1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

"Better to dare great things than side with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat"

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/18/2023 at 6:50 PM, wayno said:

This country is likely the most hated country in the world, we were given a clue over 20 years ago when people from other countries flew planes into some buildings(think about the buildings that were picked), we the people did nothing about it, we did not correct the issue, now these very people that were the cause of people from other countries flying planes into these buildings are trying to destroy this country, our Constitution does not work for them anymore, so they are trying to get rid of us and everyone else so they and their offspring can live like we do without fear of being killed because of what they did to them people all over the world.

A good example is India, Monsanto sent lawyers over there and told the farmers that did not buy their seed that they could not sell their crops because they had been fertilized by pollen from crops grown near them by farmers that bought and grown their seed, these farmers were killing themselves because they lost everything, and nothing was done about Monsanto engaged in this organized crime type of crap, who was it that talked about draining the swamp recently, this man made swamp is the problem and these people need to be Vaccinated with what they are selling at Walgreens.

Perhaps not as extreme (unless it was your farm) but I'm fairly certain Monsanto has sued neighboring farms (non Monsanto farms) for compensation if any plants are found with the Monsanto patented markers (produced from Monsanto seeds) on their farms, right here is the good old USA.

12 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Covered under freedom of expression. You would have a hard time proving ill intent. In fact an impossible time.

Once you're "under investigation" the initiating event is often discarded (especially, by those reporting). The cops, maybe because it concerns voting, the federal cops, drop by your place to "chat", while there they see "something" for probable cause and unless your different form 99% of Americans, the cops search and find violations of the law. Placement of article in next days paper will depend on the shock value of what was found. The beginning of the Stasi

• Like 1
2 hours ago, frankendat said:

Once you're "under investigation" the initiating event is often discarded (especially, by those reporting). The cops, maybe because it concerns voting, the federal cops, drop by your place to "chat", while there they see "something" for probable cause and unless your different form 99% of Americans, the cops search and find violations of the law. Placement of article in next days paper will depend on the shock value of what was found. The beginning of the Stasi

Drop by to chat? you tell them, better yet tell your lawyer to tell them, to fuck off. Search.... with a warrant I hope. Good luck getting that on nothing.

• Like 1
On 9/20/2023 at 8:27 AM, thisismatt said:

Might be a repost

119671371_10158674419475138_7910714933650925433_n.jpg

I think I heard about this at the time.  That's about 20 miles away from me.  Ingham county is around the state capitol and Michigan State, so it's lefty heaven.  The county where I live is one of the most conservative in the state.  Then there's Ann Arbor south of me which is even more liberal.

If a voter puts their ballot there, they deserve the results.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, frankendat said:

Perhaps not as extreme (unless it was your farm) but I'm fairly certain Monsanto has sued neighboring farms (non Monsanto farms) for compensation if any plants are found with the Monsanto patented markers (produced from Monsanto seeds) on their farms, right here is the good old USA.

Yes they have done the same thing here in the US also, it is organized crime any way you look at it.

• Like 2

Got banned from Facebook right after the 2020 election. Never really fought it until June of this year. Got back on very easily. Have done some trolling. Not even a warning so far. Facebook keeps suggesting right wing pages for me. Leftwing pages getting roasted by right wingers in their own comment section. Lots of pages scolding millennials for not working and not enlisting in the military. Right and left wing pages suggesting "limited conscription" may be the only way to save the military. Right and left wing pages paint Putin as Satan and demanding he be ousted. My fellow grey haired curmudgeons, be grateful the armed services have long since lost interest in our generations because the elites want a military conflict and they will make that shit happen come hell or high water. 

Edited by a.d._510_n_ok
  • Like 2

One of the several reasons for the fall of the Roman empire was the use of mercenaries. This happened in the Ukraine 'conflict' by Russia using PMCs. PMCs are motivated mostly by pay and not patriotism. If you can't generate your own recruits you're in trouble.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

Got banned from Facebook right after the 2020 election. Never really fought it until June of this year. Got back on very easily. Have done some trolling. Not even a warning so far. Facebook keeps suggesting right wing pages for me. Leftwing pages getting roasted by right wingers in their own comment section. Lots of pages scolding millennials for not working and not enlisting in the military. Right and left wing pages suggesting "limited conscription" may be the only way to save the military. Right and left wing pages paint Putin as Satan and demanding he be ousted. My fellow grey haired curmudgeons, be grateful the armed services have long since lost interest in our generations because the elites want a military conflict and they will make that shit happen come hell or high water. 

You may already think I'm just a paranoid hippie, but... for what it's worth, here's my $.02 on collection of your information and how it's used.

Learning what I know about internet privacy, I've become very protective of mine. FB is a manipulative HUGE money making political/marketing/media info gathering/propaganda spreading shit hole that SELLS your personal info on the open market to anyone who wants it. I saw this 18 years ago and shut down my account. Google, Yahoo, Amazon, social media outlets, email providers, and other web accounts do the same. After agreeing to their terms and condition to set up your account, this gives them permission to add permanent cookies, reconfigure your privacy settings to "optimize your user experience", and gain access to your GPS tracking your movement and location, contacts, and other personal information across multiple platforms, web sites, apps, and programs on your device.

