5 hours ago, paradime said:

No doubt DF's political career is storied, and her image was well tailored by the DNC hero making machine. Make no mistake though, it was all built on her hubby's privileged position, and her deep connections to California's big money power structure. Dian was not elected mayor of SF, she was appointed to that position after Moscone's assassination. Follow the money and her path was just as corrupted by supporting and in return funded from big $ corporate interests the same as Pelosi or slick Willie Brown. Those three were responsible for selling SF into the hands of the highest bidder, and transformed it into the inflated ugly mess it is today. As mayor, Feinstein destroyed the architectural ethos, and unique soul of the city by opening the floodgates to institutional finance, and building developers. I'm all for business creation, but completely unchecked and hidden behind closed door dealings, it raped and putrefied the historical culture that made SF great. Her F'd up sellout strategy for Cali continued throughout Dians political career. and led to the state's hard swing left on social issues. In the passed 30 yrs, the courts, and political positions of both parties have changed in lock step with their corporate donors. It's the way of the beast that owns our Government.

God this country needs a T Roosevelt right now, but with that kind of iron clad integrity, the power establishment will never let that happen again. Trump was given a golden opportunity to "drain the swamp", but he fumbled that ball hard, and took the country on Mr. Toad's wild ride instead. Integrity has never been a quality Donny had to give, which led to his loss in trust from the independent, and moderate right swing vote. That played out in the mid terns, and the 2020 primary. Since then, he's done nothing but dig himself into an even deeper hole with that all important swing vote. His legacy has paralyzed the right's ability to produce any viable conservative candidate other than more of Mr. Toad's wild ride. Not withstanding state and local elections, until the party can recover it's strong moral conservative compass, it appears the writing is on the wall for how this will play out in the next federal election. Biden needs to go, but unfortunately, with Trump's MAGA rhetoric driving much of the party's conscience right now, and after watching the debates, I really don't see the path for an (R) win happening next year. With Biden, the writing is also on the wall for how this will likely play out over the next four yrs. Unless something changes dramatically in the near future, it looks like we're stuck in the express lane on the highway to hell.

Trump/MAGA/Republicans are insignificant, it matters not what they do. The election and the country have been sold. Have you read the latest immigration numbers? The democrats are pushing "free services" and those invading will vote blue to keep the gravy coming. Once government is bankrupt, the United States will fraction. I see Democratic control and meaningless suffering as the unavoidable future. I would see revolution as meaningful suffering and a "better" alternative, but my fellow Americans lack the backbone for conflict and sacrifice. Generations of anguish are necessary for freedom to again be valued and understood, as worth the price.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Laphonza Butler is the new Senator.  Never heard of her, myself.  That might be a good thing, maybe not. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

With a name like that, an open lesbian, a Hillary endorser, and Kamala Harris strategist, how could California go wrong?!?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had to go to my upholstery supply store last Friday which is in Anaheim.  It's about one block away from the Anaheim Convention Center, and I take Katella Ave which runs along the side of the Center.  The Convention Center is also next to Disneyland, and there was a whole lot of people shouting and carrying Trump banners.  I heard Trump was in town, but I had no idea The Cal Republicans were holding their convention.  All the Disneyland tourists were looking quite surprised.  I was also wondering what the hell was happening.  Lot of horn honking going on as well. 

Not an big deal, but I thought it was pretty funny I drove into all that quite by accident without having a clue about what was happening..

• Like 1
12 hours ago, frankendat said:

Trump/MAGA/Republicans are insignificant, it matters not what they do. The election and the country have been sold. Have you read the latest immigration numbers? The democrats are pushing "free services" and those invading will vote blue to keep the gravy coming. Once government is bankrupt, the United States will fraction. I see Democratic control and meaningless suffering as the unavoidable future. I would see revolution as meaningful suffering and a "better" alternative, but my fellow Americans lack the backbone for conflict and sacrifice. Generations of anguish are necessary for freedom to again be valued and understood, as worth the price.

Democracy will last until people discover that they can vote themselves money. Alex de Toqueville, French observer of early American experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The balance between serving one's self interest, and social responcibility has become FUBAR in America. The ability for self actualization is what makes this country great, but without faith in our civil unity, and the institutions meant to protect it, there is no incentive for selfless contribution to the greater good. I fear that in our I-me-my dysfunctional democratic/capitalist society, the true value of our individual and collective social responsibility is a lesson that has only been learned through the universal pain and suffering that comes from such profound imbalance. In all truth, if you think your vote is going to fix this, you're along for the ride to hell.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Duncan said:

Laphonza Butler is the new Senator.  Never heard of her, myself.  That might be a good thing, maybe not. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Who apparently lives in the state of Maryland...

• Like 2

There's something smelly here.

I think that a background check would have prevented the fiasco in parliament. However once out in the open there was tremendous backlash and heads rolled. I don't know what Felton's on about. It's not like it was acceptable, in fact the opposite.

Memorials in US to Ukraine Nazi allies in spotlight after Canada parliament furor...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/memorials-in-us-to-ukraine-nazi-allies-in-spotlight-after-canada-parliament-imbroglio/

Dodge, pary, and thrust with an insult to the group's intelligence. BTW, who's A ntony?

As for the solute to Nazis, lets not jump to conclusions based on fish oder. Could it be they were double agents for allied intel in the NSA, CIA, CSI, MI 9, Undercover Royal Mounted Police Force, or the Deep State French Resistance in Canada? We'll never know. 

1 hour ago, paradime said:

Dodge, pary, and thrust with an insult to the group's intelligence. BTW, who's A ntony?

As for the solute to Nazis, lets not jump to conclusions based on fish oder. Could it be they were double agents for allied intel in the NSA, CIA, CSI, MI 9, Undercover Royal Mounted Police Force, or the Deep State French Resistance in Canada? We'll never know. 

Yes we will, please see the two attached video's

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Mark and Tony?

There was no CIA during the war. There was the OSS.

You're right, but as far as we know most these intel agencies never existed, or did they... 

2 hours ago, Ooph! said:

Yes we will, please see the two attached video's

For you both.

Edited by paradime
6 hours ago, paradime said:

Yes we do know

Just to hammer the joke to the floor, maybe I should have used the sarcasm font to be even more obvious? Out of the "NSA, CIA, CSI, MI 9, Undercover Royal Mounted Police Force, or the Deep State French Resistance in Canada", one was a TV show, two didn't exist during WWII, and three never existed, or did they... Now, will the real government conspiracy please stand up.