The biggest trick the US health care system ever pulled was to convince the people to accept it with a smile, while I talk out my ass.

Not true. Not true. Obama care was 99.9% imperfect. Now it's 99.8% Big fucking deal.

Perhaps you have a vested interest in the status quo then. This would explain your reluctance to fix the system you have.

I work in the health care field. I do have an active interest in what happens. I see a hell of a lot of cause and effect. I do not want the status quo which is 0bamacare, and I am in no way defending that system.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Health care co-ops have been around for a long while. My wife started, and currently runs one. She has been cash based. She has taken insurance. And she has had patients submit super-bills to their own insurance. She's experianced all of those models. I paid cash for the birth of my children because it was the care I preferred. I get all of these models, and they were correct mentioning the expansion of cash practices under Obamcare. It's not surprising. But insurance companies do have tons of ways to sabotage their insured if they try to get reimbursed. It gets real messy. Cash only is good. But as a doctor, you end up really fucking people up. You get a bunch of clients who have no insurance. Find a lump, murmur, or disease. Now it's in their record, by law. If you seek insurance with a pre existing condition, you get jacked. Not the docs fault, but it sure sucks for everybody. These situations, as well as the VA would be resolved with single payer. And they will. It's just a matter of time until the industry has fucked us long enough for people to see it.

Also, cash practices will thrive under single payer so...

Hannity is like a pit bull, but past that what the doctors are talking about is what is interesting.

http://atlas.md/wichita/

The cost per month is less then any insurance, giving one the ability to buy into a catastrophic policy if early on for a low price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANSF43Rd7bQ

Hannity is like a pit bull, but past that what the doctors are talking about is what is interesting.

http://atlas.md/wichita/

The cost per month is less then any insurance, giving one the ability to buy into a catastrophic policy if early on for a low price.

Which is what we do. Catastrophic insurance, with cash for service on all medical needs so far. But being married to a great doctor means I'm never wanting to take the kids to the doc. This is what single payer should be. Anything life threatening should be reserved for hospitals. Anything non life threatening should be cash clinics. We need to close hospital doors for checkups, colds, and stitches. That is a waste of a potentially life saving bed. As well as an expensive facility for that purpose.

• Like 3

Which is what we do. Catastrophic insurance, with cash for service on all medical needs so far. But being married to a great doctor means I'm never wanting to take the kids to the doc.  Anything life threatening should be reserved for hospitals. Anything non life threatening should be cash clinics. We need to close hospital doors for checkups, colds, and stitches. That is a waste of a potentially life saving bed. As well as an expensive facility for that purpose.

Ok now I agree.

You may not agree to single payer covering the hospitals though. That's my position.

The setback is that people will just wait until things are life threatening, so treatment is free. I don't know how to best address people's stupidi, um... common nature. I want people to give a shit about the health of their self and family. It's just not the reality. Schools are serving absolute crap that will shape children's diets and parents are letting them eat school lunch when packing a lunch is an option. My fantasy is just not realistic in this era of absolute laziness. I get down on myself for being lazy all of the time, but compared to most around me... Fuck. I doubt many of you agree with me here, and it is a self righteous cloud in many ways, but I truly do think a huge part of our healthcare dilemma is founded on our diet. And I don't see how my previous model would do anything but exaserbate that issue.

• Like 2

This bill was pushed through via the democrats largely without being read at all. I don't believe a single republican voted for it.. but it was a democrat majority. If I remember right, it was a MASSIVE document. Thousands of pages. No one read that shit.. they just passed it because it was the political thing to do. Pelosi was speaking the truth.. and is some how still holds public office. Unreal.

also, before the vote there was one copy, in a basement in congress, with guards, only one rep or senator at a time could view it, their staffers were not allowed in and no cell phones or cameras were allowed.

