620 king cab window gaskets

dat620

i am in the middle of plans, and discussions, with a rubber seal manufacturer, to produce the king kab window seals, i need to get an accurate count of all who would be interested in puchasing these gaskets, we would need 50 people to get the ball rolling so to say, the cost is not yet figured out, they are taking all the measurements now, and will get to me in 2 weeks, they are very interested in the project, they also have all gaskets and seals for the 520 - 720 trucks and some cars also, they are sending me a catalog, and in turn i will post here for all to use,they manufacture oem seals, and after market for ppg, and other glass companies, they will be willing to sell direct to us, because of our large membership(family), so please give me an accurate count of who wants them, i know we have at least a dozen or so king kab projects going on right now..tom:D

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at the moment they are packing to go to sema, they will be gone for this next week, that is why they said they will let me know in 2 weeks, as per my talks with them, they are very interested in doing this project, and they said for us(ratsun), the price would be very affordable, cause we r the ones getting the ball rolling..:D, just please let me know how many we need , as stated i will need a minimum of 50 sets, or 50 orders, and i'm sure if we get all our king kab peeps to get in on the ground floor, we can do it, also no 320 seals yet, then again depends on demand.they have from 520-720, reg cab, and king kabs seals, they will get me the info on all datsun products they carry or can get after sema show in vegas..:D

2 sets here.They are available somewhere i saw them recently but they are 160-180 dollars for the pair.

Was it Scott Rubber or something? I tried to get some thru them but the were no longer in stock.... :(

I had planned to go to this place in Monroe when the time was near that makes windsheild rubbers...but if I can get a set now, sawheet. So ya...if the price is right, I'd take 3 sets, might as well have a spare set. :D

2eDeYe;92346']Was it Scott Rubber or something? I tried to get some thru them but the were no longer in stock.... :(

I had planned to go to this place in Monroe when the time was near that makes windsheild rubbers...but if I can get a set now' date=' sawheet. So ya...if the price is right, I'd take 3 sets, might as well have a spare set. :D[/quote']

It was Too intense restoration.But now it says:"Item pending".I knew i shoulda bought them last year

Nice job Tom. Looking forward to some of thier prices on windshield rubber. I have the chrome trim model and haven't been able to find a replacement.

I did however keep the KC windows/seals out of my parts truck before it went to Datto heaven.

EDIT: If this all pans out maybe we could have this as a sticky for future referance.

2eDeYe;92346']Was it Scott Rubber or something? I tried to get some thru them but the were no longer in stock.... :(

I had planned to go to this place in Monroe when the time was near that makes windsheild rubbers...but if I can get a set now' date=' sawheet. So ya...if the price is right, I'd take 3 sets, might as well have a spare set. :D[/quote']

+1 for me :D

datsun restore used to have them. I don't know if they will be getting any more.

http://www.datsunrestore.com/datsun_parts.html

2 sets here

Any idea if they can recreate the ones that take the chrome surrounds? I want the standard black ones but Im sure some people would get all giddy about the chrome trim...:)

I'd be up for some chrome ones:thumbsup:. But put me down for one set.

Larry

at the present time they will only do seals with out stailess inserts, due to manufacturing costs, they do not offer any seals that take trim, but maybe in the future, lets see how this goes, and being as we have capacity to buy in bulk, we would probably need as many as possible to produce other seals also..but we have to wait for the next 2 weeks til they get back from sema show , before we can get the ball rolling, but we will need to be spot on with at least 50 orders to get going, they promised low cost to us, so please if u say 2 or 3 sets that is what we are going to go with, i will post costs as soon as i get them, and yes once this gets going lets do a sticky on it, and all the other pieces, and prices..:D

Man, I hope you can get this done. I called too intense restoration about theirs being item pending and he told me he had one side (which side, I can't remember) He didn't know how long it would be before they got more from overseas. So I figured I would at least buy what he had, but then he told me how much, $80some dollars for one side. Damn, told hom I would hold off for now. Hopefully you can get the pricing better than that. If I get to that point where I would have to have them, I guess I would pay what I had too. Luckly I am not at that point on my truck.