INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

4 hours ago, tr8er said:

I'd say closer to 20% of my friends cut cable last year and are watching NFL at friends houses instead.   No less interest, they just realized it was the only reason they paid a cable bill and that's too much money.  

But I really could care less if Football eats a dick and looses its place as the US time waster premier.  Maybe folks will start playing sports instead.  

Yea,but did eat Papa John's pizza while watching it?

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I stopped watching TV about 5 years ago in August. (maybe 6, I lost track) Fuck it entirely in the ass. Hard. Christ the shit that's on there? Should have done it sooner.

I have "free to air" aka non cable TV here but only watch very select stuff on it cause as mentioned the shit they play is really SHIT.

4 hours ago, tr8er said:

Haven't paid for cable since 99.  But I barely watched it then.  I spend plenty of time in front of a screen with computers.  

Same,had cable in 2001 and that is the last time had it. 

18 hours ago, 125 CSL said:

It would be very tedious to post up all the info showing this is wrong. You have your own little world Para enjoy California before it burns to a crisp.

Damn! Neither of us are media oracles CSL, so proving anything right or wrong is an exercise in stupidity. I read the theoretical article you posted and shared a different theory. It's just another way of viewing this corporate marketing SJW media gaming BS. So why resort mocking California's fires? I'm not attacking you, so chill out.

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're the fucking operator, aren't you? It's up to you to have the last say when auto corrected and before hitting the Submit Reply button. Operator fail.

Your phone also listens to everything said and records your movements. Pull the battery or put in a Faraday bag. A good one not the cheap shit out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, paradime said:

Damn! Neither of us are media oracles CSL, so proving anything right or wrong is an exercise in stupidity. I read the theoretical article you posted and shared a different theory. It's just another way of viewing this corporate marketing SJW media gaming BS. So why resort mocking California's fires? I'm not attacking you, so chill out.

Bravo Para Bravo, little did anyone know you were going to give us a trip down memory lane when 'Cuz was up and running with all of your greatest hits. I still don't think it will change Mike's mind on the issue.

• Like 1

If they really gave a real flying fuck,,,, how come they don't build any shoe factories in the poor inner cities where jobs are so desperately needed?? Cheap land,, Cheap labor,, helping minorities ,,,, right? 

Instead of burning fucking shoes,,, start yelling that at the Good morning america down on the street walk around every morning till Micheal Strahan and Robin Roberts have to ask why themselves. 

Poss55L.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

If they really gave a real flying fuck,,,, how come they don't build any shoe factories in the poor inner cities where jobs are so desperately needed?? Cheap land,, Cheap labor,, helping minorities ,,,, right? 

Instead of burning fucking shoes,,, start yelling that at the Good morning america down on the street walk around every morning till Micheal Strahan and Robin Roberts have to ask why themselves. 

Poss55L.jpg

Yes please.  And sell em for twice as much.  And make them to last!   

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

ML8ObPT.jpg

Totally Agree MUTHAFUKILY

Last I checked though, multinational corporations making $34Billion in annual sales don't actually give "real" flying fucks. Only calculated PR fucks like running the Kaepernick ad. 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2

Had a couple of pairs of Nikes over the years but cannot say they are better or worse than Adidas and the other name brand shoes.

Sadly they are all made in sweat shops like most anything us "Westerners" wear and if it was to be made in our own respective countries it'd cost MANY times what they are sold for now cause developed nation wages would have to be paid.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

Poss55L.jpg

Follow the money. Everything is money, everything. It's what keeps the world turning. A piece of rubber and plastic covering my feet for what I paid for my first car??? Go fuck yourself. In the early '70,s I bought a pair of North Stars. They were leather and rubber sole and lasted 2 years. So I bought another pair. They wore out in under a year and were vinyl? Naugahyde? something NOT leather. They devolved into cheapness and disappeared from the market. 

For the record inner city workers wouldn't work for $0.89 an hour when they get paid to stay home.

• Like 1

With the right marketing, you can get the public to perceive value where it doesn't exist. Pet Rocks for instance. 

A retail company the size of Nike spends upwards of 9.7% of it's revenue on advertising and marketing. That's how companies like Apple and Nike convince the world their products are worth 50 X what it cost them to make, and that if they don't have the newest one, well you won't fit in and will be incapable of "truly" reaching happiness. Insert carrot and treadmill and you have the engine of the global economy.

in 2018 Nike will spend $3,570,000,000.00 crafting their image, and manipulating humanities perceptions. And trust, they spend plenty of that on ad marketing research; everything from focus groups to psychological research on how their demographic views the world and their place in it.

As fucked up and manipulative as it was, buying Kaepernicks story (what the industry calls an "endorsement deal") Nike convinced many that the corporation is on their side. It plays into their deep seated fears and feelings of defiance on many levels. Now, multiply that a thousand fold with other multinational corporations playing the same fishing game. Clorox corp portrays the wife as the domestic queen and the husband as the doddering fool. Anything male related, the man is king, and the woman plays the fool. We are trained not to pay attention to these messages, it's just part of the background of modern existence.

Is that evil, or is it just the way capitalism works? 

• Like 1