1971 Datsun 521

Zonargx

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m replacing these ugly wheels that came with the truck. At first they were a fading black color so I decided to remove the paint and notice one of the wheels was like sanded down to what looks like copper if you zoom in the picture you can see it so I didn’t bother trying to clean them up bettergko65V1.jpg

The tire pop while it was parked 

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Zonargx said:

But anyways back to the question I wanted to hear advice on. Will 205/50/15 fit good on the 15x8 wheels if it has a slight stretch I’m ok with that as long as it not stretch like a ricer

They'll fit fine. I'm running 195/60-15's on my 15x8's.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Zonargx said:

Are you running spacer with those wheels? 

that valance look nice I wanted to get one but haven’t had time to go find some at a junk yard haha

You said 205/50. Wider, but shorter. Might look about the same since it will have less sidewall. 

No spacers, the wheels are -19 offset.

Valance is a cheap 2-piece jobber from a Mk1 Jetta.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Zonargx said:

Unless I find some 15 inch steelies that look good I would. I was even thinking about getting them widen if I did find them but so far I haven’t found some nice ones. I got these 028 (thanks @mainer311)for $150 so I’m gonna rock this for a bit 

As Mike said chevy 6 lugs will do the trick. 15x8 will have too run a 195/50/15 depending on drop. Also keep in mind stock fronts and some chevy rears if you like the staggered look which I very much like. 

50545940151_d4bfdcaf01_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Or just do this. its up to you.

• Like 2

Oh... anyways you got a nice truck there I’m still taking my time to decide what I’m gonna use in the engine bay. I just need to get my front rear windshield seals and does anyone know where to get the squeegees on the door window I don’t like when it rains and water get into the doors not as bad as the front windshield seal.I had to put a towel on the bottom part of the glass to stop he water from running down

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Zonargx said:

Oh... anyways you got a nice truck there I’m still taking my time to decide what I’m gonna use in the engine bay. I just need to get my front rear windshield seals and does anyone know where to get the squeegees on the door window I don’t like when it rains and water get into the doors not as bad as the front windshield seal.I had to put a towel on the bottom part of the glass to stop he water from running down

Only place I have seen them is on ebay.... 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173389922482

The clips do slide side to side so dont worry about their position in the picture.... I dont think I bought the ones from this seller but the ones I have had to be trimmed a little... better to long than to short.....

• Like 1

Funny question I said I was gonna wait to install my wheels well I already did. I’m redoing the whole suspension with an exception on the body mount bushings( still need to get those ) the height of the truck after the suspension is gonna change on top of that when I get the body mounts and install them it’s gonna change as well. I guess I got off topic there haha ok actual question is 

how do you drop the front off the 521 incase I have to drop it about an inch or two?

idk how I feel about the clearance might leave it but also want to lower it not sure how I feel about it maybe if I wound of gone with 195/60 or 55

Edited by Zonargx
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Zonargx said:

how do you drop the front off the 521 incase I have to drop it about an inch or two?

I'm gonna assume you mean lower the front....

These trucks can easily be raised or lowered by adjusting the torsion bars.... if your going for an inch or 2 you want to reindex the torsion bar, which basically means you remove the torsion bar and rotate it 1 or 2 splines.... I forget how much 1 spline gets you...

Ideally you want the adjuster bolts to end up in the same relative position to maintain proper tension on the torsion bar....

• Like 2