When my family is talking about travel or making a big purchase, while my daughter's phone is near, I can't tell you how many times we've all gotten email ads for those products. Some ignorant sheeple see this as an acceptable matter of convenience, and enhanced buying power. In reality, this feeds the profile intel/influence and manipulation machine. It's not only creepy and dangerous, it's one of the most grotesque invasions of our privacy by technology I can imagine. One Xmass we got a Google Smart Dumb Home Speaker (note they left out the mic part) as a gift. Oh hell no! I didn't even regift or return it. I threw it in the trash before it could cause any karmic damage to the universe.

My advice, if your privacy is important to you, ALWAYS check the privacy settings on your device regularly to see who has access to your info and where. You have the ability to control these setting and/or flat out deny them permission, so why not use it. And remember, with every privacy policy update agreement, it can, and likely will reconfigure your settings. With the mindset "Oh well, I have nothing to hide", most have no idea what the potential ramifications of what they're actually exposing themselves to. Ignorance may be bliss, but here, I'd rather be burdened and a bit safer.

That said, Although possible, I've see no reliable evidence of an elitist master plan to go to war with Russia. It would make no practical sense. The US defeated and brought down the USSR without us firing a shot. We supported the Mujahideen when Russia invaded Afghanistan, and crushed their economy with sanctions. Beyond the political propaganda in ourswerling around supporting Ukraine, we're using the same game plan and it's working. Putin's strongman 20 yr dictatorship is crumbling on all fronts. Now, even China, Russia's biggest ally, doesn't support his war, and neither can Russia's economy. While Putin rattles the nuclear option sward, he and his military know the global repercussions would be suicide for them, the government, and the country.   

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I do... a bit... of trolling on Facebook. There are a bunch of tricks to make it work including having multiple accounts and how and WHERE you set them up for. GPS spoofer is your friend.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, paradime said:

That said, Although possible, I've see no reliable evidence of an elitist master plan to go to war with Russia. It would make no practical sense. The US defeated and brought down the USSR without us firing a shot. We supported the Mujahideen when Russia invaded Afghanistan, and crushed their economy with sanctions. Beyond the political propaganda in ourswerling around supporting Ukraine, we're using the same game plan and it's working. Putin's strongman 20 yr dictatorship is crumbling on all fronts. Now, even China, Russia's biggest ally, doesn't support his war, and neither can Russia's economy. While Putin rattles the nuclear option sward, he and his military know the global repercussions would be suicide for them, the government, and the country.   

War by proxy. Works for me! I said in 2014 that Putin needed a kick in the nuts but did anyone listen? Appeasement makes the appeaser look weak. Aggression must be met with overwhelming force.

Putin is mad. He certainly must have known of the corruption in Russia, how could he not? Maybe misjudged the depth? Remember in Catch 22 when Yossarian is in the shot up bomber and he opens the parachute and finds that Milo had stolen the silk to sell by his M&M enterprises and left worthless redeemable coupons in it's place? Russia is empty. So what can Putin do but send poorly armed meat waves. Worked in WW2. Life is cheap there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Putin is mad. He certainly must have known of the corruption in Russia, how could he not? Maybe misjudged the depth? Remember in Catch 22 when Yossarian is in the shot up bomber and he opens the parachute and finds that Milo had stolen the silk to sell by his M&M enterprises and left worthless redeemable coupons in it's place? Russia is empty. So what can Putin do but send poorly armed meat waves. Worked in WW2. Life is cheap there.

Your Catch 22 analogy of Russian corruption is both hilarious and perfect. In ww2 though, Russia was invaded by Adolf Von Twat Mustache Hitler. Stalin had no trouble supplying meat waves on the Russian front because they were motivated by love of country, and fear of Stalin. Hitler's arrogant miscalculation there cost him 4.4 mil of his well armed and highly trained Nazi/axis troops, compared to 6.5 mil of Stalin's poorly armed and trained Ruskies. Although the invasion was a successful surprise initially, Stalin knew he had the impenetrable Russian forcefield of population, and their most effective weapon called winter. Because of his ignorance of Russian tenacity and climate, what General Günther von Kluge didn't know was that he would lose almost 2/3s of his Nazis to starvation, sickness, and freezing to death than in actual combat. Arrogance and ignorance proved to be a costly combination that led to their downfall. Such is the glorious beginning, followed by the ghastly discoveries and shame ridden end of totalitarian fascism. Never again? Only time will tell.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1

A friend drove me almost a hundred miles into Toronto to see it when it came out. At 20 I had no worldly experience and found it profound and disturbing... and funny. I tried the novel much later but found it a terrible plodding mess. After 1/3 of the way in I gave up the cause as a waste of my time.  

• Like 2
On 9/22/2023 at 7:04 PM, datzenmike said:

War by proxy. Works for me! I said in 2014 that Putin needed a kick in the nuts but did anyone listen? Appeasement makes the appeaser look weak. Aggression must be met with overwhelming force.

