INSMNCS: John Cain

I'd like this 100 times if I could

Ive actually teared up today!

Trying to splain to peeps what this means (for a guy who loves his mechanical shit) but has never wsnted to push his kid, well, lets just say im really happy.

My little man struggles a bit; but to see him dong some semi mechanical stuff (and enjoying it), great times for me!

• Like 4
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

As a youngster does a certain music imprint itself on you for life? or is it better to be flexible and listen to anything available down through the decades like a barn door swinging in the breeze?

People post the stuff they like to listen to on here, but I just can't stand more than 10 seconds of it.

I know that even though I'm only in my early 30s, most new music is crap to me. The music that speaks to me is mostly the music of my teens/early twenties. That's the language that speaks to my soul. So I'm a person who music imprinted on.

It's been said here before, but holds true. Most of the top 40 music has always been crap.

When I go back through the evolution of different sounds and genres, there have always been stand out artists mixed into the giant corporate machine.

Lately I've circled back to hip hop. It was a genre that I never paid much attention to, but listening to people like Tribe Called Quest and The Roots made me realize that there was real musical talent there.

I'm sure there are lots of innovative artists doing great things right now, I just don't have time to wade through the shit to find them. I'll let time sort them out and listen to them in my 50s.

• Like 1

I just don't get artist today. They all sound the same, regardless of the genre. With a few exceptions, none of them are memorable or worth trying to follow. 

Rap has to be the biggest offender, most of them so much alike and the worst part is that they all chose to sound like the worst one of them. Top 40 stuff is just blah. No real creativity or skill. They all just sing about parties and fucking around. I think the biggest problem is that they are all trying to make dance hits and not music. 

And Mumford and Sons ruined everything with their Hipster Caterwauling. Now almost every other band sounds like a failed Otter Jugband imitation. 

I try to listen to new music, but it is so whiny and shrill with no soul. 

Fuck'em! Where is my Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack?

• Like 3

Rap, the day the music died.....

While I hate MTV/Radio rap, I'm guessing you would not care to see the distinction of the hip hop I listen to. Still, in a way, you are correct. Rap/Hiphop is sample based. Meaning that it uses old music to create new music. People needed to play the instruments first. In most genres of music, we see that live instrument element dying.

While I hate MTV/Radio rap, I'm guessing you would not care to see the distinction of the hip hop I listen to. Still, in a way, you are correct. Rap/Hiphop is sample based. Meaning that it uses old music to create new music. People needed to play the instruments first. In most genres of music, we see that live instrument element dying.

Although when played live they often swap in real drums, real bass, keys, etc.. and when that happens you are likely not going to find many who can top that level of musical talent.

• Like 2

my mirrors came today,

just what I wanted for my 720, nice chrome paddles

I'm glad 80s z cars have at least some decent looking parts. I'm sure they were replaced with some bullet fender mirrors.

just feeling the 720 love these days

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3