Canby 2019 can't wait

Ranman72

Great job? Well, not from my driver's seat. Last year he turned me away at the door, wouldn't take my money for camping. (I sleep/camp in my wagon, so I saved $50 but it could have gone toward the event.) Been nothing but supportive of the Canby event, promoted it, looked forward to it all year long, drive 650 miles for the last 8 or so years to attend. Steve Pepka was all butthurt about comments I made about previous years price increases and how fees are arranged. If money is tight and fairground fees are rising, turning away people and money at the gate seems counter productive to me.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:24 AM, datzenmike said:

That's where I had to park my Datsun last year. I was told that if I wanted to camp in my wagon on fairground property I would have to park outside and walk in. But if I was driving anything else it would be ok. How misguided and  fucked is that ???? I was more than willing, and tried to pay the $25 a night and $3 a day 'walk in' fee but Steve would have nothing of it. He said he wasn't going to make any exceptions to the rules for me??? What rules? I only wanted him to stick to the pricing list that he had posted. Apparently to be allowed to camp, a Datsun owner is obligated to enter their car in the show but it doesn't say that in the 'rules'. So fuck you Steve, instead of $56 paid into the Canby event you got $6. In the 9 years of coming almost 700 miles to Canby, have I never seen such management bullshit. If the show isn't at Canby this year, or there isn't a show, I can totally understand why now. 

If Canby has been driven into the ground, I lay the blame almost entirely at his door step.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely sad to think it might end for good or have a year skipped and start back up the next, who knows only the guys running the show know or other Datsun car clubs might step in.  Canby is like my Datsun drug fix without it I start to get itchy and I blame the itchy part on James.

In all seriousness there are many other places to keep the show going some way somehow.  The thing is canby fairgrounds were perfect location, but we only say that because that's where we been going for so long.  I know Shasta Roadster Meets started back up and they have been doing it for almost as long as blue lake.  They have accepted other datsun models in their show, I'm not much of a fan of the location myself.  

Maybe we can put differences aside like grudges and anger towards other Datsun groups and clubs and work together and help make canby happen again.  I've driven on both ends of the shows from Canby shows to Datslocos shows both are much different but fun and still love Canby a lot more.

Regardless of it all we all need Canby someway or another.

• Like 1

The price it takes to put on the shows sometimes is such a pain in the ass,  hate when the places should be loyal to you for having the event there EVERY DAMN YEAR,  and instead raise prices and offer nothing extra.  Think they would like making money?   But it is all about greed.   Frankly im happy we have hit 35 years with blue lake.  If we hit 40 ill be even happier.  After that im not to sure at this point,  every year we have less people register cars, and when people dont register it means we dont make money to pay for next years event.   The raffle pays for the raffle and food,  not for the event itself. 

• Like 1

I won't register my 510 because there are 30 other 510s with 30 times the cash dumped into them. I know you guys mix it up with the award categories, which is great. I just don't care about awards at all. Put a donation bucket next to the registration table and you might make a few more bucks for doing nothing at all. You guys do a great job though. Blue lake is a great event!

Regarding canby, I'll wait for an official update from Steve. <insert skeleton pic>

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well i will say i went the last 2 years in a row and a great time. You hippies are great people, and i had a lot of fun despite last years rain/hail. lol  

Just like the so called JCCS show people are always complaining about something money, place, people, etc. Why cant people just go to have fun and show what they got no matter how much money you have or don't have in your ride. Places food shirts stickers porta podies all cost money.  

I always thought about doing a southern California show by my house at Prado Park. look it up. The VW bus guys do it every year as a camp out and then they drive from all over the country from there to lake Havasu to London Bridge. Just cant seem to find the time. But always thought it would be great. No rain just fires.lol I know bad joke. 

• Like 5
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, mrbigtanker said:

Just like the so called JCCS show people are always complaining about something money, place, people, etc. Why cant people just go to have fun and show what they got no matter how much money you have or don't have in your ride. Places food shirts stickers porta podies all cost money.  

I've been attending car shows since the early 70's.

Considering the mass attendance of people who showed up

And  the mega line of never-ending people waiting to get into JCCS

The expensive entry fee

And additional $10 parking fee for spectators, plus an hour and a half drive from SD. It was expensive to attend as a spectator and they only had 4- 6 Datsun trucks???