The USA lacks the will and fortitude to enact sufficient "overwhelming force". The only country that America engages with violent extreme rhetoric is itself. We let underfunded under equipped desert losers kick our ass and kill our citizens. There should have been a massive pool of pigs blood where the bodies of killed were thrown. If a sniper shot at our troops, then the area from where the shot originated should have been surrounded. Bullhorns/Megaphones whatever should have been employed with the message, that either the shooter is identified and located and/or brought or the surrounded area will be leveled-all buildings, all trees, everything gone. 

"Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us." (A. Now)

Why must we learn the same lessons over and over again

On 9/22/2023 at 3:14 PM, paradime said:

You may already think I'm just a paranoid hippie, but... for what it's worth, here's my $.02 on collection of your information and how it's used.

Learning what I know about internet privacy, I've become very protective of mine. FB is a manipulative HUGE money making political/marketing/media info gathering/propaganda spreading shit hole that SELLS your personal info on the open market to anyone who wants it. I saw this 18 years ago and shut down my account. Google, Yahoo, Amazon, social media outlets, email providers, and other web accounts do the same. After agreeing to their terms and condition to set up your account, this gives them permission to add permanent cookies, reconfigure your privacy settings to "optimize your user experience", and gain access to your GPS tracking your movement and location, contacts, and other personal information across multiple platforms, web sites, apps, and programs on your device.

When my family is talking about travel or making a big purchase, while my daughter's phone is near, I can't tell you how many times we've all gotten email ads for those products. Some ignorant sheeple see this as an acceptable matter of convenience, and enhanced buying power. In reality, this feeds the profile intel/influence and manipulation machine. It's not only creepy and dangerous, it's one of the most grotesque invasions of our privacy by technology I can imagine. One Xmass we got a Google Smart Dumb Home Speaker (note they left out the mic part) as a gift. Oh hell no! I didn't even regift or return it. I threw it in the trash before it could cause any karmic damage to the universe.

My advice, if your privacy is important to you, ALWAYS check the privacy settings on your device regularly to see who has access to your info and where. You have the ability to control these setting and/or flat out deny them permission, so why not use it. And remember, with every privacy policy update agreement, it can, and likely will reconfigure your settings. With the mindset "Oh well, I have nothing to hide", most have no idea what the potential ramifications of what they're actually exposing themselves to. Ignorance may be bliss, but here, I'd rather be burdened and a bit safer.

On privacy and lack thereof to a frightening degree, I agree with everything you said, but have found it almost impossible to put into practice, as of late. Companies are becoming indignant with privacy protection. Many services are very clear how they are going to fuck your information and the price of non compliance is inability to use the service. The answer is don't use the service, but at this point that means taking the time and learning a new operating system (and hope the new independent system doesn't go out of business of become "acquired"). My only solace is that I still refuse tracking/cookies most of the time, I do not save passwords or personal info and sometimes employ a VPN or proxy server. Which means, most average 9th graders could hack my shit, but it might take half an hour to get my little, where there are faster and easier opportunities for more. Like surviving a bear attack, you don't need to be faster than the bear, only faster than the guy running next to you. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, frankendat said:

The USA lacks the will and fortitude to enact sufficient "overwhelming force". The only country that America engages with violent extreme rhetoric is itself. We let underfunded under equipped desert losers kick our ass and kill our citizens. There should have been a massive pool of pigs blood where the bodies of killed were thrown. If a sniper shot at our troops, then the area from where the shot originated should have been surrounded. Bullhorns/Megaphones whatever should have been employed with the message, that either the shooter is identified and located and/or brought or the surrounded area will be leveled-all buildings, all trees, everything gone. 

"Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us." (A. Now)

Sounds like you approve of the Israeli tactic of destroying anything related to Arab attacks.  It doesn't work, only increases the number of pissed off civilians.

11 hours ago, frankendat said:

My hilarious and fun loving uncle was a Green Beret in that war, and afterwards, he was never the same. In the basic terms of amoral aggression to win a war, in many cases, Colonel Kurtz's powerful  perspective was employed by the US military commanders in Vietnam. This ethos of aggression led to horrific collateral damage to civilians, and drove many peaceful Vietnamese people into the hands of the VC and fed the anti war movement at home. Some would argue, this played a pivotal roll in us losing that war. The ugliest part of human nature comes out when such an amoral perspective is put into the hand of the common soldier. After losing that war, and the effects of abu ghraib, our military learned how morality can negatively effect the outcome of a war. Quite possibly, we have weakened our ability to wage war, but in striking that balance between aggression and morality, that balance is instrumental in winning. 

On 9/22/2023 at 6:40 AM, a.d._510_n_ok said:

I joined Facebook only because of a fishing tackle group i was invited into.I looked around a little bit at the political garbage being spewed by the liberal nuts.I made a few comments.Nothing radical but just a little common sense replies to some of the stupid shit those people believe.Talk about triggering some mentally ill people.They got nasty with me over a few simple words.I banned myself from ever reading that shit again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1