Best Reverse Phone Number Lookup?

I keep getting a lot of phone calls from numbers I don't know.

I'm tired of wading through a bunch of spam websites that want to

charge you,or wade through a bunch of wasted items that don't tell you

anything.

Is there a site that you can get a straight number of who called 

my number? 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The number calling you is being used by these scammers somehow using somebody elses number.Maybe it's ghost calls or something like that.One of these younger more tech savvy guys should know what it is.I get them everyday and usually don't answer.When i do answer i make sure to play along with their game and waste their time.I pissed off an Indian guy after 5 minutes of toying with him i let him know i just scammed him.He repeatedly told me he would fuck my mother.Hilarious.They usually want a credit card number.

• Like 1

Reverse lookup is not that useful anymore. You can call from a lot of different numbers these days via the internet, so it's a crap shoot. If you don't know the number, don't answer. If you do answer, it will just get worse and worse. The only hope is to have the cell provider mark calls as potential spam and they aren't that good at it, at least with Verizons free service.

• Like 1

So a lot of the random calls are fish calls. If you answer your phone to these calling devices it will record your number as active. The active numbers are compiled into data packages and  sold to other telemarketers or scammer.  

Do not answer your phone. Make sure your voice mail is empty, and call real people back, Or text them that you are about to call. 

Its so easy for assholes to trick your phone to mask who is calling. 

• Like 2

I am on the "do not call list", so a lot of times when I pick up they hang up or if it rings enough times it stops ringing because I am on the do not call list, I have to answer my phone because I am a contractor, and since they went to the 10 number requirement a lot of folks keep their numbers when they move from CA or where ever else they came from to the Vancouver Washington area, so I answer my phone.

I did notice that right after the 10 number requirement change I started receiving a lot of bullshit calls from my area code, most are looking for money like police and Firemen mostly, but I learned these were not police or firemen I was talking to, they are people paid to make these calls, and they don't like it when I tell them I don't give money away on the phone anymore, they have come back with "then you don't give money to anyone", I say that I will get so many phone calls if I do give them anything that is is worth having them sell my number as I will only get 10 calls if I say no to them, I will get 50 calls if I give them money, by the time I start to say "remove me from your list" they hang up.

It is best if you are not a business to only answer numbers you recognize, if you don't pick up the onslaught of phone calls usually never happens, in the past I have received 10 plus bullshit calls a day because I answer my phone as I am a contractor, if I don't answer the phone I don't get any work, but if someone is really interested in talking to you they will leave a message, and one out of ten messages I receive are also bullshit.

If I get the same number calling me over and over I search the number on the internet, it is usually a number that others are complaining about the calls also.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

I've been called from my OWN phone number before. People are using auto-dialing services to give you the best rates on cruises "hello this is XX from card member services" and all sorts of other horse shit. 

You can thank the FCC for continuing to not crack down on robocalling assholes. Now they are putting tone onus on carries / phone makers. 

More info:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/31/21201140/fcc-stir-shaken-approved-june-2021-deadline-robocalls

Edited by BrothersGarage
1 hour ago, BrothersGarage said:

I've been called from my OWN phone number before. People are using auto-dialing services to give you the best rates on cruises "hello this is XX from card member services" and all sorts of other horse shit. 

You can thank the FCC for continuing to not crack down on robocalling assholes. Now they are putting tone onus on carries / phone makers. 

More info:
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/31/21201140/fcc-stir-shaken-approved-june-2021-deadline-robocalls

If you do answer, ask "If we are interrupted, what number should I call you back on?" then file a do not call violation with the FCC.  The penalty is $40 thousand per call, not per violation.  The phone number is likely a fake, but the firm ID should be enough for the FCC to take action.

When I inform the caller that he should set aside $40,000 if he wants to continue talking the phone line goes silent.

Edited by MikeRL411
Typo
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

More info:

I don't think the FCC has any jurisdiction in India which is where most of this comes from.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, john510 said:

I don't think the FCC has any jurisdiction in India which is where most of this comes from.

The people calling are from all over.

I get ones from mexico as well for Royal Carribean and shit even though my phone is on the do not call list, and you "opt-out' of their fucking services. It's cool though, if they continue to call you (any robo-calling service), keep answering because you not only waste their time, but you will get paid out. 

Example:
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/tcpa/930692-12-5m-carnival-cruise-settlement-gets-final-approval/

And that isn't "card services" who offer you better rates on your credit cards but don't know what cards are under your name... or the Microsoft services scam, or the IRS scams, ect ect. 

• Thanks 1

Don't say anything when you pick up, as soon as you say something the scammer recording kicks in, I just stay silent or say "what kind of scam do we have today" then the scambot hangs up, you do that 4-5 times then your number gets taken off the spambot.

17 hours ago, john510 said:

True but if the ultimate customer is USA based a diligent [yeah non intuitive] FCC employee could fine the ultimate USA sender.  I used to get woken up at 2 or 4 in the morning by FAX junk mail senders using overnight lower long distance rates.  I printed out the messages, sent the load by snail mail to the FCC and guess what.  After 4 months the FAX phone went silent at night.  I guess $49K per call finally struck home.  BTW, each fax had a phone number to call for the [usually] penny stock broker behind the call.