Ya just had to get me started on the JCCS event in the blazing So-Cal heat with only Port-o-potties and 4 sinks for all those people. eh? 

All four 4 pump station sinks ran out of water 9:15 AM and the event ran till 1:00 or later.

With the amount of sweaty people attending they had plenty of money, and there was a constant line to use the port-o-potties

Plus all the food trucks, they way underestimated the health concern. The LA and SD homelss are better supplied.

It was a giant sweaty petri-dish.

Canby is a far healthier envent.

Then, there is the odd grouping of judging catagories. What's a few more plaques cost?

I wasted more time driving up and back, waiting in line for port-o-potties, getting food, and waiting to get out of the parking lot, than I did at the event. I'd never pay more time yet to  show my truck, and pay more $ yet? No way.

It's the first time I've attended JCCS and the certainly the last. And it wasn't just over $. The organizing certainly needs more work.  

59 minutes ago, Seeker > 620 KC said:

I've been attending car shows since the early 70's.

Considering the mass attendance of people who showed up

And  the mega line of never-ending people waiting to get into JCCS

The expensive entry fee

And additional $10 parking fee for spectators, plus an hour and a half drive from SD. It was expensive to attend as a spectator and they only had 4- 6 Datsun trucks???

Ya just had to get me started on the JCCS event in the blazing So-Cal heat with only Port-o-potties and 4 sinks for all those people. eh? 

All four 4 pump station sinks ran out of water 9:15 AM and the event ran till 1:00 or later.

With the amount of sweaty people attending they had plenty of money, and there was a constant line to use the port-o-potties

Plus all the food trucks, they way underestimated the health concern. The LA and SD homelss are better supplied.

It was a giant sweaty petri-dish.

Canby is a far healthier envent.

Then, there is the odd grouping of judging catagories. What's a few more plaques cost?

I wasted more time driving up and back, waiting in line for port-o-potties, getting food, and waiting to get out of the parking lot, than I did at the event. I'd never pay more time yet to  show my truck, and pay more $ yet? No way.

It's the first time I've attended JCCS and the certainly the last. And it wasn't just over $. The organizing certainly needs more work.  

Well that's your opinion, the judging has always been a complaint, but again its to go check out the cars that's all. For the people that complain all there time maybe sell your cars and play with LEGO or feed the birds. Nothing is perfect and neither is Canby, I think its expensive to camp myself but I don't complain just pay and have fun. And its 1000 miles for me as well. I also have good friends up there that I never see and they make the trip worth all the while.  Thats you Jrock.kiss kiss and bustanut to name a few. 

And remember one thing and I'm. not comparing because its 2 different shows but in the 6 hours of the show they have thousands of people go through the place. Also there was toilets on each side of the show, you just probably did not see them along with all the restraints at the Pike to choose from.

“the judging has always been a complaint,” Then why haven’t they fixed it by now? 

“but again its to go check out the cars that's all.” Then why have judging at all???  Why not have have no judging like like ER? It’s not that hard to fix. why not Fix it or eliminate it?  Why continue frustrating those who show cars?

“just pay and have fun.”  We aren’t all young and single, and don’t all have high-paying specialty jobs like you who can just throw money at our projects. If people are taken advantage of, or not treated equally at the Canby gate, we speak up and voice our concerns for others to be aware of, and hope organizers hear and fix EM. We  don’t all have the money or desire to “just pay” and take the abuse, and come back for more.Just like any market place...we have legitimate concerns and will take actions to our own comfort level. Some will participate less and buy less, some offer feedback, and some quit coming. Just like when parts prices max out, the demand from buyers quickly falls. 

“Also there was toilets on each side of the show, you just probably did not see them along with all the restraints at the Pike to choose from.” You shouldn’t assume attendees are all unobservant complaining looks-loos. I work for a different so-Cal city who hosts many big public events, and whom works hard to have attendees return and spread the word about the events to others. At JCCS I was on meds that required using the bathroom 4-5 times unexpectedly. While urgently standing in line for port-o potty lines and with no sinks to wash after, I saw kids, 2 pregnant women, and a family with special needs kids who also couldn’t wash up. 

