2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Well, this thread reads like Trump cult fan fiction. He is a deeply unpopular outside of that right-wing bubble;

I hope you are mistaken. Evidence you are correct is that Trump acts a buffoon, and inspires no confidence, I stopped listening to him a long ago. Evidence you are incorrect, as for ideological bubbles, California is one of, if not the most liberal  blue state in the country. My sister lives in LA before that San Francisco and has stories of crime and homelessness that will make your skin crawl. She started a business and has been successful. The last few years there has been enough growth to hire three full time employees. Two weeks ago, she closed on a home and office space in Utah. The new business tax in California made remaining untenable. So, there's three more Californians looking for work..The failed state of California, is a glimpse of the future under democrat control. The people on this thread come from different parts of the  country, different parts of the world, united by admiration for Datsun/Nissan automobiles.And yet, a number of these strangers found some political solidarity. It gives me hope there could be a silent majority, which will vote against Biden.

I researched some of the accusations against Trump in your post, some of them seem to have merit, but it doesn't matter. Trump supports policies that are important to me, in between acting like an ass. Biden could be as articulate as Obama and there is still no way in hell I would vote for him because he is against policies that are important to me. I hope I am not alone.

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I hope you are mistaken. Evidence you are correct is that Trump acts a buffoon, and inspires no confidence, I stopped listening to him a long ago. Evidence you are incorrect, as for ideological bubbles, California is one of, if not the most liberal  blue state in the country. My sister lives in LA before that San Francisco and has stories of crime and homelessness that will make your skin crawl. She started a business and has been successful. The last few years there has been enough growth to hire three full time employees. Two weeks ago, she closed on a home and office space in Utah. The new business tax in California made remaining untenable. So, there's three more Californians looking for work..The failed state of California, is a glimpse of the future under democrat control. The people on this thread come from different parts of the  country, different parts of the world, united by admiration for Datsun/Nissan automobiles.And yet, a number of these strangers found some political solidarity. It gives me hope there could be a silent majority, which will vote against Biden.

I researched some of the accusations against Trump in your post, some of them seem to have merit, but it doesn't matter. Trump supports policies that are important to me, in between acting like an ass. Biden could be as articulate as Obama and there is still no way in hell I would vote for him because he is against policies that are important to me. I hope I am not alone.

your not alone 

Biden is a pawn and if elected I believe will be removed from office due to inability to do his job 

Harris will take over and she is more wacked then Biden 

even if you hate trump which i dont 

trump is the safer bet for our country and people 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, thisismatt said:

Tit for tat. We also have not seen how incredibly unhinged the left is before, during other presidencies. It used to be a written off crazy or two, now it's the whole freaking party on a one-way trip to loonyville, burning every bridge along the way.  I haven't seen anything that has stuck to Trump, but honestly I don't pay much attention to the stit shorm media.  

Nothing sticks to Trump because there are no consequences for his actions—his lack of morality allows him to lie with impunity and the Republican party moves in lock step. It isn't just the American left, by the way—I have travelled a lot the past few years: Australia, New Zealand, Germany, UK, Costa Rica, and Taiwan are a few of the places I've visited. One of the most common questions or comments is along the lines of, "Trump? What the fuck were you guys thinking." I don't know what we were thinking. I would rather watch Malcom Turnbull and Scott Morrison give a kangaroo the reach around than witness what Trump is doing to our country. 

48 minutes ago, frankendat said:

A lot of the west coast is a liberal bubble, as is the east coast. San Francisco is gross, largely due to the massive wealth inequality—it was a more interesting place 20 years ago. California is far from a failed state though. The economy of California is, by far, the strongest in the entire country. The state by itself is ranked the fifth largest economy in the world. I'm not sure how that denotes it as failed, unless you're going by some other metric. What policies does Trump support that are important to you?

Trump didn't strengthen our nations' economy either. If you actually look at the data, it continues on the exact same trend from when Obama was president. Though, in general, it's disingenuous to attribute an economy to a president anyway—and if we did, democrats have done a lot better in that regard.

31 minutes ago, Ranman72 said:

your not alone 

Biden is a pawn and if elected I believe will be removed from office due to inability to do his job 

Harris will take over and she is more wacked then Biden 

even if you hate trump which i dont 

trump is the safer bet for our country and people 

Biden is not my favorite, but is easily more competent and a better choice than Trump. An unripe cabbage is more qualified than Trump though.

