Funny how folks are saying the accord is corrupt, but refuse to look any deeper at what's motivating Trump. Petrodollar cycle, look it up. When it comes down to it, you have to believe humans aren't effecting the the environment, and it is a huge global conspiracy designed to fuck the US. Question that and you're an idiot. 

Come on John, how many of those products are made here. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my mind is blown. Not the way you think though. But seriously, why not reusable instead of disposable? 

Why not bring your own cardboard to the store too? fill up your own cereal boxes. Bring your own soup cans.. why not bring your own oil to get your oil changed. Why not stop showering... why not stop shitting in the toilet.

It's because we can recycle.. reprocess.. reuse. 

I have reusable bags.. I forget them in the car, or forget them at home. What if I bring 3 bags and buy a cart load of groceries. What happens when raw meat leaks in the bag.. now you are maintaining them or getting sick.

I am fortunate to be able to afford the cost of the bag. It's really not a big deal, but it's not doing a god damn thing for the environment. You can still get plastic bags for your veggies, for your bulk items.. you can get plastic bags from retailers selling clothes.. you can get plastic from water bottles... 

Make them easier to recycle and you would have a better yield than banning them. For the record, I recycle pretty much anything I can. Including plastic bags. Which has to be returned to the store since curb side can't handle it.

• Like 2

Yeah, my mind is blown. Not the way you think though. But seriously, why not reusable instead of disposable?

Plastic is reusable, the only time I see a ton of trash laying around everywhere is whenever there's a hippy gathering....oh how ironic that is.... they're the first to yell at you if they see you driving a muscle car or SUV.....but I digress.

/\....I still see plastic bags on roads and freeways, and now I see more homeless encampments by the freeways and backroads. Also read that .10 charge for store bags is not really helping the environment cuz the stores are keeping what they make with the bags. Another "sin" tax that got contorted from its original proposal, very similar to soda tax.

• Like 4

/\....I still see plastic bags on roads and freeways, and now I see more homeless encampments by the freeways and backroads. Also read that .10 charge for store bags is not really helping the environment cuz the stores are keeping what they make with the bags. Another "sin" tax that got contorted from its original proposal, very similar to soda tax.

We should just start taxing all the types of trash we see along the roadways. Starting with white trash, of course.

• Like 1

Ironic, huh!, biggest welfare state in the US has so many homeless....think about that for a moment....

• Like 1

On Paris climate agreement, the president is doing the right thing the wrong way

By agreeing to the agreement, President Barack Obama committed the United States to a deal that will have little bearing on the climate and only serve to adversely impact the American economy. By 2035, it is estimated that more than $2.5 trillion in gross domestic product will be lost if the United States follows through on Obama’s commitments. And for what? Even Gina McCarthy, Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency Administrator, testified before Congress, “there is not a single country that signed [the Paris climate agreement] expecting that the 2020 goals would get us where we need to be.”

By withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement, Trump is rightfully taking back power from the vast pool of unknown and unapproachable bureaucrats at home and abroad to allow the United States to set its own energy policy — but his exit strategy may make it harder and more alienating than it needs to be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/05/31/on-paris-climate-agreement-the-president-is-doing-the-right-thing-the-wrong-way/?utm_term=.2efcd12f2807#comments

• Like 3

Why not bring your own cardboard to the store too? fill up your own cereal boxes. Bring your own soup cans.. why not bring your own oil to get your oil changed. Why not stop showering... why not stop shitting in the toilet.

It's because we can recycle.. reprocess.. reuse. 

I have reusable bags.. I forget them in the car, or forget them at home. What if I bring 3 bags and buy a cart load of groceries. What happens when raw meat leaks in the bag.. now you are maintaining them or getting sick.

I am fortunate to be able to afford the cost of the bag. It's really not a big deal, but it's not doing a god damn thing for the environment. You can still get plastic bags for your veggies, for your bulk items.. you can get plastic bags from retailers selling clothes.. you can get plastic from water bottles... 

Make them easier to recycle and you would have a better yield than banning them. For the record, I recycle pretty much anything I can. Including plastic bags. Which has to be returned to the store since curb side can't handle it.

Why not blow everything out of proportion? I try to buy as much bulk local stuff as I can. Why, because Fuck Chinese plastic, fuck Monsanto, fuck multinational corporations. I do this because I'm socially progressive/fiscally conservative, and I'm trying to put my money where my mouth is. I know that where I spend my dollars has more impact than who I get to vote for. Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you should buy into a fucked up system.

People, in general, takes time to become a minimalist. I was not like that in my younger days but when I got more conscious about how we consume and waste so much I jump into action and minimize my consumption. First, we eat too much of the wrong things and lack of excersize which caused my diabetes, so now I watch what i eat and exercise more. As part of my exercise routine I use to walk a lot which got boring. So i decided to buy a bike but I did not spend a lot money and bought one at a garage sale for like 70 bucks and it just needed a front tire and a tune up. So i ride about 5 days a week and ride for like 6 miles or more a day. Everyday I have oat meal and i buy it at dollar tree. Why should I spend 4 dollars when I can get it for 1 dollar. I needed jeans and bought them at savers for like 8 dollars each vs. 50 or more for a pair of levis. We do our best to eat at home so we cook a lot and bring my lunch to work. So what i am saying is don't rely on the govt to make things better for you. Do what you can with you have and try live the motto, "want not, need not".

• Like 2

Almost all country's sell there e-waste to wholesalers who "recycle" it.  And while some of it is broken down an reused for precious metals, the majority of it gets shipped to africa to be burned.  No body is up in arms about that.  Cause in all reality, who the fuck is africa. They burn everything.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/burning-truth-behind-e-waste-dump-africa-180957597/

20111002_DL_TW_EWaste_Anger.jpg

Who really cares about the future of our planet.  We wont see its end, so why does it matter.  Fuck everyone but me.  Fuck your kids, and your grand kids, theyre all ugly anyway.  Fuck being pc.