a dem Louisiana congress critter named Mary Landrieu is generally acknowledged to have cast the vote that allowed the bill to pass. she had been hesitant to do so at first but eventually made some deal with the Obama administration and voted for it. she was from a political dynasty in Louisiana and thought that would protect her in the '10 mid-terms and even ran that cycle by saying how proud she was of her vote. bitch crashed and burned hard. hell, nationally the democrats have lost over 1000 elected offices since obamacare passed with the bulk of the losses being directly linked to the public distaste for obamacare. the bill was so horrific that Obama had to twist dem arms to pass it and it passed without a single republican voting for it. even the notorious repub Susan Collins from Maine who might as well be a dem given her tendency to vote with them wouldn't vote for it.

on the flip side, repugs swore they would dismantle it but kept saying, "Well, we need control of the house and senate to kill it" but when we gave them that in '14 they just kind of shrugged and said, "Well, we need a supermajority before we can really do anything.....". RINOs like McCain and Graham have fought Trump more and with greater ferocity in two months than they fought Obama in eight years.

"The divide is no longer between the Left and the Right, but between the patriots and the globalists.” - Marine Le Pen

• Like 4

This is actually a huge point or two.

The premise of the play is that Clinton lost for one reason, she was a woman. The play is the debates done with a Woman as Trump same words and mannerism, the Man Clinton words and mannerism.

Instead of getting the results the people wanted, the play(by the way was done in NYC) showed woman with Trump's words and actions came across as honest and won the debate, The man came across as untrustworthy. Even after figuring this for themselves, the people saw how Trump won the election, but still hated him.

Write up on this,

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8889

"An experiment designed to reveal gender bias by reenacting the presidential debates with the candidates’ genders reversed found that Hillary Clinton would have been even less likeable as a man.

The two NYU professors who designed the experiment were "unsettled" to discover that audience members actually found Trump's style more endearing when it came from a woman.

One female audience member even remarked that she found the male version of Clinton "very punchable" because he smiled so much."

"Without enough cheap foreign workers, employers are under growing pressure to raise wages and benefits for Americans."

fuck raises!?! amirite!?! can I get an amen!?!

31 Senators Call for More Foreign Workers to Replace Blue-Collar Americans

Thirty-one Democratic and Republican Senators are asking the Department of Homeland Security to maximize the use of blue-collar outsourcing visas so U.S. companies can import more foreign workers instead of recruiting, training and paying unskilled U.S. workers.

The bipartisan request comes three months after the shocking November vote pressured GOP leaders to slash the H-2B visa program from a one-year high of 264,000 visas back down to the long-standing level of 66,000 visas.

Companies that want more H-2B workers plan to lobby legislators on March 14.

But without enough cheap foreign workers, employers are under growing pressure to raise wages and benefits for Americans.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/08/senators-try-help-h-2b-blue-collar-outsourcing-program/

Your smart phones have been hacked and you are all under possible surveillance by your TVs and no one cares????

They can watch. If my life was a reality show they would cancel it after the first twenty minutes and go to commercials

• Like 3

Noticed how fast Russia hacked the election is now persona non grata in the news. Also interesting, the NYT has gone back and changed many of their stories to take out phrases and words like wire taps from older news articles.

Funny how that happens silently, huh? 

• Like 1

"Without enough cheap foreign workers, employers are under growing pressure to raise wages and benefits for Americans." fuck raises!?! amirite!?! can I get an amen!?!31 Senators Call for More Foreign Workers to Replace Blue-Collar AmericansThirty-one Democratic and Republican Senators are asking the Department of Homeland Security to maximize the use of blue-collar outsourcing visas so U.S. companies can import more foreign workers instead of recruiting, training and paying unskilled U.S. workers.The bipartisan request comes three months after the shocking November vote pressured GOP leaders to slash the H-2B visa program from a one-year high of 264,000 visas back down to the long-standing level of 66,000 visas.Companies that want more H-2B workers plan to lobby legislators on March 14.But without enough cheap foreign workers, employers are under growing pressure to raise wages and benefits for Americans.http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/08/senators-try-help-h-2b-blue-collar-outsourcing-program/

I see 31 senators that need be gone.

#draintheswamp

• Like 3

Your smart phones have been hacked and you are all under possible surveillance by your TVs and no one cares????

Well actually, according to the Wikileak these espionage tools are being used on foreign countries, so it's your smart phone and TV the CIA is hacking. It would be HLC, FBI and NSA that have our asses tapped. 

• Like 2