12 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

America needs a third party. It would smarten the other two fucks up.

Spot on! We need many more parties. The problem with our voting system, and even a first-past-the-post voting system, is they eventually funnel down to a two-party system. The problem is, neither party will ever change it.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Nothing sticks to Trump because there are no consequences for his actions—his lack of morality allows him to lie with impunity and the Republican party moves in lock step. It isn't just the American left, by the way—I have travelled a lot the past few years: Australia, New Zealand, Germany, UK, Costa Rica, and Taiwan are a few of the places I've visited. One of the most common questions or comments is along the lines of, "Trump? What the fuck were you guys thinking." I don't know what we were thinking. I would rather watch Malcom Turnbull and Scott Morrison give a kangaroo the reach around than witness what Trump is doing to our country. 

So, nothing sticks to Trump because he hasn't done anything illegal? Or you mean no consequences like zero bail? I'm happy to have a president that other countries think wtf to. Better than having one that bows to said countries - like what have they done for us lately. I would think any normal person would be HAPPY that our fed government/president wasn't sucking the chode of other nations for a change. A normal person might lump that in with pulling military back from foreign stupidity to refocus on our country instead.

What is Trump doing to our country besides exposing the lunacy the left will stoop to?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

So, nothing sticks to Trump because he hasn't done anything illegal? Or you mean no consequences like zero bail? I'm happy to have a president that other countries think wtf to. Better than having one that bows to said countries - like what have they done for us lately. I would think any normal person would be HAPPY that our fed government/president wasn't sucking the chode of other nations for a change. A normal person might lump that in with pulling military back from foreign stupidity to refocus on our country instead.

What is Trump doing to our country besides exposing the lunacy the left will stoop to?

No, Trump has done plenty of illegal things like the aforementioned Ukraine extortion—or, as early as a few weeks ago, the multitude of Hatch act violations. Or how about his campaign finance violations? He faces no consequences because his party will not hold him to account. They march in lockstep. 

Those countries are our allies—Trump does suck the chode, as you put it, of Russia and countries run by dictators he admires. Some of those military withdraws, like when we fucked our allies, the Kurds in Syria, benefited Putin and not us. Especially interesting considering the recent senate report that acknowledges collusion between his campaign team and Russia (despite the senators saying the opposite publicly).

Honestly, it's really hard to remember all the scandals these charlatans have been involved in. There's a new one every week! I did do a little google searching for you and found this timeline with sources (it's dense as all fuck):

https://www.jordanskahn.com/trump-scandal-timeline#mu-portfolio

Anyway, I'm not too keen on poking the bear! Just wanted to inject a different perspective into this thread, but I doubt I'll change any opinions. Political studies have basically said people are pretty dug in. 🙂

20 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Uh, what would the military need to focus on in your country if you pull them out of other countries???? You want to keep the rust off something? use it and don't let it sit around. You can't teach experience to an army. You pull out and someone else will move in and you've lost the initiative. "Walk quietly and carry a big stick"

13 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Uh, what would the military need to focus on in your country if you pull them out of other countries???? You want to keep the rust off something? use it and don't let it sit around. You can't teach experience to an army. You pull out and someone else will move in and you've lost the initiative. "Walk quietly and carry a big stick"

I know what he means though. The US has been involved in conflicts that we should never have been. Getting out of those conflicts without doing additional damage is the tricky part. But yeah, having bases around the world and doing exercises is pretty standard since... WWII? 

41 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The military is not doing the refocusing, the federal government is. Scale it back a tad, spend the money here. Hell, keep it all, just save the gas money and medical costs and we're already way ahead.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mattndew76 said:

This is why Biden loses.

the left is nuts.

Tim makes excellent points and I agree. And based on this information alone a rational person should reexamine their political support. Once again, evidence supports left wing hysteria.

I watched it and really only 2 people involved in a scuffle with a couple trying to separate them. No punches land, hell the pepper spraying was more of a violent attack FFS. This is a MOB?????? Wow Tim's been watching too many loony lefty's shit videos. I like his videos but I've got to call this what it is ... a BULL SHIT story.  

13 hours ago, thisismatt said:

The military is not doing the refocusing, the federal government is. Scale it back a tad, spend the money here. Hell, keep it all, just save the gas money and medical costs and we're already way ahead.

