2015 CANBY TRUCK

denmarkboy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the mid to late seventies GM spent a small fortune testing engines to find out what dissipated heat better paint or no paint.  Paint won out over a bare cast iron block.  Then GM spent more money to find out what color if any was better at dissipating heat.  Gloss black won.  But GM still liked color in their engine bays so the stayed with the standard used colors for the different makes.

I vote 1978 Datsun 638 Black Pearl Metallic!

008.jpg

• Like 2

Anyone have the shut heat switch with good chrome as shown in this picture? The one we have is functional.. but not great compared to the room switch.

P1010276.jpg

I will look and see if I have any left.  If I do I will let you know.

• Like 1

Well.....numbers matching or not....it's a 40 year old engine.....true patina....an OG L series......

To you??

......you know the story and that it's not a rush job......

............if you are referring to the people that judge things before they know what's up......fuck them......

Argument cuntinues....... :rofl:

i guess i forgot the story. can you remind me and enlighten the group?

and its not true patina cause it been repainted once already, so its not 40+ years old patina.  yea it is patina but not "OG" patina.

and i was referring to me. :geek: 

In my personal opinion a rusty block is tacky, in any car, but you don't care what i think and it sounds like your mind is made up so get that shit done!! you only have a week!!!  :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

• Like 3

......so do the rising sun on the side of the block :)

I'll vote for a Ratsun rising sun on the block, then clear coat it. Then again, I have little artistic ability, & I'm not the one painting it, so I say do whatever you can make look best.
  • Like 2

Anyone have the shut heat switch with good chrome as shown in this picture? The one we have is functional.. but not great compared to the room switch.

P1010276.jpg

those ones nicer than the ones I have I think but i'll check when I'm @ 'yard' next. I have a new universal heater core/fan assembly I am going to use.....limited space in that quadrant with the el'28 being shoehorned in. If better ya'll argh welcome two it.

• Like 1

I cannot find my stash of ash trays.  They seem to have disappeared.  If you run the plastic 521 ash tray in the 520 metal dash top use the metal ring that is in the 521 dash in the 520 dash top it helps the 521 plastic ash tray fit tighter and not rattle.

If you need the 4 wire light switch let me know and I will ship it to you.

Damn now I have to climb back into the attic and put the dash away with the harness.  LOL

grab the x-mas decorations while you are up there.....save you a trip up the ladder in December.

• Like 1

i guess i forgot the story. can you remind me and enlighten the group?

and its not true patina cause it been repainted once already, so its not 40+ years old patina.  yea it is patina but not "OG" patina.

and i was referring to me. :geek:

In my personal opinion a rusty block is tacky, in any car, but you don't care what i think and it sounds like your mind is made up so get that shit done!! you only have a week!!!  :frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

My mind is not made up......still have 36 minutes.........

• Like 1

did somebody say the block is gonna be painted?

just an idea though it would take a week or so to get to you https://www.californiadatsun.com/paint-body/datsun-engine-true-blue-green-spray-can-paint.html

I would have to postpone the trip up......

......That's up to the build......I can make it work......

...................but it's up to Al.....he needed the engine in next weekend.......

What do you think Al??

• Like 1

first.....skyblue has some valid points.........I thought this was the original motor.   White and red rising sun should look awesome in there and would definitely scream "intentional"!! 

second.......paint pics.......Holy cow!!!!  That's so awesome!!!!!  I might have to buy two tickets. :)

• Like 6
Guest Rick-rat

Very nice work scooter, I will be scared to drive it when I win it. Going to look too good, will become a trailer  queen   :angel:

Edit, I meant moving conveyance, some here find the "T" word offensive

• Like 4