1971 Datsun 521

Zonargx

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have too much trouble finding a rubber line, you can get generic SS line with adapters.  About a third of the way down, you'll find examples of what I'm talking about.  You can get any end you need.  

http://www.bluehandsinc.com/caliper-options.html

On the trans output seal.....when I had the '64 NL320, I looked at the seal.  I found that every truck trans from it, up into the HB's had the same output seal

• Like 2

What do people with 521 do about fixing the front windshield. My ruber seal is straight trash and leaks a lot of water when it rains I was trying to find out what to do to fix it 

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Zonargx said:

What do people with 521 do about fixing the front windshield. My ruber seal is straight trash and leaks a lot of water when it rains I was trying to find out what to do to fix it 

The windshield seal should be available.... should be an easy fix...

It's not a glued in windshield....

Put the seal on the window and do the old rope trick to pull the seal around the metal of the truck....

Hopefully the metal is still solid...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Zonargx said:

@Crashtd420 any link to how to do the rope trick for the windshield?

No but its pretty simple...

Damn I just wrote something and deleted the whole damn thing.....

I'm usually bored at work I'm sure I could find you a good how to if no one else does..... I'll check in tomorrow....

• Like 1

Nice I’ll take it in and see what they can do. Also I driving my truck now but it feels like it lacks power while on gear I can’t give it full throttle or it back fires and slows down like you stems on the brakes. Any ideas of what could be causing this? I have the ka24de and running on ob2. Should I be running two??. Any help is appreciated .

ps I feel it could also be the fuel pump but not sure

• Like 1

This guy in the southern CA area had good 521 windshield gaskets that do not crack in a couple years, I was buying them and selling them to people on Ratsun, don't know what he charges for them now but you only need to buy one as I have had them on my trucks for close to ten years now without issues.

http://www.kottoautoglass.com/

He is located at 861 Glencliff St, Unit 58, La Habra, CA 90631

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Zonargx said:

Nice I’ll take it in and see what they can do. Also I driving my truck now but it feels like it lacks power while on gear I can’t give it full throttle or it back fires and slows down like you stems on the brakes. Any ideas of what could be causing this? I have the ka24de and running on ob2. Should I be running two??. Any help is appreciated .

ps I feel it could also be the fuel pump but not sure

Full throttle backfire. Sounds like something didn't get hooked up correctly. Maybe AFM/MAF or TPS. Have you scanned it for codes? Do you have access to any tuning software? I have HP Tuners on my laptop which I use to tune LS swaps, but I can also plug into any OBDII port on any car and see some real time telemetry on a "dash board". Watching fuel curves or spark control or even ECU voltage in real time can be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I doubt you need to pay to do this... you just did the engine swap faster than most, so I'm sure your capable.

Here's a good link to the process....

Yeah he wasted no time swapping it.  Post some pics man.  

• Like 2

On my way to work right now I was on fifth if I have it full throttle it would boog down and slow down like if I was pressing the brake and at times backfire. If I rev it up really slow it would work fine but not go up in rpms. I need to check my tach I hooked it up but it’s not working so I can’t tell up to what rpms it does that but it seem around 2-3k

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1

sorry I’ve been busy I’ll post some pics and videos on the truck I timed it and made sure the tps and maf are good. I currently have one week injector I’ll be replacing soon 

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1