So from reading these thoughts it appears that the consensus that we are likely already fuct means we shouldn't try our hardest to curb our habits? Why the fuck would anyone stand idle letting our shit continue to get fucked? 12" rise in sea level will kill 90% of our reefs unless acidification of the ocean does it first. Aussies should be keen on that right now. Reefs are critical to our species survival. As are 100 other relevant environmental assets we are watching die. And saying "why should we pay so much while fucking 3rd world countries pay nothing?" I'll answer. Because we were the biggest and second biggest polluter for ages and reaped the benefits. We live in insulated houses. Commute in air conditioned or heated cars. We need to exercise because we eat like gluttons. We all reap the benefits of fucking up our planet. Even the welfare homeless guy. He's fucking stoked to not be in Somalia. We owe more. Plain and simple. And I myself would fucking love to see us swap our Paris accord money and our defense budget. If the Paris accord is what's breaking our budget, this should be a great solution. The Paris accord is a group of nations acting mature making pledges to a global issue. Your anti Globalist bullshit knows no end. This is a global issue, don't you see it appropriate to see a multi nation effort?

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

The non binding contract that was never ran through congress isn't going to do shit. It holds no one accountable. It's NATO 2.0.

Please tell me how much it was going to curb global temps? Please tell me how this would stop China and India.

It's not that I don't want to have a healthy planet, I do. This agreement was with less from the beginning

Go back and look at the bipartisan criticism when this was signed.

Don't buy the hype. We still have ice caps and they aren't going anywhere.

• Like 3

GO CALI AND WASHINGTON STATE! There's nothin' your limitless tax dollars can't fix!!!Three US states rebel against Trump's Paris climate agreement withdrawalCalifornia, New York, and WashingtonAfter President Donald Trump announced that the US would no longer honor the Paris climate agreement, three states have announced they’re rebelling.New York governor Andrew Cuomo, California governor Edmund Brown Jr., and Washington state governor Jay Inslee said they’re forming a coalition of states committed to fighting climate change. The move basically formally shifts the responsibility of reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the federal government to the local level.https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/1/15726974/california-new-york-washington-climate-change-coalition-paris-deal-trumpMake%2Bit%2BRains%2BGif.gif

Look at that... government working like it was designed. Imagine that!

• Like 1

China who pollutes double what the USA and EU combined was exempt until 2030. Cool.

We'll go ahead and pay hundreds of billions and stifle growth at home while China explodes and becomes the world's largest economy and then some. Good deal for USA.

But my ice caps!!!!!

• Like 3

People don't like change and we are a creature of habit. You can't force people to consume less, let alone a country such as ours, to follow what we think is the right way to treat our planet or consume less. Our country consumes the most, besides China. This realization is hard to see unless one has travelled to other countries, specially 3rd world countries. That's why I believe that each individual needs to come to that realization and not everybody will come to that conclusion at the same time. Heck, ratsuners can't even agree what engine is ideal for our cars. When someone proposes to put a v8 in their datsun, some people here will be all over that guy because some believe that is against the grain of how it should be or a simple request from a noob about changing their distributor to an elect. One, some will say keep the points, some will say Pertronix and some will say matchbox. So can you imagine how it is impossible for us to agree to try to persuade others that it should be like this and this is when it gets personal when someone starts to put the other down because their belief is the polar opposite of theirs. So i say this, you want to save the planet? Start with the self and consume less. Other than that we are swimming against the current of trying to change someone's views about how we think it should be.

• Like 1

People don't like change and we are a creature of habit. You can't force people to consume less, let alone a country such as ours, to follow what we think is the right way to treat our planet or consume less. Our country consumes the most, besides China. This realization is hard to see unless one has travelled to other countries, specially 3rd world countries. That's why I believe that each individual needs to come to that realization and not everybody will come to that conclusion at the same time. Heck, ratsuners can't even agree what engine is ideal for our cars. When someone proposes to put a v8 in their datsun, some people here will be all over that guy because some believe that is against the grain of how it should be or a simple request from a noob about changing their distributor to an elect. One, some will say keep the points, some will say Pertronix and some will say matchbox. So can you imagine how it is impossible for us to agree to try to persuade others that it should be like this and this is when it gets personal when someone starts to put the other down because their belief is the polar opposite of theirs. So i say this, you want to save the planet? Start with the self and consume less. Other than that we are swimming against the current of trying to change someone's views about how we think it should be.

I do agree. I grow much of my food. Generate more electricity than I use three fold. Heat water with solar. Catch rainwater for the house needs. Drive a Leaf for day to day driving for work. Powered by solar energy. Produce my own compost to grow food. Fix shit when it breaks. Produce less than a small bag of trash a week with a family of four.

Point is, I try. And I practice what I preach. And I live on an island, very in tune with changes. There is a reason islands are the ones putting up. We aren't even allowed to get a plastic bag at a store. They banned them completely several years ago. They've basically completely killed the leatherback turtle who eat jellyfish. People here bring their bags into stores. Seems embarrassingly simple after a quick societal conditioning. Point is, these simple fucking things meet resistance. And it's always industry protecting their profits. And it's fucking sick to see. Shift your business to something that won't put blood on your soul. But they won't. And people will think it's government overreach to tell them to act responsibly. Which i'd say would carry some weight if people would actually put anything above them self. But they don't.

The climate changes on its own. History will clearly illustrate that cycle. But we are speeding the cycle for no good reason. If China gets ahead of us while we figure out a way to negate our impact, cool. Maybe they can also use that knowledge to negate their impact and perhaps we can move forward.

Fwiw, the Paris accord would not have any significant impact on China's advancement. Also, they currently are offering more than we are.

It's embarrassing. And telling me to leave has less effect when my "state" was illegally annexed.

• Like 3

So from reading these thoughts it appears that the consensus that we are likely already fuct means we shouldn't try our hardest to curb our habits? Why the fuck would anyone stand idle letting our shit continue to get fucked? 12" rise in sea level will kill 90% of our reefs unless acidification of the ocean does it first. Aussies should be keen on that right now. Reefs are critical to our species survival. As are 100 other relevant environmental assets we are watching die. And saying "why should we pay so much while fucking 3rd world countries pay nothing?" I'll answer. Because we were the biggest and second biggest polluter for ages and reaped the benefits. We live in insulated houses. Commute in air conditioned or heated cars. We need to exercise because we eat like gluttons. We all reap the benefits of fucking up our planet. Even the welfare homeless guy. He's fucking stoked to not be in Somalia. We owe more. Plain and simple. And I myself would fucking love to see us swap our Paris accord money and our defense budget. If the Paris accord is what's breaking our budget, this should be a great solution. The Paris accord is a group of nations acting mature making pledges to a global issue. Your anti Globalist bullshit knows no end. This is a global issue, don't you see it appropriate to see a multi nation effort?

Wow what a melt down. The Paris(should not even be called an accord) 0bama agreement is/was an expensive pile of manure. Based on at the best questionable science. Now if you want to change the topic to cleaning up pollution and terraforming deserts into green space,...you would get lots of people willing.

Oh and please let someone start up an bank account so all of these rich liberals can donate all of that cash that is hurting their soul. Then let the money go to a nice 3rd world country. I am sure Castro would love to build a new castle.

• Like 2

Estimates... .4 to 2 degree reduction over 100 years. At a low low cost of trillions with no oversight.

Some real bullshit estimates.

I'll deny that science bro.

Didn't we already destroy the climate change religion ? Who believes all gore here?

Also tired of getting ,' don't you surf and like to eat fish?'

Never thought of that..

• Like 3

"Didn't we already destroy the climate change religion ?" What do you mean we? You mean oil companies. Who do you think funds the 1% contrary studies, who do you think lobbies our government to the tune of 100s of millions of dollars a year. Why do you think oil companies run add with lats of nature and sunlight saying they're striving for clean alternative energy. It's a reality distortion forcefield. I'm not saying climate change doesn't have it's own brand of BS, but like it or not it's real. There is nothing you can say that will convince me there's a massive conspiracy in the scientific community. I know these people and they don't agree on ANYTHING.  

• Like 1

I do agree. I grow much of my food. Generate more electricity than I use three fold. Heat water with solar. Catch rainwater for the house needs. Drive a Leaf for day to day driving for work. Powered by solar energy. Produce my own compost to grow food. Fix shit when it breaks. Produce less than a small bag of trash a week with a family of four.

Point is, I try. And I practice what I preach. And I live on an island, very in tune with changes. There is a reason islands are the ones putting up. We aren't even allowed to get a plastic bag at a store. They banned them completely several years ago. They've basically completely killed the leatherback turtle who eat jellyfish. People here bring their bags into stores. Seems embarrassingly simple after a quick societal conditioning. Point is, these simple fucking things meet resistance. And it's always industry protecting their profits. And it's fucking sick to see. Shift your business to something that won't put blood on your soul. But they won't. And people will think it's government overreach to tell them to act responsibly. Which i'd say would carry some weight if people would actually put anything above them self. But they don't.

The climate changes on its own. History will clearly illustrate that cycle. But we are speeding the cycle for no good reason. If China gets ahead of us while we figure out a way to negate our impact, cool. Maybe they can also use that knowledge to negate their impact and perhaps we can move forward.

Fwiw, the Paris accord would not have any significant impact on China's advancement. Also, they currently are offering more than we are.

It's embarrassing. And telling me to leave has less effect when my "state" was illegally annexed.

I actually agree with with you on a lot of this. Pretty cool about your solar setup!

• Like 1

"Didn't we already destroy the climate change religion ?" What do you mean we? You mean oil companies. Who do you think funds the 1% contrary studies, who do you think lobbies our government to the tune of 100s of millions of dollars a year. Why do you think oil companies run add with lats of nature and sunlight saying they're striving for clean alternative energy. It's a reality distortion forcefield. I'm not saying climate change doesn't have it's own brand of BS, but like it or not it's real. There is nothing you can say that will convince me there's a massive conspiracy in the scientific community. I know these people and they don't agree on ANYTHING.  

Of the people here, I am sure you are one that would not forget. So you are doing this just for the sake of making an argument.

• Like 1

Why is KKKalifornia so intolerant? Are we going to start seeing flaming crosses made from palm trees? Why do celebrities who live in gated communities keep telling us Trump's wall won't work?

Desired for their labor, rejected as neighbors. Farmworkers in California face hostile communities

Spreckels’ 760 residents — nearly all white, native born and earning well above the state’s median income — feared that migrant workers would bring crime and traffic and destroy property values. Several filed suit to slow the project. The school district insisted on a $330,000 fee to build new schools — later reduced — even though the guest workers, predominantly male, would be leaving their children in Mexico.

Some residents suggested that a labor camp didn’t fit with the town’s historic character — even though historians consider it to be one of the best-preserved “company towns” in America, built by sugar baron Claus Spreckels for a succession of immigrant mill workers from Germany, Japan and Mexico.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-farmworker-housing/

• Like 2

Why is KKKalifornia so intolerant? Are we going to start seeing flaming crosses made from palm trees? Why do celebrities who live in gated communities keep telling us Trump's wall won't work?

Desired for their labor, rejected as neighbors. Farmworkers in California face hostile communities

Spreckels’ 760 residents — nearly all white, native born and earning well above the state’s median income — feared that migrant workers would bring crime and traffic and destroy property values. Several filed suit to slow the project. The school district insisted on a $330,000 fee to build new schools — later reduced — even though the guest workers, predominantly male, would be leaving their children in Mexico.

Some residents suggested that a labor camp didn’t fit with the town’s historic character — even though historians consider it to be one of the best-preserved “company towns” in America, built by sugar baron Claus Spreckels for a succession of immigrant mill workers from Germany, Japan and Mexico.

palm-tree-fire.jpg

• Like 2

another limousine liberal with a massive carbon footprint who will not leave under the green rules he advocates for the masses he rules.

Bill De Blasio Ripped For Trips To Park Slope Gym Amid Climate Concerns

During his weekly radio appearance on WNYC Friday, one caller put the mayor on blast for the routine, which involves an 11-and-a-half mile trip down the East Side highway in a black SUV, flanked by police cars.

"You spoke eloquently about stepping up our game in light of Trump’s withdrawal from Paris," the caller, identified as "Charles in Manhattan," began.

"How about you stepping up your game, leading by example, getting out of your SUV armada?" Charles asked. "And if you need to go to the Park Slope Y five days a week rather than a gym near you, why don’t you take mass transit, or even once in awhile ride a bike, like the vast majority of your fellow New Yorkers, so you will know how we suffer under this transit system."

The caller concluded: "One of the reasons we are in this climate crisis is because the average person see elites not playing by the rules imposed by elites on everyone else. And you’re not going to lead when you’re sitting in your SUV being chauffeured every day 12 miles from Gracie Mansion to Park Slope just so you can ride an exercise bike."

De Blasio, after saying he was "just not going to take the bait my friend," launched into a lengthy defense of his trips, saying the SUV is a hybrid and that he has instructed his staff to switch to electric cars.

"Whether I go to the gym does not affect the policies that affect millions of people," de Blasio said.

"There’s reasons why, because of what I have to do with my time, every single hour of every day, this is the right thing to do," de Blasio said. "I wish my life was exactly like everyone else’s. It’s not for obvious reasons. But again, the issue is not cheap symbolism here. The issue is, are we going to take action, are we actually going to change the way things are done."

https://patch.com/new-york/parkslope/bill-de-blasio-ripped-trips-park-slope-gym-amid-climate-concerns

Classic. Liberals are all for it until it is on their front porch.

Local liberals were all high and mighty putting up yard signs in 3 languages spanish, english and arabic. Read "No matter who you are no matter where you are from you are welcome here". When people started taking them up on the offer and went to their house, the signs vanished real quick. 

• Like 1