Its also the same place these smart phones come from. Through the black market, on account of sone teenager dead with lung desease from digging through mines.

• Like 1

GO CALI AND WASHINGTON STATE! There's nothin' your limitless tax dollars can't fix!!!

Three US states rebel against Trump's Paris climate agreement withdrawal

California, New York, and Washington

After President Donald Trump announced that the US would no longer honor the Paris climate agreement, three states have announced they’re rebelling.

New York governor Andrew Cuomo, California governor Edmund Brown Jr., and Washington state governor Jay Inslee said they’re forming a coalition of states committed to fighting climate change. The move basically formally shifts the responsibility of reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the federal government to the local level.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/1/15726974/california-new-york-washington-climate-change-coalition-paris-deal-trump

Make%2Bit%2BRains%2BGif.gif

• Like 1

Funny how folks are saying the accord is corrupt, but refuse to look any deeper at what's motivating Trump. Petrodollar cycle, look it up. When it comes down to it, you have to believe humans aren't effecting the the environment, and it is a huge global conspiracy designed to fuck the US. Question that and you're an idiot. 

Come on John, how many of those products are made here.

Let's look deeper at elon being for it as well, tho he's not really outspoken about it. I'd be out let's save our money for clean energy a little closer to home , were good at it. (Not Tesla)

• Like 1

Single-payer healthcare plan advances in California Senate — without a way to pay its $400-billion tab

“We don’t have the money to pay for it,” Sen. Tom Berryhill (R-Modesto) said. “If we cut every single program and expense from the state budget and redirected that money to this bill, SB 562, we wouldn’t even cover half of the $400-billion price tag.”

Berryhill also said the private sector is better suited to provide healthcare.

“I absolutely don’t trust the government to run our health system,” he said. “What has the government ever done right?”

Lara’s bill would provide a Medicare-for-all-type system that he believed would guarantee health coverage for all Californians without the out-of-pocket costs. Under a single-payer plan, the government replaces private insurance companies, paying doctors and hospitals for healthcare.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-single-payer-healthcare-plan-advances-1496361965-htmlstory.html

• Like 2

GO CALI AND WASHINGTON STATE! There's nothin' your limitless tax dollars can't fix!!!Three US states rebel against Trump's Paris climate agreement withdrawalCalifornia, New York, and WashingtonAfter President Donald Trump announced that the US would no longer honor the Paris climate agreement, three states have announced they’re rebelling.New York governor Andrew Cuomo, California governor Edmund Brown Jr., and Washington state governor Jay Inslee said they’re forming a coalition of states committed to fighting climate change. The move basically formally shifts the responsibility of reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the federal government to the local level.https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/1/15726974/california-new-york-washington-climate-change-coalition-paris-deal-trumpMake%2Bit%2BRains%2BGif.gif

The three stooges, hooray

On Paris climate agreement, the president is doing the right thing the wrong way

By agreeing to the agreement, President Barack Obama committed the United States to a deal that will have little bearing on the climate and only serve to adversely impact the American economy. By 2035, it is estimated that more than $2.5 trillion in gross domestic product will be lost if the United States follows through on Obama’s commitments. And for what? Even Gina McCarthy, Obama’s Environmental Protection Agency Administrator, testified before Congress, “there is not a single country that signed [the Paris climate agreement] expecting that the 2020 goals would get us where we need to be.”

By withdrawing from the Paris climate agreement, Trump is rightfully taking back power from the vast pool of unknown and unapproachable bureaucrats at home and abroad to allow the United States to set its own energy policy — but his exit strategy may make it harder and more alienating than it needs to be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/05/31/on-paris-climate-agreement-the-president-is-doing-the-right-thing-the-wrong-way/?utm_term=.2efcd12f2807#comments

Now that the big piggy bank(the US) has pulled out of the Paris nightmare, are the other players going to step up and pay the 100 billion a year the US was going to pay into this mistake.

• Like 4

Now that the big piggy bank(the US) has pulled out of the Paris nightmare, are the other players going to step up and pay the 100 billion a year the US was going to pay into this mistake.

Hell no! The froggies are gonna hold Trump's feet to the fire! They are bad asses!

Paris climate deal not open for renegotiation, says France's Macron

French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday categorically ruled out any renegotiation of the Paris climate accord and said U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw would harm American interests and citizens.

Macron, who made a televised address in French and English, said Trump had "committed an error for the interests of his country, his people and a mistake for the future of our planet."

http://www.france24.com/en/20170602-paris-climate-deal-not-open-renegotiation-says-france-macron-trump

1b8qe3.jpg

• Like 4

People, in general, takes time to become a minimalist. I was not like that in my younger days but when I got more conscious about how we consume and waste so much I jump into action and minimize my consumption. First, we eat too much of the wrong things and lack of excersize which caused my diabetes, so now I watch what i eat and exercise more. As part of my exercise routine I use to walk a lot which got boring. So i decided to buy a bike but I did not spend a lot money and bought one at a garage sale for like 70 bucks and it just needed a front tire and a tune up. So i ride about 5 days a week and ride for like 6 miles or more a day. Everyday I have oat meal and i buy it at dollar tree. Why should I spend 4 dollars when I can get it for 1 dollar. I needed jeans and bought them at savers for like 8 dollars each vs. 50 or more for a pair of levis. We do our best to eat at home so we cook a lot and bring my lunch to work. So what i am saying is don't rely on the govt to make things better for you. Do what you can with you have and try live the motto, "want not, need not".

^

THIS.

Also,as the old saying went  "waste not,want not"