620 king cab window gaskets

dat620

as of yet no pricing, but i will say, they r gonna have to be real humble to us as far as prices go, as they said in the beginning all things figured in, we will not be overwhelmed , and i will not let them rip us off either, i know that now i have a good relationship with my project manager, and he is the one that got us this far in just the past 2 months and the person i have been dealing with since the beginning , after i give yes or no on the trial fit , then i will get pricing, so stay tuned..tom :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

new update, just test fitted 1/4 window seals, and i will have an actual production set to try before Christmas, what i had is a called run, it's just a length of the gasket and i had to cut to fit, just spoke to r&d and my project manager, gave measurements and discussed corner radius, we are almost there, if all works out ok, which i know it will, we should have seals after the new year,thank GOD, so stay tuned and i will keep everyone posted, thx tom

2eDeYe;245879'']Great news! Thanks for sticking with this :cool:

I have been to Toms house and his paint shop, and I have heard his enthusiasm about these window gaskets . When he talks about the subject he has so much passion about it, so it is not a surprise that he is sticking with it . I do not have a king cab but who knows what the future holds maybe some day I will be ordering a set of kc window gaskets . Tom you are the man keep up the great research and work .

Edited by slam_dat_sun
added to post

thx peeps, and it will all work out, i will let ya'll know, as slam stated, i have been working on this for some time, i need them also, i need to finish my project too, not there yet but gettin closer every day..tom

• 2 weeks later...

as of 3:00 pm today we are getting closer, we discussed pricing and i think we all are going to be real surprised, i know that it will be worth the wait, they will be sending my test set before thursday 12-31-09 for me to give the final go ahead, after that it will be about 1 month away to get final product, i am going to need a total count of all sets needed, please email to my email, dat620@hotmail.com, that way we do not tie up any more space here on ratsun, please be accurate, if you say 1 or 2 or 3 sets, thats what i am going to secure, we will have first grabs at these seals, and after x amount of time they are going public with them, so we need to scoop them up as quickly as possible, please respond as quick as possible, that way i can get a good count and secure good pricing, as of 5:30 pm today we are looking at about 79.95 per pair(set) , it may go up a little, and shipping would be extra, but when i shipped mine to them it was only about 9.00 - 13.00 dollars the first time was more because i sent glass also. but figure all said and done roughly 89.95 - 94.95 shipped to you, each set(pair), those that order more sets will get better discount on shipping, but pricing will not vary much on product, unless it is a large pre purchased order. and at that i am not making much profit on this,considering cost of molds and production costs, but we are all getting a very well manufactured product, where we had none at all before. so please respond back and i will get all the facts correct within the next few days, price wise it's about that range. all prices are contiental u.s. stateside(48) pricing, all other states and countries and territories are subject to the shipping rates that apply. thx tom

Edited by dat620

just a few questions about the gaskets, will these be a straight piece of rubber gasket or will they have the contoured corners, what about a guarantee / warranty on the life of the product.

and like Z~train, I'm needing the front and rear gaskets also.

could you put up pic's when you receive your gaskets, Thanks again

they will be some what molded, and yes i will put up pics, and they also make the front seal, and rear seals, both reg cab, and king cab , i will get pricing on them also, i have the front on my lil orange 620, and am going to use it also on my king kab 620, i will ck on warranty, my orange truck has had the gasket installed for over 10 yrs and no seperation or cracks, the seal is still very pliable and rubbery, not hard or stiff, and we get temps of 115 - 120 degrees all the time for almost 7 months of the year. i will get back to you all about your concerns, thx tom

i am getting prices for other gaskets, the 620 king kab gaskets will be as qouted $79.95 per set,plus shipping, and they carry a full lifetime manufacturers warranty against cracking , peeling, fading or discolorization,and shrinking, any damage done during installation will be on the customer/ end user, the manufacturer stated that the average life span is approx 15 -20 years depending on where u live and care given to the seals, they recommend storage in a dry, cool, clean place, and to leave them in the original package, as they will stay fresher longer in the original plastic wrapper. they recommend an oil free protectant such as Son of a Gun, or such / type. i will get the other prices up and they also make 510, zcar, 520, 521, 620, 720, and hardbody seals also, i am getting the full list, stay tuned..i will post prices as soon as i receive them, i will also post up pictures of the 1/4 seals when i receive my samples, some time next week, we are so close i can taste it, so to say, yea, thank the Lord for this blessing, thx tom

bumpin this back to the top, i really do need a good count of who all wants the king kab seals, it is now crunch time, and would be nice to know that everyone is still in for the orders they told me these last few months, i've gotten 2 replies out of at least 150/160, cmon peeps i've got alot of my own cash tied up in this, can i get a response to this, e mail me at dat620@hotmail.com, thx tom :D

I'm still in for one set, did you get pic's yet, that would be a plus. Do I need to email you to confirm that... how soon do you need payemt, let me know.

come on guys, Tom has put a lot of time / $$$$$ into getting this set up for us 620 KC owners.

lets show that it was not a waste of his time....

yes please email me at dat620@hotmail.com, and as soon as the test set get here i will put up the pictures, and i do have the other seals pricing guide but for some reason i can not get it to open so i can copy and paste on here, something with the way he sent it, i have some more being faxed so i can scan and upload, we'll see how that goes,once i install the test set and give the manufacturer the go ahead, i will send out the pay pal acct. info, PLEASE PRE ORDER SO I KNOW EXACTLY HOW MANY SETS I NEED TO PRE ORDER. send pre order to above e mail, thx tom . ;)

I was trying to be nice since I need a set real bad, but I have to speak up. In an earlier post you said these guys need to be humble, since they have taken so long, and now $79 per set? A windshield seal which is 3 times as big is $38 at the local glass shop. I think maybe they are taking advantage of our situation, but they need to think about the fact that we in a major recession, and should be a little more greatful for the business. Just my opinion. :confused: :hmm: :frantics:

• Like 1

Im waiting to see the pictures of the final installed product. I still need one set, might be able to swing two, but Id like to see pics first, both inside and out. Also, is there any sort of front/rear/quarter window kit?

Im waiting to see the pictures of the final installed product. I still need one set, might be able to swing two, but Id like to see pics first, both inside and out. Also, is there any sort of front/rear/quarter window kit?

Windshield and rears are available on ebay from Rt. 66 for a reasonable price, I already got my rear from them and it took only 3 or 4 days to get it.:)

I can tell yall this, Tom dat620 is a personal friend of mine. He is not going to try and pawn no junk off on ya :lol: not saying that this is what you are thinking but I had to say this. As much time and personal money as he has invested it would have to be a perfect product for him to even consider bringing it to the table. What you have to understand is that Tom has so much passion for Datsuns, I promise you that you will not have no disappointment. I am sure when he gets his trial set he will show you a prim and proper product, if it is not up to his standards it will be back to the drawing board and he has pretty high standards. ;)

I didn't say anything about his standards, or the quality of the product, I just brought up the thought that compared to what we can buy front and rear seals for, the price seems a little high, and the company that is making them for him may be taking advantage of us because we have no other option. If they had a competitor, then the would be dropping the price to something more reasonable, compared to what other glass seals go for. I have no problem with him, he is doing something good for all of us, I just don't like the Idea of the manufacturer taking us just because we have no other options. Just my rant for the week.:rolleyes: