Zonargx

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

I guess it's good he wants to lower the front some....

Won't lowering bring the top in correcting any positive camber....

I guess. I’m not sure how the suspension arms are setup in these. If the upper links are shorter than the lower, it’ll work in his favor.

• Like 2

Thanks guy but I’m gonna install the whole suspension on it possibly tomorrow or Tuesday. That’s why I don’t want to lower it right now too incase it still to hight and have to adjust height again thanks @mainer311 for noticing it I look at the picture again and it does seem to have some positive cancer . What would be great zeroing it or adding a bit of negative camber on it ?

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Does this truck have worn king pin bushings?

They all do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you get the stock rims and then lower it the camber might come out better and wont hit the tire. as those rims dont do the truck justice.

also I had too much camber on my truck and the upper bushings were worn out(A arms I think thats what they are)

Inside the truck were those upper a arm links are behind the fender there are U shaped washers. that are adjustable. However I would not fuck with them if possible. But at least look at them if soembody put just simple round washers then you know somebody played with this before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ok I’ll post some pick of the upper control arms tomorrow I didn’t take some of them well Ans the driver side does not have any washer to give it any camber the right side does have a set of regular rounded washers one of u but they might just be u ones have t paid much attention

• Like 1
14 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

You you mean by this?????

this is a nice truck hope you dont ruin it

I meant to say I was going to do the suspension on my truck mostly all the bushings Stabilizer bushings the ones for the front rod that’s connected to the lower control arm and front of the frame and some kyb shocks. Oh and not to mention @mklotz70 upper control arm bushings. That’s it motors mounts to but that’s not to important of a discussion I guess.

• Like 2

Will lowering the truck compensate for that positive camber? I don’t want to drop it more than 2 inches I don’t want to drop it lower than the tires I want it to have a bit of space. Pretty much to how it was when I first posted the pictures of the wheels just installed. Pictures don’t do really show much but it looks like a Baja type of truck high at the front and low at the end 

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Zonargx said:

Will lowering the truck compensate for that positive camber? I don’t want to drop it more than 2 inches I don’t want to drop it lower than the tires I want it to have a bit of space. Pretty much to how it was when I first posted the pictures of the wheels just installed. Pictures don’t do really show much but it looks like a Baja type of truck high at the front and low at the end 

No it will not do anything for camber. Take those wheels off and throw them away in my opinion. Those fronts sticking out look JDM. lol

• Like 1

It looks fine. Put a mark on the torsion bars where they slide into the lower control arms. Jack the truck up, pull the torsion bars out, and re-index the torsion bars by 2 splines. To get the front level, you can fine tune the amount the lock nuts are threaded on the other end.

You can do all this when you put the upper control arm bushings in.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Zonargx said:

That’s it motors mounts to but that’s not to important of a discussion I guess.

Watch out with the motor mounts...

The ones generally listed are not correct....  

I'm not sure what was really figured out to be a correct replacement..  I used what the parts store gave me and remade the metal bracket.....

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

Take everyone's opinion here with a grain of salt. The wheels look fine. 

If he had thinner wheels all this would not be a issue as you just lower it then see the camber ect.... All he is doing fixing one proplem then indroducing another lower it to fix camber but then fuck up his fender when you hits a huge pothole rip the tire, slam into a guard rail and another 521 parts truck will be listed in the Want Ads. Ok Im going overboard but you what I mean. Its a Datsun thing.

I had a Mexican neihboor who had a Ford Aspire(Daewoo I think it really was.) It was smashed in front and back like a Acordian. He said he was going to fix it cause it still had new tires and didnt want them to go to waist!!!! WTF

• Like 1

Camber is only perfect near factory ride height. Upper and lower control arms are different lengths so camber always changes above or below factory ride height. Adding adjustment shims moves rim towards negative camber or less positive. Add same amount front and rear to preserve the caster setting. Any camber change will change the toe setting. 

• Like 3

@datzenmikeadd same amount for rear? If I put shims to take the positive camber off how do I give it the same to the rear? I have never messed with car in this way were I lower and adjust heights I have always been a huge fan of stock look up until now haha.the actually look to me that they are more of zero camber only the fronts have that ugly positive camber

ill post pics of the front drop tomorrow 

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1