INSMNCS: John Cain

That guy is crazy, radio controlled flying while the person is in it is crazy, I have lost a few radio controlled aircraft because of interference, they will just flip over and pile into the ground.

The young are indestructible, at least I thought I was, what I was was lucky, like this guy above has been in his invention, multi-copter part 13???

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a matter of time, this doesn't have an auto rotate like a helicopter, if two engines were to fail on one side it would be over with I suspect, you guys seen how much the guy was moving the lever controlling engine RPM from side to side to keep it level on the last video.

This is a dangerous toy, too many things can go wrong, even he mentioned in the first video that stuff was malfunctioning/breaking down before he could even get it in the air, I wonder how many failures he had with weight in it before he got the courage to climb in it himself.

This contraption needs a gyro or two in it that automatically puts it into hover mode depending on engine RPMs with auto landing, then all one would have to do is pick a height and steer it around to where you want to go, hands off would hover mode, it also needs a fuel gauge. :lol:

I have flown a hangglider with two Partner chainsaw engines, but when an engine quit I could shut the other down and glide to the ground and land like a hangglider would normally land, this thing will just drop like a brick.

This contraption is like driving your Datsun with steering, throttle, and brakes controlled with an RC transmitter/controller, eventually someone is going to key their ham radio transmitter or some other interference will happen, and you will not have control anymore, the engine could just die, or it could floor itself and go where it wants to go and you are along for the ride, but this thing flies in the air, the only plus seems to be that he is flying less than 10 feet off the ground.

I say put his body weight in it, then fly it until he can flip it over upside down and fly it, then flip it over again and land it, then climb in it, but don't use a transmitter, control should be on board, not over the airwaves.

• Like 1

I think the Wright Brothers flew farther than that.

They didn't really fly that far in their gliders, just top of the hill to the bottom I believe, but when they put the engine on it they started flying farther and farther, and higher and higher, but yes it was a hell of a lot farther to the bottom of the hill than that flight, although it is hard to tell how far he actually flew.

They learned how to control it on the sand dunes at Kittyhawk, making controlled turns and learning about airspeed, I do not recall if they actually soared like hanggliders do, I don't believe they did, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

You know.... that would be much more stable if he was under the engines. Not so tippy with a lower center of gravity. Better view.

Not too mention if one of those props snap.. you would be at less risk of injury.

• Like 1

Cuz the question really tied the whole post together, did it not dude ?

15356705_609926455860162_511497355838576

Looks like the city cleared out someone's car collection.

MG Magnettes?