INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While on the topic,

https://nypost.com/2018/09/07/nfl-season-opener-records-lowest-ratings-in-a-decade/

Ratings for the NFL’s season opener on Thursday night fell 8 percent from last year’s opener — to their lowest level in a decade

Down 8% from lasts years dismal numbers my not sound like much, but advertisers are looking at the returns and starting to back away and that is where the money comes from. This year I might watch a game, If I totally have nothing better to do. I can tell you the moment I see some SJW bs I am changing the channel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/nike-should-leave-the-politics-to-the-politicians/2018/09/07/2cfa0c44-b2be-11e8-a20b-5f4f84429666_story.html?utm_term=.3b3a006e4810

Nike bet that politics would sell. Looks like it was wrong.

Edited by 125 CSL
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, 125 CSL said:

While on the topic,

https://nypost.com/2018/09/07/nfl-season-opener-records-lowest-ratings-in-a-decade/

Ratings for the NFL’s season opener on Thursday night fell 8 percent from last year’s opener — to their lowest level in a decade

Down 8% from lasts years dismal numbers my not sound like much, but advertisers are looking at the returns and starting to back away and that is where the money comes from. This year I might watch a game, If I totally have nothing better to do. I can tell you the moment I see some SJW bs I am changing the channel.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/nike-should-leave-the-politics-to-the-politicians/2018/09/07/2cfa0c44-b2be-11e8-a20b-5f4f84429666_story.html?utm_term=.3b3a006e4810

Nike bet that politics would sell. Looks like it was wrong.

If the intent was to draw attention to an issue and gain free publicity, this is a massive success. The financial sacrifice has been minimal. Tue, Nike's stock dropped from $82 to $79 a share, Fri it was back above $81.

Connecting the NFL's decline in ratings to Kaepernick may fit a theoretical viewpoint, but there are many long term trends that show a more accurate picture of what's been going on for a long time. Don't forget that ratings are based on monitored viewing. Over all, live broadcast and cable viewership has been declining since 2009 while people have been switching over to streaming media and un-trackable internet based TV connections. In 2014 broadband viewership overtook traditional TV. 

"Football’s rise to cultural dominance mirrored the ascent of pay TV as the single best business model in American entertainment history. Today, both industries are falling back to earth together."

Why NFL Ratings Are Plummeting: A Two-Part Theory

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2018/02/super-bowl-nfl-ratings-decline/551861/

I'd say closer to 20% of my friends cut cable last year and are watching NFL at friends houses instead.   No less interest, they just realized it was the only reason they paid a cable bill and that's too much money.  

But I really could care less if Football eats a dick and looses its place as the US time waster premier.  Maybe folks will start playing sports instead.  

Finally got home, that Delta fire in Cali has caused a cluster fuck of traffic, took several of our trucks up to 8 hours to navigate the detour, since I had time to burn I decided to wait til this morning to tackle it, I figured being weekend and the mass of the traffic already gone, it wouldn't be too bad, took me an additional 2:20 to get home, but hey I'll take 2 hours vs 8 extra driving time plus the aggravating Californian drivers that have 0 patience and won't yield even if their lives depended on it....

• Like 2
3 hours ago, paradime said:

If the intent was to draw attention to an issue and gain free publicity, this is a massive success. The financial sacrifice has been minimal. Tue, Nike's stock dropped from $82 to $79 a share, Fri it was back above $81.

Connecting the NFL's decline in ratings to Kaepernick may fit a theoretical viewpoint, but there are many long term trends that show a more accurate picture of what's been going on for a long time. Don't forget that ratings are based on monitored viewing. Over all, live broadcast and cable viewership has been declining since 2009 while people have been switching over to streaming media and un-trackable internet based TV connections. In 2014 broadband viewership overtook traditional TV. 

"Football’s rise to cultural dominance mirrored the ascent of pay TV as the single best business model in American entertainment history. Today, both industries are falling back to earth together."

Why NFL Ratings Are Plummeting: A Two-Part Theory

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2018/02/super-bowl-nfl-ratings-decline/551861/

It would be very tedious to post up all the info showing this is wrong. You have your own little world Para enjoy California before it burns to a crisp.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, KoHeartsGPA said:

Finally got home, that Delta fire in Cali has caused a cluster fuck of traffic, took several of our trucks up to 8 hours to navigate the detour, since I had time to burn I decided to wait til this morning to tackle it, I figured being weekend and the mass of the traffic already gone, it wouldn't be too bad, took me an additional 2:20 to get home, but hey I'll take 2 hours vs 8 extra driving time plus the aggravating Californian drivers that have 0 patience and won't yield even if their lives depended on it....

That really hurts me to see that.It was one of the most scenic stretches of

road on I5. 

• Like 1