While walking  the entire JCCS perimeter I was motivated to note exactly where all the “heads” and sinks locations were. Only two, with long lines. What restrooms were the food truck employees using, and where were they washing? Should we tell the pregnant mothers to hike out to the restraints to pee, and then stand in line to re-enter? I’d bet City of Long Beach and event organizers didn’t know a real number of attendees, or the city would have required more potties and sinks! 

i’m still surprised by event’s organizers, volunteers, and attendees who don’t take complaints as valuable feedback in order to learn and improve their event further. Especially when it is about public safety. They don’t say “sorry you had a bad experience,” don’t say “thanks for the feedback,” or “we’ll run it up the chain of command, and try to do better next time.  Why not ask their thousands of attendees for feedback to fix current probs? Why not  ask them for improvement ideas that could be easy impimented or affordable? Ideas that could make their event better! I assume everyone  wants the event to successfully continue? Maybe a Paper survey near the exit gate? Email an anonymous survey?  Website survey? (Survey monkey?) 

I’m always stunned  when organizers, volunteers, or other attendees Say things like  “ maybe sell your cars and play with LEGO or feed the birds,” basically telling their customers to “F-off. It’s a clear indicator of how much they only care about their needs, their priorities, and the event not changing. Perhaps they only care that they might get in free for helping for an hour or two  and get to hang out with their friends. i’d guess they don’t have to pay to show, pay to park, and have very little skin in the game? They may not care about their customer’s needs and interests, nor   for easier event facilitation, nor a better show. These statements do however show their lack of innovation, communication, and maturity level.

Sorry for the long response. I’ve offering negative feedback for a better event and it was ignored here. I just don’t like being insulted and generalized as a constant or unjustified complainer. Luckily, for next year’s JCCS event...  I sat near IE event host Robert. He heard my complaint and volunteered to take the port-0-Potty/sink issue to the  next JCCS committee. Nice job Robert. Here’s  more positive suggestions: 

Suggestion: More port-o-potties. More sinks or at least a way to refill them. Plastic 55 gallon water barrel’s in a truck parked close by with gravity fed spout and hose? Hourly sink checks. Anybody could refill them once the truck is parked nearby. 

Suggestion: Have 2-3 entry gates. Open or close them depending on demand. Empty registers regularly, make bank local deposits to avoid theft rip/offs

Suggestion to beat the heat vs. standing in line at a food truck for liquids: : Why not approach a bottled water company and see if they’d donate bottled water to give away if you advertise for them? If not ask for a big discounted  purchase price if you advertise their name. Maybe stack cases of water bottles in a Datsun/Nissan flatbed trucking park it just inside the gate. Hang Pureflow or Arrowhead banners on all sides of and have volunteers hand em out. If not maybe these water companies have trucks have staff and vehicles to promote at events for no cost?  Walmart sells cases of water for $4. maybe the Long Beach Walmart mgr would donate cases? maybe all the suppliers would? maybe one would supply free water if they were the exclusive supplier to the show? 

More identified cool zones. Have guys showing cars to bring easy-ups. Group them in specific areas of the event. identify them as  temporary cool-off spots. hand out water. Require vendors to supply X cases of water, or hand out water donated water. Or made a condition of vending be to  supply extra easy-ups near their stands for a cool zone. 

Good luck. Hope it improves,  learns from other event’s histories, and survives over time.

Bigger is not better unless it is manageable. Otherwise it flames out like  Cal-Jam. 

Edited by Seeker > 620 KC
  • Like 1

I detest crowds and I would leave before I would stand in a line longer than 3-5 people. The Canby toilets are pleantyfull though the water ran out in the wash up area just outside this year. Sunday there is no maintenance for them, something to think about. If you're smart camping you carry your own TP. Fuck that 0.0001mm tissue crap. Never had to line up for the toilet in 8 years there. Two in the back, I think one in the front of the grandstand, the main entrance and there's always the horse barn.

The competition for awards is only really important to those in the show. Must be a bitch to guess how many are going and figure out what ones to make and why pre registration is important. I can see showing up with a 1200 and there isn't enough to make a prize worth the bother so you get lumped in with the S110s and an F10 under 'other'. Same LS swapped Zs, RB swapped Roadsters, 510s and trucks who can afford to win. I get all the time I need to look the cars over, don't need to follow the awards show.

What about a large plaque and winners are announced and get their name engraved on it? Lots of room for every possible class even if only one shows up. Keep adding to it every year... win, and you are there forever. Got to be cheaper than all the trophies, stickers, and stuff.  

