Zonargx

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know how I can get all the bushings for a 1971 521 I need all the bushings even the leaf spring bushing. When I did the front disk conversion I was gonna replace them but the local auto parts seem to not have any information on them. So basically what I need is just the upper spindle and lower bushings and leaf spring bushings.

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Zonargx said:

Does anyone know how I can get all the bushings for a 1971 521 I need all the bushings even the leaf spring bushing. When I did the front disk conversion I was gonna replace them but the local auto parts seem to not have any information on them. So basically what I need is just the upper spindle and lower bushings and leaf spring bushings.

I Mikeklotz (bluehands.com) is making them again get his upper spindle bushing.... better design....

What lower bushing are you trying to find? The one pressed into the frame?

I think I have the package for the rear leaf spring bushings in my garage... i can look for that later.....

From autozone...

Upper

Screenshot-20200914-082628-Chrome.jpg

One in the frame

Screenshot-20200914-082635-Chrome.jpg

On 9/14/2020 at 8:57 AM, Crashtd420 said:

I think these are the leaf spring bushings...

Screenshot-20200914-085316-Chrome.jpg

They are listed for the 720, I know people swap the leafs onto the 521s so I think these are the ones but again I'd like to confirm it with the packaging in my garage ...

I couldnt find the package in the garage or part number I used to verify this.... 

I'm gonna check my pictures and see if I have something there...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

The shackle bolt diameter is larger on the 521 than the 720.

Gene Knight was having a local spring shop custom make them for his 521.  The rear spring shackles on a 521 are different from any other Datsun/Nissan trucks.

Really makes me wonder what I used ...

I have an extra shackle and bolt for the leaf springs I'll do some measurements and maybe try to see if I can find the part number i used in my notes... i dont remember having issues with things fitting...

This is why I said to verify, been a while since I installed mine....

• Like 1

charlie69: thanks for the shout out

i do have a local shop who is making them for me and i switched my leaf springs to 720 nissan 4x4 leaf springs and i tried them on stock 521 leafs to compare the difference between 720 and 521 leaf eyelets.  i can get the shop to make some more up if interested

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So I want more hp on my truck and I found a ka24 from a 1990 240sx engine and transmission with the harness for $600. What would I need to get it running in the truck and what will I need to do to fit I in. I am assuming new driveshaft , fuel pump and mounts? I need all the advice so I can either take advantage of the deal on the motor or I’ll just go l20 with a 5 speed but I will also need help with what it’s needed to make it happen.

trying to keep the swap on a budget 

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1

You’ll need new mounts for engine, fab up a transmission mount, fuel supply mods of some kind to get the fuel pressure required for the EFI, radiator needs some monkeying or an upgrade to facilitate the new hose locations, gas pedal mods for the cable from the KA. IIRC the bell crank for the ebrake fouls on the downpipe, so something needs to be done there. I solved that one by using a cable from the 510 to avoid the bell crank altogether. The steering linkage from the pitman to the idler also interferes with the oil pan. Some guys just flip it, but I’m not a fan of the tapered joints sitting in nontapered holes if you do it that way. I chose to modify the pitman and idler to be able to mount the linkage from the bottom into the appropriately tapered holes. This is just my own experience, maybe others have different/better solutions. The l20b  swap sounds like it’s a little less modification required

• Like 1