Canby 2019 can't wait

Ranman72

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I WILL be there this year. If my car breaks down on the drive I'll tow the fucking thing the rest of the way ?

I purposely set the end date for Lemay so I can have the car end of March, that way I can redo the engine mounts and fix some items way before Canby!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This is from DatsunsNW facebook page. 

For the past 13 years Datsuns Northwest and crew have enjoyed a great time putting on many Datsun events like BBQ's, cruises, parties and of course, Canby, our 3 day campout car show.

Canby has been a unique car experience to the Northwest Datsun community, with many great friends and memories made throughout the years.
That being said, it is with great displeasure that we have to announce, Datsuns Northwest has closed it's doors. We are packing it in. Canby will be no more.

Dave and Julie did a great job running the show for the first ten years, then Steven took the reins for the last three years and had great success bringing Datsun racing icons, John Morton and Peter Brock to our show. These last three years were some of the best yet. Thanks to Steven's leadership, we can be proud to say, Datsuns Northwest, and the Canby show is leaving on a very high note.

Datsuns Northwest will be donating all of our leftover funds, shirts, sweat shirts and any other supplies to the people of Paradise, California to help them after their tragic 2018 wildfires.

Thank you to all the Datsuns Northwest members and volunteers that helped keep us going for 13 years. Thank you to all the hard core Datsun owners, from all over the world, for supporting us and the Canby show all these years!

Make sure to check our website occasionally, as we will be continuing to do cruises and get togethers in this coming year.

?

• Sad 4
30 minutes ago, ]2eDeYe said:

This is from DatsunsNW facebook page. 

?

i spoke with Steve a couple months ago in pm and he was trying to find someone to replace him 

but he wanted to be the one to announce the new guy or the closure of DNW

so it is now official and SAD 

It was the fairgrounds that changed. The club was charged $2500 in back fees for when Dave was Pres and didn't pay for the camping portion of the show. Overall costs for reservations of the fairgrounds went up 20%. ...among many of other contributing factors. 

We're all pretty bummed, it was an event I looked forward to every year.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, nickelpistol said:

It was the fairgrounds that changed. The club was charged $2500 in back fees for when Dave was Pres and didn't pay for the camping portion of the show. Overall costs for reservations of the fairgrounds went up 20%. ...among many of other contributing factors. 

I heard Dave's wife worked for or had something to do with the fairgrounds and got a discount price for the Canby event. Can't see how you would be charged for something 3-4 years ago. That special price wouldn't apply for the last 3-4 years.

11 minutes ago, Rick-rat said:

Williams, Arizona good show lots of Datsuns, and other JDM vehicles

Another option is Blue Lake Show, just East of Portland in August

Arizona's a bit far.

How long is Blue Lake? the weekend? one day?

5 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I heard Dave's wife worked for or had something to do with the fairgrounds and got a discount price for the Canby event. Can't see how you would be charged for something 3-4 years ago. That special price wouldn't apply for the last 3-4 years.

Yeah, they held it over our heads. If it wasn't paid we wouldn't be able to rent the space again. We lost our storage for all the club stuff too, another freebie when Dave was Pres.

• Sad 1
29 minutes ago, nickelpistol said:

This, you cannot put this all on Steve, that's just irresponsible.