• Like 1

I cannot comment on the Canby show, because I have never attended. It has been a goal to go for years, so I hope the show continues in some form.

JCCS: I first attended three years ago largely based on BigTanker's posts. He made it seem like an inviting event and it is only 206 miles from Visalia.

This is a great show. I attended twice at the Queen Mary site and then at this year's new venue.

New Site: It was hot as hell, so I felt just like I was home in Visalia.... except I could see the ocean;)

Ray and others who are close to JCCS organizers ... some positive criticism on a great event:

1)  Please have more bottled water. Seeker is correct, all vendors were out of water by 10am.

2)  Porta potties are not what most people  want to spend there money on, but when ya gotta go;)

3)  I don't care about the Anderson windows folks. I have organized several large events - including one with a crowd of 30,000 and one with a crowd of 40,000. You have it have a certain amount of cashflow to cover costs. If not car-related  stuff, then take what you can get:)

I go to shows like this to see nice cars, sure. But I've seen thousands of nice custom cars over the years.

I like to meet JDM fans and learn more about whatever car mods they did and why owners made these mods.

I've met some great people from the Ratsun world at JCCS.

I hope Canby survives in one form or another so I can meet some nice folks from up north.

Especially since my 521 is finally back on the road!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Seeker > 620 KC said:

“the judging has always been a complaint,” Then why haven’t they fixed it by now? 

“but again its to go check out the cars that's all.” Then why have judging at all???  Why not have have no judging like like ER? It’s not that hard to fix. why not Fix it or eliminate it?  Why continue frustrating those who show cars?

“just pay and have fun.”  We aren’t all young and single, and don’t all have high-paying specialty jobs like you who can just throw money at our projects. If people are taken advantage of, or not treated equally at the Canby gate, we speak up and voice our concerns for others to be aware of, and hope organizers hear and fix EM. We  don’t all have the money or desire to “just pay” and take the abuse, and come back for more.Just like any market place...we have legitimate concerns and will take actions to our own comfort level. Some will participate less and buy less, some offer feedback, and some quit coming. Just like when parts prices max out, the demand from buyers quickly falls. 

“Also there was toilets on each side of the show, you just probably did not see them along with all the restraints at the Pike to choose from.” You shouldn’t assume attendees are all unobservant complaining looks-loos. I work for a different so-Cal city who hosts many big public events, and whom works hard to have attendees return and spread the word about the events to others. At JCCS I was on meds that required using the bathroom 4-5 times unexpectedly. While urgently standing in line for port-o potty lines and with no sinks to wash after, I saw kids, 2 pregnant women, and a family with special needs kids who also couldn’t wash up. 

While walking  the entire JCCS perimeter I was motivated to note exactly where all the “heads” and sinks locations were. Only two, with long lines. What restrooms were the food truck employees using, and where were they washing? Should we tell the pregnant mothers to hike out to the restraints to pee, and then stand in line to re-enter? I’d bet City of Long Beach and event organizers didn’t know a real number of attendees, or the city would have required more potties and sinks! 

i’m still surprised by event’s organizers, volunteers, and attendees who don’t take complaints as valuable feedback in order to learn and improve their event further. Especially when it is about public safety. They don’t say “sorry you had a bad experience,” don’t say “thanks for the feedback,” or “we’ll run it up the chain of command, and try to do better next time.  Why not ask their thousands of attendees for feedback to fix current probs? Why not  ask them for improvement ideas that could be easy impimented or affordable? Ideas that could make their event better! I assume everyone  wants the event to successfully continue? Maybe a Paper survey near the exit gate? Email an anonymous survey?  Website survey? (Survey monkey?) 

I’m always stunned  when organizers, volunteers, or other attendees Say things like  “ maybe sell your cars and play with LEGO or feed the birds,” basically telling their customers to “F-off. It’s a clear indicator of how much they only care about their needs, their priorities, and the event not changing. Perhaps they only care that they might get in free for helping for an hour or two  and get to hang out with their friends. i’d guess they don’t have to pay to show, pay to park, and have very little skin in the game? They may not care about their customer’s needs and interests, nor   for easier event facilitation, nor a better show. These statements do however show their lack of innovation, communication, and maturity level.

