620 king cab window gaskets

dat620

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i should know or have a set within the next few days, i talked to the r & d rep on the 9th of jan, that was when i posted, as for pricing i will not know until after we test fit them, considering no problems, and all goes well, i will keep u all posted, and hang in there, i will not be able to complete my king kab with out these seals..they have my only new set that i had..so i'm stuck also, but as i stated previously, i would rather wait for quality, not quantity, i will let u all know as soon as i do..:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

heard from them late friday eve, they are at a halt at the moment due to production costs and the slow down of all of the big 3, as you may recall in one of my first posts on this subject, they make seals for a lot of auto makers, and special projects come second, they did re afirm me that we will not be on the back burner very long, they just need to see what the orders from the big 3 r going to be before they commit to our stuff, sounds cheesy but i guess thats how big buisness is..:( although they have gotten closer to finishing the molds, they had a problem with the molds because of the way the gasket is made, they need for it to be a one piece gasket mold, and because of the compound curves they were having a problem of the gasket and mold seperating upon cool down,so there we are..:) i will let u all know of any changes.

i have asked them for a ball park, and yet have no reply, they say be patient and we promise u will love the price, so i will wait a little longer..:D

• 1 month later...
at the moment they are packing to go to sema, they will be gone for this next week, that is why they said they will let me know in 2 weeks, as per my talks with them, they are very interested in doing this project, and they said for us(ratsun), the price would be very affordable, cause we r the ones getting the ball rolling..:D, just please let me know how many we need , as stated i will need a minimum of 50 sets, or 50 orders, and i'm sure if we get all our king kab peeps to get in on the ground floor, we can do it, also no 320 seals yet, then again depends on demand.they have from 520-720, reg cab, and king kabs seals, they will get me the info on all datsun products they carry or can get after sema show in vegas..:D

I'll take a set when they're done.

heard from them yesterday, they r still havin a problem with the release of the gasket and mold, something with heat and temp settings, but it will be resolved soon, please be patient and it will happen, i will let everyone know how it is going, and as soon as i know u all will know..:) and for other gaskets i finally got a list i will see if i can get it scanned and up loaded this weekend, it has all the gaskets they make now, with prices, and what is on the list is all they have for now, like i said previously, if we have enough demand they will consider making other gaskets for other vehicles, but have to have at least a diffinate 50 piece order to have them produced, so lets see how it all goes with the 1/4 seals and move on from there:) tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumpity,,,,,,,,,,,, bump

I was thinking today with summer on it way and the weather starting to get hot, this would be a excellant time to replace them cracked KC window gaskets.

I'm not getting impatient but was just wondering..... WTF ... :D

i have an email and a call in to the manufacturer, as of yet have heard nothing differant than last post, i am also at the point of assembly on my king kab, and sent them the only good set of seals i had for them to prototype off, i am awaiting a response from the r&d department , i will let u all know as soon as i know, thx tom:)