The military, I am a vet (:Don't thank me, my unit was put on alert for the war, but we were not sent. Save your thanks for those who went to war.) somewhere around Vietnam and Korea, became an American tax payer financed world charity. The rule of warfare, since the dawn of civilization was, "If you are beaten into submission, then your shit, becomes my shit" . And here I show one of my liberal ideals, I would be open to releasing the conquered after the expense of the liberation  was recovered.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I watched it and really only 2 people involved in a scuffle with a couple trying to separate them. No punches land, hell the pepper spraying was more of a violent attack FFS. This is a MOB?????? Wow Tim's been watching too many loony lefty's shit videos. I like his videos but I've got to call this what it is ... a BULL SHIT story.  

I think Tim is tired of the overt lies and he is desperately hoping for everyone to notice what he is seeing.

Corporate media is outright the enemy of the civilized society. Independent news  if untouched by corporate $$ seems to be aligned with the people still.

I feel for Tim. He is having the frustrating moment of leading his horse to the water but unable to make it drink.

15 hours ago, Thomas said:

A lot of the west coast is a liberal bubble, as is the east coast. San Francisco is gross, largely due to the massive wealth inequality—it was a more interesting place 20 years ago. California is far from a failed state though. The economy of California is, by far, the strongest in the entire country. The state by itself is ranked the fifth largest economy in the world. I'm not sure how that denotes it as failed, unless you're going by some other metric. What policies does Trump support that are important to you?

Trump didn't strengthen our nations' economy either. If you actually look at the data, it continues on the exact same trend from when Obama was president. Though, in general, it's disingenuous to attribute an economy to a president anyway—and if we did, democrats have done a lot better in that regard.

California not a failed state?!  Do you drive around your state much? I will admit there are some  excellent rural and northern communities, but the major cities (the majority) of California, is a pool of filth. California has some of the most restrictive firearm ownership policies in the nation and they have one of the highest rates of violent crime . Funny how it works out that way, over and over again. The latest tax increase is chasing business into other states. San Fransisco was much better 20 years ago, now people openly shit in the street and that is not hyperbole or rhetoric, it is fact

I remember when Clinton was in power and the right went on and on about "Who consulted who" , stories that the Clinton's engaged  in a myriad of illegal activities, including murder without consequence. Bill even lied to the Court. not misstated or didn't understand the question. He looked directly at the camera and lied. The Democrats just explained and excused it all away. I didn't put much stock in the  conspiracy theories of the right, but figured the Clintons certainly had some shit in their history and were playing angles. "But I didn't have sex, I only got a blowjob" The Clinton's employed that type of logic often in their political careers.

In the same vein, I do not put much stock in the leftist conspiracy theories regarding Trump. I do not trust the ultra liberal media, including NPR, and I do not trust Fox News, but I follow both of them.

As I have said before, there are too many variables and interpretations of the staggering amount of information needed to truly understand the nuances of the Presidency. I have neither time nor inclination to research all the issues. So, I focus on the one I know and use that as a template to judge issues that I don't know. I am a gun guy and have been for  a half century. I debated gun rights in college and have campaigned against additional gun laws many times. Because of this experience, it is easy for me to recognize the often veiled attempts used by the anti-gun lobby. The sheer volume of misinformation, exaggerated information, and bold face lies promulgated by the left on this issue is staggering. When I see the Democrats openly supporting, exaggerating or misrepresenting firearm statics and  engaging in rhetorical propaganda to silence opposition. I can only assume that the Democrats engage in similar behavior on other issues, where I do not have the experience required to see it.

I genuinely fear a government led by Democrats and will support anyone standing against them (war creates odd companions)

Here's what I know about trump so far and I use this to judge the things he says and does that I don't have time to fact check...

Bankruptcy and chapter 11 expert

Con man and /or fraudster. Trump University, Trump Foundation

Has been a Republican, Reform Party, Democrat and back to Republican

Un-Reality show host.

Unable to admit being wrong. Blames everyone else.

Ignores sound logical advice from experts.

Pardons convicted felon cronies.

Almost all his inner cabinet are under indictment or in jail.

Says he believes in traditional marriage but is an adulterer.

Liar.

Dismal handling of Co-Vid

Fuck it the list is endless....