Sorry for the long response. I’ve offering negative feedback for a better event and it was ignored here. I just don’t like being insulted and generalized as a constant or unjustified complainer. Luckily, for next year’s JCCS event...  I sat near IE event host Robert. He heard my complaint and volunteered to take the port-0-Potty/sink issue to the  next JCCS committee. Nice job Robert. Here’s  more positive suggestions: 

Suggestion: More port-o-potties. More sinks or at least a way to refill them. Plastic 55 gallon water barrel’s in a truck parked close by with gravity fed spout and hose? Hourly sink checks. Anybody could refill them once the truck is parked nearby. 

Suggestion: Have 2-3 entry gates. Open or close them depending on demand. Empty registers regularly, make bank local deposits to avoid theft rip/offs

Suggestion to beat the heat vs. standing in line at a food truck for liquids: : Why not approach a bottled water company and see if they’d donate bottled water to give away if you advertise for them? If not ask for a big discounted  purchase price if you advertise their name. Maybe stack cases of water bottles in a Datsun/Nissan flatbed trucking park it just inside the gate. Hang Pureflow or Arrowhead banners on all sides of and have volunteers hand em out. If not maybe these water companies have trucks have staff and vehicles to promote at events for no cost?  Walmart sells cases of water for $4. maybe the Long Beach Walmart mgr would donate cases? maybe all the suppliers would? maybe one would supply free water if they were the exclusive supplier to the show? 

More identified cool zones. Have guys showing cars to bring easy-ups. Group them in specific areas of the event. identify them as  temporary cool-off spots. hand out water. Require vendors to supply X cases of water, or hand out water donated water. Or made a condition of vending be to  supply extra easy-ups near their stands for a cool zone. 

Good luck. Hope it improves,  learns from other event’s histories, and survives over time.

Bigger is not better unless it is manageable. Otherwise it flames out like  Cal-Jam. 

So seeker, I will  say the Lego remark on my part was not needed, how ever I just help park cars, that's it. I am not in any way part of the planning at all. I agree with almost all you said, how ever I believe that the show is put on who ever or how ever and its up to me to go or not. Like I said before I drove the last 2 years to CANBY and had a great time, but lets be honest 2 entirely different shows Period, And well weather for us southern boys it sucks right ! Hail last year, rain every day and you are on your own to bring your own food and drinks to that show for 2.5 days. So while I totally agree with keeping the park folks happy, Koji them new more cars where coming but did not consider or did not realize that many people where coming. It was the first year there and it got alot more exposure with it being at the Pike, it makes me wonder if it was that overlooked or was it expected and was not considered.

I would love to do a PRADO lake show, but I would need help to put it on, I do have a lot of contacts and so forth but my job is demanding and would make it hard to focus on doing a good job. Well I know i could, but I would like to be sure. Shit i know an old crusty machinist who can make bad ass trophy's as well for starters. HMMMM        

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ol' 320 said:

I cannot comment on the Canby show, because I have never attended. It has been a goal to go for years, so I hope the show continues in some form.

JCCS: I first attended three years ago largely based on BigTanker's posts. He made it seem like an inviting event and it is only 206 miles from Visalia.

This is a great show. I attended twice at the Queen Mary site and then at this year's new venue.

New Site: It was hot as hell, so I felt just like I was home in Visalia.... except I could see the ocean;)

Ray and others who are close to JCCS organizers ... some positive criticism on a great event:

1)  Please have more bottled water. Seeker is correct, all vendors were out of water by 10am.

2)  Porta potties are not what most people  want to spend there money on, but when ya gotta go;)

3)  I don't care about the Anderson windows folks. I have organized several large events - including one with a crowd of 30,000 and one with a crowd of 40,000. You have it have a certain amount of cashflow to cover costs. If not car-related  stuff, then take what you can get:)

I go to shows like this to see nice cars, sure. But I've seen thousands of nice custom cars over the years.

I like to meet JDM fans and learn more about whatever car mods they did and why owners made these mods.

I've met some great people from the Ratsun world at JCCS.

I hope Canby survives in one form or another so I can meet some nice folks from up north.

Especially since my 521 is finally back on the road!

I don't believe the 521 is running pics and video or did not happen. And you should host a show, considering the numbers your talking about,  we would only make 3%. Right.

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I detest crowds and I would leave before I would stand in a line longer than 3-5 people. The Canby toilets are pleantyfull though the water ran out in the wash up area just outside this year. Sunday there is no maintenance for them, something to think about. If you're smart camping you carry your own TP. Fuck that 0.0001mm tissue crap. Never had to line up for the toilet in 8 years there. Two in the back, I think one in the front of the grandstand, the main entrance and there's always the horse barn.

