator

• Like 2