RADIATOR OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE

Messi720D

4 hours ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Mike,the over flow outlet is going in wrong direction⁷

It is for a 720 but the D21 Hardbody in on the right side and has the same engine. Also 1986 was the change from 720 to the D21 so some lazy person used the wrong photo.

One of the questions to the seller was...

Would this fit my 85 2.4 engine Nissan 720?
DannyDec 5, 2020

Best Answer: Hi Daniel,

No, this is for 1986 Nissan 720 4 Cyl 2.4L and not for the 1985.

From this is might be supposed that the later '86 720 is not the same as the earlier ones.

• Like 1
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Milk price depends on where you are. My work gives me opportunity to visit different Walmart’s. Milk in one Asheville store is $2.52 and where I live it’s $3.72. Depends on who there competing with. No real competition where I live.

• Like 1

Milk is 1.57 a gallon in all Walmart's in Columbus,Ga.We have 7  Walmart's here.But they keep the prices the same in all the stores.In other grocery stores it is 3 to 4 a gallon.We drink 2 percent.Gas here for unleaded is 3.03 a gallon.https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Whole-Vitamin-D-Milk-Gallon-128-fl-oz/10450114?athbdg=L1200

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • 2 weeks later...

I had this same problem unable to find radiator replacement and recore was ruinously expensive. After an extensive search I found an alternate option for my 83. 720 with z20 engine. The 1994 Acura Integra rad. matches the dimensions and the inlet outlet and overflow are all correctly oriented. The only tricky bit was the Integra rad mounts on the opposite side as the 720 rad, so I had to make some little wrap around brackets to mount it. But it seems to be working fine over a year later with no trouble (just realized I typo'd the year of the truck so that probably wasn't helpful, I fixed it now to say 83 not 93... I am pretty sure the 720 wasn't still in production in 93)

Edited by None_zero
  • Like 2

I have a '80 720, and the radiator is brass and copper, as stated earlier in this thread. I was in a front end wreck, and the radiator was repaired and still works as new over 30 years later without a single leak. The guy couldn't believe the size and was impressed with the quality of the radiator for just a 4 banger.

I have experience with the cheap aluminum/plastic rads you get from spectra? and such, and it's a quality product. However, if the original rad is not totally shot, I'd get fixed whatever is wrong with it. Once the new rads are done, that's it.

The plastic one's will get a pin hole at the top plastic piece,mine did long ago, but my Lifetime warranty covers it.It did last 11 years.At least I can just take it out and take it to Auto Zone and swap it out.I was in a wreck in 97 and they replaced  the original one with a plastic after market one,the old one was trashed.The fan pushed into the radiator.I hit that dude right in the middle of my front bumper and it pushed it into the radiator.Spectra also made cheap ass heater cores,but now,you can't find heater cores no where.When you buy radiators on line,guess what zero warranty.Along with alternators,starters and everything else.If you do get a year warranty,guess who pays for return shipping.

Plastic radiators are fine, but they have to be high quality. Low quality plastic radiators have been known to have problems with the plastic, the crimps at the core-to-tank connection, etc.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell the difference between a low quality and a high quality plastic radiator, except maybe the price.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Rat-Tat-Phooey said:

Hey guys! Newbie here!

Just joined with the hopes of locating parts. Right now I'm trying to find a heater core and a radiator for 1986 720. Any leads?

Rock auto lists radiators, but no cores.

Hit up your local radiator shop, yours can be recored and rebuilt.

53 minutes ago, Rat-Tat-Phooey said:

Thanks! The radiator was recored already and is shot now. Shop says its too far gone now.

The heater core can be done, but almost $350 to do so. Hoping to find a new one.

Will have to do my Leonard Nemoy, "In search of...." on the net.

There's good radiator in the rest of this thread, and you can modify other stuff to work.

The core... hopefully you can find one for cheaper but the rebuild cost may be your only option lol

• Like 1

Found this radiator on Ebay --->  https://www.ebay.com/itm/325464824450

With the holidays coming up, I'll have to wait till afterwards, otherwise my wife would freak-out.

I wrote the Seller and asked him if he just had that one, or more in inventory. They wrote me back pretty quickly and said that they got in 10 for stock yesterday. So I should be good till after Christmas to grab one. 

Now, to track down a heater core.

1 hour ago, Thomas Perkins said:

Heater cores are no more,gone with the wind.Got me a new complete heating and air cause no more heater cores.Are you be willing to go the route i did and get a custom made system.All the junkie Nissan stuff will be gone and no more headaches..

My 240Z one is hard to get too, and not really worth it lol
Im going to install a vintage air mini with ac/heat/defrost and get an all around modern unit in there.