620 king cab window gaskets

dat620

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been keeping up with this post and I will be buying a set also. Will someone comment on the installation or do I need to do this in another post? I don't know if this is something that I could do or would I need to take it to a body shop or window glass shop to get them replaced. My 78 needs new kc seals in the worst way. Thanks, Dan

Great! Thanks Dat620 for the work on this project and the pics. I got the pm but I'm still not sure about installing these. I have no expereince at doing windows or windshields. But I will be getting a set, whether I do it myself or have them installed. Thanks, Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello all, it has been some time in the making but, the king kab seals are almost ready to go, production is almost complete, but they will not ship until all pre-orders are ordered, that means if you said all this past year that you wanted them now is the time to step up and order them, the price is not going to go down, they will not be released to the general public for 2 years, that is the contract i have with the manufacturer, i believe that this is the only place to get them, and that is why i did this, not to get rich or to rip any one off, just to have available a product that is not, i also have several other projects on the drawing board for a lot of dattos, but they will not be started till we have met the pre-order of the 1/4 seals(as proof to the manufacturer), out of the 100 peeps that said they wanted these seals, only 10 have purchased them, all my costs on this have been out of pocket, and i can not afford to pay for 100 sets on my own, if perhaps we get 50 orders together then i may be able to finish the project, that is where i need ya'll to step up..quite a few of ya'll kept sending me emails when will they be ready/done, well now is the time, they are almost ready to ship... and yes i understand more than most about the current economy...it is tough all over, but here is something that alot of us need and we spend more than this on other stuff for our trucks. again thx..tom

• 2 weeks later...

well for a more recent update, this week will be the last week to pre-order the king kab 1/4 window seals, as of this week i will be putting them on ebay with a preset reserve, if you already told me that you were going to order this week, the time is now, i need to fullfil my contract with the manufacturer( 100 sets, of which i have 12 orders), and i do not see it happening here, sorry but from friday the 16th of april and onward,the only way to buy these seals will be on ebay, that is until i get the pre-order contract taken care of. once that is done then i will offer them back on here and the other web sites, because by then i can order 1, or 2, or 3 sets as needed, i just need to cover the production costs and molding costs, once that is done , then all is back to normal, the next project is the little L shaped bumper/stopper in the 620 door jam at the bullet line, and even more after that..thx again to all, and those that have pre-ordered it won't be long till you get your seals...thx tom

ok peeps it's friday the 16th of april, as of midnite tonite the seals go on ebay, if you want to buy them it's now or bid against all others on ebay...as soon as the 100 pre-orders are filled then they will be available thru me again, sorry but i gotta do what i gotta do to get the pre-orders done...thx tom

Ok Tom so when exactly will I get the windows I guess I dont quite get it. Im not trying to be smart help me understand. I have pre ordered the gaskets from you and now theyre on ebay? and the people who have pre ordered havent recieved theres yet ? Is that right? Let me know Ricky....