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, frankendat said:

California not a failed state?!  Do you drive around your state much? I will admit there are some  excellent rural and northern communities, but the major cities (the majority) of California, is a pool of filth. California has some of the most restrictive firearm ownership policies in the nation and they have one of the highest rates of violent crime . Funny how it works out that way, over and over again. The latest tax increase is chasing business into other states. San Fransisco was much better 20 years ago, now people openly shit in the street and that is not hyperbole or rhetoric, it is fact

I remember when Clinton was in power and the right went on and on about "Who consulted who" , stories that the Clinton's engaged  in a myriad of illegal activities, including murder without consequence. Bill even lied to the Court. not misstated or didn't understand the question. He looked directly at the camera and lied. The Democrats just explained and excused it all away. I didn't put much stock in the  conspiracy theories of the right, but figured the Clintons certainly had some shit in their history and were playing angles. "But I didn't have sex, I only got a blowjob" The Clinton's employed that type of logic often in their political careers.

In the same vein, I do not put much stock in the leftist conspiracy theories regarding Trump. I do not trust the ultra liberal media, including NPR, and I do not trust Fox News, but I follow both of them.

As I have said before, there are too many variables and interpretations of the staggering amount of information needed to truly understand the nuances of the Presidency. I have neither time nor inclination to research all the issues. So, I focus on the one I know and use that as a template to judge issues that I don't know. I am a gun guy and have been for  a half century. I debated gun rights in college and have campaigned against additional gun laws many times. Because of this experience, it is easy for me to recognize the often veiled attempts used by the anti-gun lobby. The sheer volume of misinformation, exaggerated information, and bold face lies promulgated by the left on this issue is staggering. When I see the Democrats openly supporting, exaggerating or misrepresenting firearm statics and  engaging in rhetorical propaganda to silence opposition. I can only assume that the Democrats engage in similar behavior on other issues, where I do not have the experience required to see it.

I genuinely fear a government led by Democrats and will support anyone standing against them (war creates odd companions)

Yes, I have driven around California and along with being one of the strongest economies in the country (and world), it is also one of the most beautiful states. It's a great place to live, albeit a bit too expensive because a lot of people come here–myself included. I'm not a fan of San Francisco's massive wealth inequality as I already mentioned. Also, it does not work out that way with regards to violent crime rate and firearm ownership, let's look at the top 10 for violent crimes:

1. Alaska

2. New Mexico

3. Tennessee

4. Arkansas

5. Nevada

6. Louisiana

7. Alabama

8. Missouri

9. South Carolina

10. Arizona

Now, I fully admit I have no idea what their firearm laws are like, but I suspect they're not too restrictive.

4 hours ago, Mattndew76 said:

This is why Biden loses.

the left is nuts.

It's right-wing violence that's on the rise, especially the past few years.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.41.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.49.21 PM.png

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Yes, I have driven around California and along with being one of the strongest economies in the country (and world), it is also one of the most beautiful states. It's a great place to live, albeit a bit too expensive because a lot of people come here–myself included. I'm not a fan of San Francisco's massive wealth inequality as I already mentioned. Also, it does not work out that way with regards to violent crime rate and firearm ownership, let's look at the top 10 for violent crimes:

1. Alaska

2. New Mexico

3. Tennessee

4. Arkansas

5. Nevada

6. Louisiana

7. Alabama

8. Missouri

9. South Carolina

10. Arizona

Now, I fully admit I have no idea what their firearm laws are like, but I suspect they're not too restrictive.

It's right-wing violence that's on the rise, especially the past few years.

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.41.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 2.49.21 PM.png

🤣 TOTAL BULL SHIT.

You are a perfect example of an echo chamber baby. 

I have zero energy for you. amazing how 2020 has NO violence...

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Except for, unlike your link, it's based on actual data. 

From a left wing think tank?

Piss off.

I can manipulate data and make shit up too. Your data is red faced manipulated cherry picked leftist garbage. I'm not even right wing and you are posting garbage.

Edited by Mattndew76
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Mattndew76 said:

From a left wing think tank?

Piss off.

From a bipartisan think tank. I'm happy to see you prove this wrong, but otherwise I'm sorry to burst your bubble with actual data instead of mental gymnastics from some random dude on youtube. 🙂

I can manipulate data and make shit up too. Your data is red faced manipulated cherry picked leftist garbage. I'm not even right wing and you are posting garbage.

Go ahead and prove how this is inaccurate. Unlike you, I am not going to throw a fit if I'm proven wrong. I appreciate real data and not bullshit. 😉