1971 Datsun 521

Zonargx

PM icehouse on here.

To anwser your question I assume YES.

Your  stock Datsun 521 ON key wire (blk whit)will more or less turn on this box  ) and i think the START wire will be used also for the fuel pump.   the ECU stuff will hook up to this Can AM box to power and give the correct signals for the fuel pump. KA engine harness ECU ect.....

You dont not have to fuck up the 521 harness you just make a jumper plug to plug in to them, incase you want to go back to stock. eample the 12key On and 12volt Key START.

you can make a 12volt powerstrip and mount on side if you need more 12volt source. But read this article forward and backwards and hopefully you get this, Hate to see another 521 truck be a goner.

also to note

your 521 uses Metric nuts and bolts on the motor.

Body ,brake parts are all SAE size so dont cross thread bolts if mixmatched lying around.

later 620 trucks are ALL METRIC!!!!

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All good I’m just waiting on my can-am box and the throttle body. Hopefully by mid next week I’ll be getting started with it. I just need to put that engine and trans in so I can measure the drive shaft length and send it into to be made. The rest of the stuff could be tackles down easier.

• Like 1

I heard that bbs went bankrupt or something and no more bbs .

i had a 93 e36 325i(72,000mile)with the lsd rear diff with the 5 speed.that thing was probably my most favorite fuel injected car I ever owned haha

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1

Dude they are still making and selling wheels so I don't know what to tell you.  Not to mention there is also BBS USA and BBS Japan which may have 0 affiliation with Germany.   Also this is the 3rd time they declared bankruptcy in 13 years.  And Bankruptcy doesn't immediately equate no longer being in business either.  

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.279d62072d98952684062d88399de932.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.34c6ab47491f0ad2ecd63346d9afc3f4.jpeg

i went on and installed the tranny first will be putting this guy in tomorrow not sure if I’ll be able to start it up.I just want the measurement for the drive shaft so they can get started ASAP on making it.

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Zonargx said:

image.thumb.jpeg.279d62072d98952684062d88399de932.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.34c6ab47491f0ad2ecd63346d9afc3f4.jpeg

i went on and installed the tranny first will be putting this guy in tomorrow not sure if I’ll be able to start it up.I just want the measurement for the drive shaft so they can get started ASAP on making it.

Put the trans on you say? If that’s the s chassis 5 speed, I don’t think you can swing that up and in because of the fixed trans crossmember in the 521. I had to install mine separately. Trans in tunnel first and then dropped KA in and reattached trans in place. I hate doing it this way, but short of cutting the rad support, which I was not going to do, I couldn’t get enough swing to get the trans tail up enough to get it over the trans crossmember without the crank pulley fouling on the rad support. YMMV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@greenthumbthats exactly what I did  I meant I went ahead and installed the transmission on first into the truck then put the engine in. I was starting to loose it cuz I couldn’t get my engine into the trans. It would t go all the way in. I found a guide pin on the middle top of the engine that kept it from going in.s14 engine with s13 transmission. Anyways I also cut the torsion bar bolts to get the transmission to sit flush

• Like 1