INSMNCS: will the real insomniacs please stand up?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, VFR800 said:

O2D5Cj4.jpg

Suckling a cows udder is not natural for Humans.  Sorry.  Eating Almonds though, fits right into his plan.  

Almond milk is not satisfying, but it's way less divergent.  Again, cloven hoofed animals...

note:. Not a vegetarian.  I eat it all.  I just understand that vegetarians are solid in their diets, and the bible is pretty clear.  

Edited by tr8er
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, tr8er said:

Suckling a cows udder is not natural for Humans.  Sorry.  Eating Almonds though, fits right into his plan.  

Almond milk is not satisfying, but it's way less divergent.  Again, cloven hoofed animals...

note:. Not a vegetarian.  I eat it all.  I just understand that vegetarians are solid in their diets, and the bible is pretty clear.  

One of the advantages of being a mammal is being able to breast feed our young, so sucking on a teat (any teat) is much more natural that sucking on a nut. (any nut) We are closer to all other mammals than any plant.

I was brought up without the cult of religion's fairy stories. 

• Like 1

Infidel!

Once I was weaned, I was brought up to include vegetables, fruits, grains, and yes, even nuts in my diet. That's the advantage of being a human, it's natural to have a divers diet. Humans can also come up with great alternatives for milk if we're lactose intolerant. 

A pig is a mammal, so you think it's natural to suck on a sows teat... Pass the beer nuts, this is going to be good.

• Like 1

Almond "Milk" isn't anything but a dumb name for almond juice.  No one feeds their infant Almond Milk as a replacement for breastmilk.  Right?  Aside from that, I feel consuming Almonds is quite natural.  What's not seen anywhere else in Mammals is drinking breast milk after weening.  It's nutritionally geared toward infants nutritional needs.  Specifically the species it comes from.   If you were taught "Milk builds strong bones", you were marketed and lied to.  It actually leads to lower bone density and deteriorates teeth. I'd imagine it was utilized to prevent starvation by some ancient civilization who needed their livestock to reproduce before they could afford to eat them.  The fat would have been priceless and worth the I'll health effects.   Also, it's sweet, so they likely never gave it up once realized.  The guy who tried to preserve it with citrus discovering cheese is my favorite guy.  But arguably caused the North American beach ball figure.

• Like 1

This little old lady goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor I have this problem with passing gas, but it really doesn’t bother me too much.

It never smells and it’s always silent.

As a matter of fact I’ve passed gas at least 20 times since I’ve been here in your office.

You didn’t know I was passing gas because it doesn’t smell and it’s silent."

The doctor says "I see. Take these pills and come back to see me next week."

The next week the lady goes back. "Doctor," she says, "I don’t know what you gave me, but now my passing gas… although still silent, it stinks terribly."

"Good", the doctor said, "now that we’ve cleared up your sinuses, we’ll start to work on your hearing."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, paradime said:

Infidel!

Once I was weaned, I was brought up to include vegetables, fruits, grains, and yes, even nuts in my diet. That's the advantage of being a human, it's natural to have a divers diet. Humans can also come up with great alternatives for milk if we're lactose intolerant. 

A pig is a mammal, so you think it's natural to suck on a sows teat... Pass the beer nuts, this is going to be good.

Infidel? Yes, thank you.

I did say the young. The young can't eat anything they have to be fed breast milk. (or a mammal milk alternative like goat or cow) Some mammal milk is similar some too nutritious. Pigs? I don't know but if your newborn was starving it wouldn't hurt to use pigs, or any other mammal's milk. Almond milk is not milk.

Yes, when weaned we are omnivores and can eat almost anything even beer nuts.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Infidel? Yes, thank you.

I did say the young. The young can't eat anything they have to be fed breast milk. (or a mammal milk alternative like goat or cow) Some mammal milk is similar some too nutritious. Pigs? I don't know but if your newborn was starving it wouldn't hurt to use pigs, or any other mammal's milk. Almond milk is not milk.

Yes, when weaned we are omnivores and can eat almost anything even beer nuts.

Yes Mike, somehow you jumped from "they are making milk from almonds", to "you can't replacing breast milk with almonds". You back that up with it's much more natural to have an infant suck on a pigs teat than to feed it formula. Must be another one of those comforting British tradition.

So is almond milk not milk because almonds aren't mammals, or because they don't have teats?

St. Peter sees a young man in heaven moping around and kicking clouds. He walks up and asks why he's so upset, and the lad says, "I was working my tail off to become a professional QB in the NFL and I got hit by a bus while working out. I'll never get to realize my dream." St Peter says "Oh Come On, You can play ball up here son. We have all the greats, Jim Thorp, the Galloping Ghost, and Paddy Driscoll. They're all up on cloud 9 playing right now." The young man and St peter float on up to 9 and there's a gleaming white stadium filled with cheering angels and two teams lined up on the field. The kid leans over to Pete and says "I don't get it, all the players are dressed in white except the one guy in red?" St Peter shushes him and says "Quiet! That's God.... He thinks he's Joe Montana."

Edited by paradime
  • Like 1