The competition for awards is only really important to those in the show. Must be a bitch to guess how many are going and figure out what ones to make and why pre registration is important. I can see showing up with a 1200 and there isn't enough to make a prize worth the bother so you get lumped in with the S110s and an F10 under 'other'. Same LS swapped Zs, RB swapped Roadsters, 510s and trucks who can afford to win. I get all the time I need to look the cars over, don't need to follow the awards show.

What about a large plaque and winners are announced and get their name engraved on it? Lots of room for every possible class even if only one shows up. Keep adding to it every year... win, and you are there forever. Got to be cheaper than all the trophies, stickers, and stuff.  

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

That is a trophy great idea. If I may expand on it further...

The event host could have a virtual trophy wall vs. hauling the plaques to an event. The real plaque could live in the organizer's shop or man-cavek and not need to  be hauled around. Then just put a link to it on their website.  It would eliminate having to haul one more thing to the event and set it up. If people want individual trophies or plaques they could order and pay in advance for them at the show, then receive them later via shipper. That would be one less expense and physical details to deal with.  

2 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

So seeker, I will  say the Lego remark on my part was not needed, how ever I just help park cars, that's it. I am not in any way part of the planning at all. I agree with almost all you said, how ever I believe that the show is put on who ever or how ever and its up to me to go or not. Like I said before I drove the last 2 years to CANBY and had a great time, but lets be honest 2 entirely different shows Period, And well weather for us southern boys it sucks right ! Hail last year, rain every day and you are on your own to bring your own food and drinks to that show for 2.5 days. So while I totally agree with keeping the park folks happy, Koji them new more cars where coming but did not consider or did not realize that many people where coming. It was the first year there and it got alot more exposure with it being at the Pike, it makes me wonder if it was that overlooked or was it expected and was not considered.

I would love to do a PRADO lake show, but I would need help to put it on, I do have a lot of contacts and so forth but my job is demanding and would make it hard to focus on doing a good job. Well I know i could, but I would like to be sure. Shit i know an old crusty machinist who can make bad ass trophy's as well for starters. HMMMM        

So seeker, I will  say the Lego remark on my part was not needed, 

Well if it didn't mean don't come to the event if you can't afford to pay, what did it mean?  Sorry if I took it to mean something than other than how it appeared. 

I love the idea of a Prado Dam/Park event. Pretty centrally located for LA, Orange, IE, and SD counties. It makes it easier to recruit help too.

And my apologies to tr8er for hijacking the thread regarding similar event issues.

ON the original topic... Has anybody asked if the Canby event can still happen...just on another weekend? Why does it have to be on a specific weekend? Is that little fairgrounds completely booked during the good weather season??? ...

• Like 1

Ray: The large car events we hosted in Visalia in 1998 (40,000 attendees) and in 2000 were recreations of some famous road racing events from the turn of the prior Century (Visalia Road Races).

Despite the fact we staged vintage race exhibitions that were the subject of a FOX network 90 minute show, and  drew cars from all over the US and even Europe as entrants, with AAA as the major sponsor, we would have gone broke if it had not been 100-plus degrees that day in 1998 and people had not bought about 25,000 Cokes. We needed every penny from the soda sales to pay the bills! 

We accepted vendors who were selling collector car ins, miracle waxes and so on, and all sorts of trinkets. A lots of hamburgers and churros.

Whatever it took to make the event work, we tried it. I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

I would have taken money from Anderspon Windows for a booth at that point.

I think we had to spend $5,000 on porta potties alone or something like that!

This is in a very nice County park, but this park won't work for an overnight camping venue. It does work for a one day car show, though. We get a bazillion lowriders every year from all over the state for a pretty bitch'n lowrider show.

Ray, I don't remember .... Is that new JCCS venue permanently fenced or was that all temporary? Do the organizers have to put that up?

Sorry ArchetypeD,

Mr. Big Tanker compared the JCCS people who complained about the show to the Canby people to complained and it all went sideways from there:

Trying to bring it back to the Canby Topic...

ON the original topic... Has anybody asked if the Canby event can still happen...just on another weekend? Why does it have to be on a specific weekend? Is that little fairgrounds completely booked during the good weather season??? ...